-AznNinja's Avatar Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    Was just wonderin if it's even possible to record in quest games using the replay system? I know you can record using the ingame recorder but that only records from your screen in real time. Replay system/Free roam camera would be a great advantage for advertising custom quests n such.

Was there any reason as to why it was never implemented into quest games? Gives the server/coding any problems?

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Replay system doesn't support it because of how quests function compared to regular gamemodes.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Replay system doesn't support it because of how quests function compared to regular gamemodes.
    that would probably be because replay system is literally telling the game what to do and not recording the screen itself...

is there a way to add such a thing for NPC's, and if not, possibly show the recording regardless with every NPC being invisible?

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I am pretty sure it is doable, pretty sure the replay system could record the rigs of quest NPC.
    Never looked into the Replay System code so I am not 100% sure how it works, but I got my theory on how the system works.

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    I remember a version of "the blue color themed server that has many brs and is laggy" gunz had quest replays, it was super buggy, but it's doable.
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

Thread Information