Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:
    I want to enforce a rule that forbids ET's from participating VIP event's or any event that at least involves coins.

One of the reasons that the ET's are ET'S to begin with is because they used to participate in events all the time because they had a passion for it, now some of those that used to win events on a regular basis are ET's themselves.

Et's win their own events AMONGST other staff members, that makes it even harder now for the community to win some coins, and last time I checked, ET's are supposed to entertain the community, the people, not other ET's. Imo it looks like shit and greedy as hell when an ET wins another ET's event.

I don't see how events are attractive to anyone when all they see are other staff members hosting events for other staff members, that's why I want to make a rule to at least make ET's not allowed to participate in "rare" events that are meant for the people, such as VIP events, but overall any event that involves coins.

So if you agree or disagree then let me know down below. If you think this should include ALL staff members and not just ET's then let me know that aswell.
    Last edited by Linzor; 12-15-2017 at 10:52 PM.

2. The following 11 users say thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

Amy (12-15-2017), Canpai (12-16-2017), Daniel (12-15-2017), Eddie (12-16-2017), EternalBeast (12-15-2017), Eva (12-16-2017), Ommadawn (12-16-2017), Sonji (12-16-2017), StephanM (12-15-2017), Sunfire (12-16-2017), Zeino (12-16-2017)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    I both agree for the points you mentioned above however i disagree for the following reason;
    ETs are still players, like every other player, who have the ability to also host events and what not. this means they earn coins/event points in the same way and should therefore be allowed to play in whatever players are.

Amy's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Agree. I would find it ok for ETs to participate in normal events though.

Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    nibba wants the ets to pay for their coins
    atleast pay them like 50c each vip host or w,e

6. The following 3 users say thank you to braazts for this useful post:

analospony (12-15-2017), Bunny (12-16-2017), Canpai (12-16-2017)

Banned

Thanks
    Pretty hypocrite to only include et's, you have a point indeed. But than make this count for all the staff members.

Tenax's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    I personally believe there should be a limit to all staff members, not just ETs. But when it comes to ETs I think they must conjure up a plan where they'd have the whole team setting up some reasonable rules where it's fair for the players, in normal events and VIP events, that's why I always set up a limit whenever a fellow ET decides to play in a set I am hosting, but yeah, whatever they come up to with since there's so many ETs right now anyway so you can't have them all playing too.

But they shouldn't be completely forbidden from participating, when they also paid to get their VIP rank like any member. They don't get special treatment where they'd have coins whenever they need them.

Of course their job is to entertain players, therefore they shouldn't cross a certain line.

In the Christmas event none of them is allowed to play for example as I requested them not to, but it doesn't mean it should be also with all VIP events. It's fine to win every once and awhile but not make it a habit, stealing every chance from others, or don't allow us at all I rarely win anyway kek, yeah, that's my two cents regarding this matter.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tenax View Post
    I personally believe there should be a limit to all staff members, not just ETs. But when it comes to ETs I think they must conjure up a plan where they'd have the whole team setting up some reasonable rules where it's fair for the players, in normal events and VIP events, that's why I always set up a limit whenever a fellow ET decides to play in a set I am hosting, but yeah, whatever they come up to with since there's so many ETs right now anyway so you can't have them all playing too.

But they shouldn't be completely forbidden from participating, when they also paid to get their VIP rank like any member. They don't get special treatment where they'd have coins whenever they need them.

Of course their job is to entertain players, therefore they shouldn't cross a certain line.

In the Christmas event none of them is allowed to play for example as I requested them not to, but it doesn't mean it should be also with all VIP events. It's fine to win every once and awhile but not make it a habit, stealing every chance from others, or don't allow us at all I rarely win anyway kek, yeah, that's my two cents regarding this matter.
    I undeleted Surfen's post because he got a valid point. I think that they should not be allowed to participate whatsoever, and in return the host ( maybe the helpers but mostly the host) could earn some sort of reward for their contribution instead. That would encourage more ET's to host instead of participating, even though they wouldn't earn as much as if they'd participate they'd still get a "cut", which would not **** them over entirely of earning coins.

León's Avatar Are you insane like me?

Country
    Thanks
    Honestly that suggestion would've made sense like 2-3 years ago when everything was (way) more active & alive.

Thus, I don't think that should be implemented at this point of time, but some sort of a less influential limit would be fine.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Agree. I would find it ok for ETs to participate in normal events though.
    I don't think this is ideal. I've seen players complain about ETs winning regular events, sometimes. 1 event point isn't worth much to begin with, so it's probably better if the ETs keep the players' best interests in mind. This matters even more in events like circle of mines, attributes touchdown, and simon says—where each round consumes a lot of time and then the winner turns out to be an ET. I personally have no problem with this, but you can see how it'd be demotivating to players.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by León View Post
    Honestly that suggestion would've made sense like 2-3 years ago when everything was (way) more active & alive.

Thus, I don't think that should be implemented at this point of time, but some sort of a less influential limit would be fine.
    There already is a limit and it was added because of you and Ommadawn, yet that limit got fkd over because no one gave 2 shits about it, and dave and mc didn't pay attention to that because who would?

Limiting it doesn't work, either way I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented now, now's the perfect time if anything to attract more players by making them win more often.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information