View Poll Results: Do you like the snow and fog?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I don't like it

6 31.58%
  • Yes, I do like it

13 68.42%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    I like that you get a Santa hat, but the fog and snow are really annoying, I know you can disable it by changing your computers date, but why have something so appalling hard-coded in the first place, It's a very cool idea, pets in gunz are an interesting idea as well, but that doesn't mean it should be added, you could have a pumpkin for Halloween and a Santa hat for Christmas, but don't mess with the visual aspect of the maps, Snow Town can handle the Christmas theme as it always has, so please remove the snow&fog getting auto-enabled.
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

2. The following user said thank you to Amers for this useful post:

Jaay (12-23-2017)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    i havent logged in yet but i assumed if they decided to add such a thing enabled by default it would obviously have an option to disable ingame? does it not? if so it really should.

Professional Drug~

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    i havent logged in yet but i assumed if they decided to add such a thing enabled by default it would obviously have an option to disable ingame? does it not? if so it really should.
    Everyone would assume so, but you have to actually change your computers date to disable it.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    A gray fog with snow flakes falling, you can't disable it via the game's options (due to it being auto-enabled by your computers date&time), and even if you could, what's the point if nobody's going to use it.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    In order to disable that or add an option it would require an update which means a server restart & new gunz.exe and we're not gonna do that because it's gone in 76 hours anyway.

Thanks
    They are nice effects, I like them. However, I can see why some people would want an option to toggle them. If you really want to disable them and not wait for another 2-3 days, just adjust your PC's date to anything before Dec 22. Not an ideal solution, but it gets the job done.

León's Avatar Are you insane like me?

Country
    Thanks
    It doesn't really matter since it's only temporary.

Jestatic's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    If you want to get rid of the snow put effects on low.
    Last edited by Jestatic; 12-23-2017 at 10:22 PM.
    sellin 07 osrs gold ^.

_Jan's Avatar Not simple to be simple.

Country
    Thanks
    Just change ur computer date to 19-12-2017 .
    Jan

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by _Jan View Post
    Just change ur computer date to 19-12-2017 .
    My point wasn't to find ways to disable it, or to add an option to disable it, I was just saying there is no need for a feature like this, it's overkill. The Santa hat is a good idea because it's Christmas and it doesn't affect the game-play at all, but the fog & snow completely change all of the maps severely shifting the game-play, it's like adding NPC turkeys for thanks giving, or a very foggy black theme for Halloween, there is no need for such game-play impacting updates, and like with my opinion on gems I'd like to add I know how cool the snow&fog is and I can respect it's creator for such an interesting idea, but from a gunz point of view, just keep it simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information