Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    The private server of Gunz we've known and loved was called Freestyle Gunz, however, with the changes over the past ~year, it seems like the development of this game is going more towards how the old Gunz was instead of evolving to something better. Something to prove my point is the removal of the most popular room tags that made the server unique (not only [R] and [IA], but also gravity, jump, speed modifiers and ninja mode, etc).

I don't disagree that the development team has made efforts towards making the game more unique, but they added things without our consent and judgement which was a huge turn off right off the bat for alot of people (gem and weapon upgrading system) which was removed after getting so much hate.

The things I personally enjoyed doing on FGunz (maybe not all of you, you can state what you used to enjoy about gunz below) was having fun playing the way I liked, if it was by playing events (which are still done today so no complaints, except for the low population that plays it nowadays), playing gladiator in stairway or literally just having some fun with [G50] playing in different maps and doing some medstyle in stairway. I enjoyed talking to the fellow forum users on the chatbox or those who made troll threads, but the chatbox is mostly dead nowadays. A lot of people actually enjoyed, say, spamming weapons in TDM's for that matter, something that cant be done anymore without the tags that made it a unique experience.

Obviously not all of you will agree, but what have you got to say about where FGunz went the past 1-2 years?

2. The following 8 users say thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

AkaWail (12-24-2017), Canpai (12-24-2017), Eva (12-24-2017), Justice (12-29-2017), Mia (12-24-2017), Polar (12-25-2017), TeaShop (12-27-2017), Want_Smack (12-30-2017)

Canpai's Avatar 🎶🎶🎶 Music 🎶🎶🎶

Country
    Thanks
    First of ALL Thanks for making this Thread , I also was about to make Like this POST
    The Things i was Expecting Was Some new Weapons ( Normal / Donar ) , Some more Awesome Mode in GAME ,
    I am missing OLD GOLD Day of V7 it used to Rush for entering into EVENT , Like When Staff used to Announce The Pass the Room used to be Full ( but now Hardly 12 - 20 players play )
    INFECTED AND CTF was the Most Awesome Thing every one used to play For INFECTED Room used to be Full Every one used to love it and for CTF the Player used to Rush Because of Weekly Competition ( not it is DEAD )
    omg TDM was Active because OF [R][IA]
    Please Guys Bring Back The TAGS ( there were many Thread About The Tags Issue )
    NOW i can see is GOOD BYE threads ( i also was about to go but some friends told me to stay )
    Last edited by Canpai; 12-24-2017 at 03:23 PM.

4. The following 3 users say thank you to Canpai for this useful post:

Alegra (01-02-2018), River (12-24-2017), TeaShop (12-27-2017)

Mia's Avatar border police sergeant

Country
    Thanks
    One of the reasons I stopped playing is because I felt like the game got boring.

6. The following 5 users say thank you to Mia for this useful post:

Bunny (12-24-2017), Canpai (12-24-2017), Eva (12-24-2017), la flame (12-29-2017), RlCK (12-24-2017)

Senyagami's Avatar misery

Country
    Thanks
    I personally agree with your opinion, but who knows? Maybe either Mc or Dave will change their mind and bring what made this game so well-played and popular. Tbh, It became boring when they launched a new version which yeah added some "new" stuff to enjoy with except alot of players didn't liked it, and with those stuff added they removed those mods which players enjoyed. Now alot of players think that v8 sucks and instantly made the playercount-half than v7 has, since they knew that this server made a new version maybe they think it will be permanent as it is, that's why they're not interested to play, imo, I do think they have a page on Facebook and it ain't that productive to keep FGunZ players updated and so other players too. Who knows? Maybe *someday* this server will gain even more than it's recent state.
    Last edited by Senyagami; 12-24-2017 at 04:09 PM.

8. The following user said thank you to Senyagami for this useful post:

Canpai (12-24-2017)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I don't disagree that the development team has made efforts towards making the game more unique, but they added things without our consent and judgement which was a huge turn off right off the bat for alot of people (gem and weapon upgrading system) which was removed after getting so much hate.
    This could've been prevented if they offered a V8 beta/test server to all players (not just VIPs) and gave us sufficient time to experience all features and post feedback before the actual release. Proper discussions with the whole community would've certainly been useful. They eventually got rid of gems and weapon upgrades—two significant features which probably took a lot of time to develop. A wasted effort there, isn't it?

Items were all priced 0 bounty and then suddenly became way too expensive to afford (90-100K for a high level dagger?), and the low bounty rates made it worse. Now, gems are gone and the prices of most items are so insignificant, that bounty is practically useless again (except for Avatars). Back to square one.

Range-based damage on weapons and 6 second reload times on machine guns. A new hitbox system where PBs aren't as effective and still tend to surprise (and annoy) us most of the time. Again, all the grief would've been prevented if this was discussed in advance or if more players were allowed to try it and to see if they could get used to it.

...And the list goes on. I don't mean to rant here, and I'm certainly not in a position to assert this—but in my opinion, a lot of unnecessary actions could've been prevented to keep players happy. This is especially important with such a low player count now. I know quite a few people who have already stopped playing on FG.

While I appreciate that the people in charge have actually listened to us and rolled back a few features and made improvements to others, the lack of discussion is demotivating. I posted topics suggesting some changes to the CTF mode and another one about improving certain aspects of Quests, but they were simply locked with no response. CTF is completely dead, but was extremely popular prior to the update. Something needs to be done.
    A simple discussion, or at least something along the lines of "we will consider this", or even "no, because [reason]" would help. Otherwise, it just deters players from posting more suggestions (mostly minor ones, that require no coding or major work) to improve the gameplay experience.

I get that this community has been around for a long time, this game is old, and there's no incentive for the leaders to invest their time into this anymore, but minor things can make a big difference ingame. Or at the very least, things should be left the way they are if players are happy (v7 is a good example). We really don't need any new major features as we still play this game for what it always has been. I just hope there are no more sudden changes in the future. Deal with the hacks and we'll be happy!

Okay, too much? I'll stop!

Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by EternalBeast; 12-24-2017 at 04:31 PM.

10. The following 8 users say thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

Alegra (01-02-2018), Amers (12-24-2017), Bunny (12-24-2017), Canpai (12-24-2017), Mattie (12-24-2017), Senyagami (12-24-2017), TeaShop (12-27-2017), Want_Smack (12-30-2017)

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    ~~
    That is a good point, I would've given tons of feedback on V8, but I wasn't VIP, so I couldn't play test it, In my opinion the bounty, range/damage, gems and upgrading systems should have never been added to V8, to change the game so tremendously and take such a huge risk without discussing it with (competent members) of the community first was a bad idea. Currently I personally love V8, they have reverted all of the changes I didn't agree with back to their original state. I like McSic and Dave and I think they are very intelligent, skilled and competent owners, but they obviously need an inner-circle of play testers that they can consult with before any update, as they (McSic&Dave) see the game from a different perspective and point of view than someone who actually plays it frequently.

So the current problem is tags, especially [R]
    Fact number 1: Many people do not like the [R] tag
    Fact number 2: Many people like the [R] tag
    So how can we fix this?
    First, we must find a middle ground with opinions from the two opposite sides.
    Fact number 1's opinion:
    "I don't like the tag because I just want to play gunz, and gunz isn't a shooting simulator with an infinite amount of bullets and chances to get a kill."
    Fact number 2's opinion:
    "I just want to have fun and chill, I don't care if the tag some-what breaks the game, because I'm not bothered by it."
    Middle ground solution: make a balanced version of the [R] tag and only allow it on specific game modes that number 2's play, for example: Infection, CTF, Deathmatch and training rooms.

Balanced [R] tag suggestions (my opinion, but there are probably better suggestions):
    You get an X amount of bullets for each kill. (SG: 1 kill = 2 bullets gained on the weapon you killed with)
    Your bullet count gets completely refilled when you kill someone. (with the weapon you killed with)
    You get random ammo drops near you, not just when you kill somebody.
    X% ammo gain after you do a fair amount of damage to somebody.
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

Again's Avatar Fresher to Death

Country
    Thanks
    Whether the removal of those tags mattered or not short term, long term it wouldn't have mattered.
    GunZ: The Duel, as it started was a simple game. People didn't know how to Latedash, halfstep, insta, triple butterfly and what have u.
    Nowadays, however, people do know how to do that, and it has been like that for years. The skillgap of GunZ for new players is simply too much.
    and the few that do stay and try to learn are just not enough.

besides the skill gap being an issue, people got older. When I found out about GunZ I was around 10~ years old.
    I am 22 now, I either don't have the time to play a lot or I just have better things to do, so do loads of other players who used to play non-stop.
    Without the attraction for new players to come join an established 15(?) year old game, the game will die, it's inevitable. Nothing the owners/developers can do to stop that.
    Most of us just got too old.

Honestly, the only way I see a GunZ revival is if someone remade the game with all it's unique playstyles with a new engine.
    I know some people have been working on that on the low, though, that won't attract a lot of people eitherway cause they're just a small group of unknown developers.

I'd say if you're a player who still thoroughly enjoys this game for what it is, enjoy the time on it that you have left cause eventually you'll just find yourself questing on your own. sadly enough.
    Turn a GOLDEN boy into GREEN.
    Again4FM

13. The following 4 users say thank you to Again for this useful post:

Lemon (12-25-2017), Lucy (12-24-2017), S1lent (12-24-2017), Senyagami (12-24-2017)

Senyagami's Avatar misery

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Again View Post
    Whether the removal of those tags mattered or not short term, long term it wouldn't have mattered.
    GunZ: The Duel, as it started was a simple game. People didn't know how to Latedash, halfstep, insta, triple butterfly and what have u.
    Nowadays, however, people do know how to do that, and it has been like that for years. The skillgap of GunZ for new players is simply too much.
    and the few that do stay and try to learn are just not enough.

besides the skill gap being an issue, people got older. When I found out about GunZ I was around 10~ years old.
    I am 22 now, I either don't have the time to play a lot or I just have better things to do, so do loads of other players who used to play non-stop.
    Without the attraction for new players to come join an established 15(?) year old game, the game will die, it's inevitable. Nothing the owners/developers can do to stop that.
    Most of us just got too old.

Honestly, the only way I see a GunZ revival is if someone remade the game with all it's unique playstyles with a new engine.
    I know some people have been working on that on the low, though, that won't attract a lot of people eitherway cause they're just a small group of unknown developers.

I'd say if you're a player who still thoroughly enjoys this game for what it is, enjoy the time on it that you have left cause eventually you'll just find yourself questing on your own. sadly enough.
    Welp, too sad.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Again View Post
    ~~
    Yeah obviously the game is no longer getting advertised and what not so it's death is inevitable, however many of the things changed recently have made 'efforts' to reduce playerbase-- the game we used to thoroughly enjoy changed and it made quite a few people to leave before real life issues came into play.

Freestyler

Thanks
    If you want a high player count you want to attract players who actually playing the game (tdm, cws) and not the 10% of players who quest/play events (its a higher % here since balance is shit). balance is so shit here that people just go play the other server which is less pay2win and way more balanced.

So yea dont concentrate on events/quest and these dumbass [r] [ia] mods since they are only attract around 10% of the player base (again higher % in this server since balance is shit). focus on balance and maybe ull get more players

People saying that its cause gunz is dying but the other big server has been increasing in players ever since it's re-release a couple years ago.

17. The following 2 users say thank you to Akimbo for this useful post:

Kasuro (12-29-2017), Tzunami best0 (12-25-2017)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information