Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Slumped.

Country
    Thanks
    Hey guys, so I recently come back to playing GunZ after like, maybe around 6-7 years where I found myself to be actually quite decent back then. However, ever since I came back, I haven't been as successful as back then.

I wanna actually learn how to improve if you guys have any suggestions that would be great.

My main problems / questions for this topic would be :

1. I can't really move / reload shot, though, I can indeed reload shot. I've tried placing reload on right click and found some success with it, however, I would like to know if this is a good idea? I put my "alternative fire" (flip) on my mouse button 4 as I find it better anyway.

2. What keybinds are best for this game? Do many people really ever change it up, or keep it at default? I always feel the game definitely feels clunky when on the normal keybinds and would like to hear everyone's suggestions on different types of keybinds as it would be of great help. :)

3. Triple BF seems to be quite hard, can anyone really show any other way of doing it? I can consistently do DBF as it just isnt at all very hard for me, is this enough, or is TBF actually just better overall?

4. "Insta". Idk if that's the "word" for it, but I'm also just not very good with this, is this a good thing to keep in mind or is this just for show?

Everything else seems to be fine with me, I can do quite a bit just not "efficiently" enough to be as good as everyone else currently.
    I'd also like to add that ever since I made this account, and I'm at level 51, I always feel no one likes to play with lower levels, is this a thing? I just feel so much worse than everyone else and I'd feel I'd get kicked for joining at a much lower level than people and not to mention the restricted level rooms are never with people and it's only ever the free rooms which sucks so i have to play with people 100x better than me.

Anyway, that's all, I'm sorry for rambling on, would just love to find helpful information and tips on how to better myself at this game. Thank you all for reading this, have a nice day. :)

#1Chef's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    1&2: Keybinds that are popularly used are Q, E, 1, 2, and 3 for weapon switching while 4 and 5 are used for items 1 and 2, some people use scroll as well. Shooting wise right click is the popular option with left click being the flip / alternative fire button and shift for defence, while there are others who do it the other way around.
    3: I don't think there's another way of doing TBF really, just practice, but I may be wrong and someone might correct me on that.
    4: Insta is just for show, and it's not difficult to learn, just ask someone in-game I'm sure they wouldn't mind teaching you, you can ask me I'm quite active under the IGN ^WChef^Z.

Good luck relearning everything (:

3. The following user said thank you to #1Chef for this useful post:

Canpai (12-31-2017)

Canpai's Avatar 🎶🎶🎶 Music 🎶🎶🎶

Country
    Thanks
    Welcome Back tho

Slumped.

Country
    Thanks
    Thanks for everything Chef, though, I've tried using the Q and E part, I just can't get used to it at all, so I just stick with 1 2 and 3 since it's a ton more simpler. Though, the right click, why is that more used for firing? That's interesting to hear tbh, always found left click to be better. Do people also just always use R for reload? I find that extremely clunky to use when trying to move and reload shot. Are there any other keys people use reload on, or that you heard of? I'd love to hear

And thank you Canany as well.

#1Chef's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Slumpgod View Post
    Thanks for everything Chef, though, I've tried using the Q and E part, I just can't get used to it at all, so I just stick with 1 2 and 3 since it's a ton more simpler. Though, the right click, why is that more used for firing? That's interesting to hear tbh, always found left click to be better. Do people also just always use R for reload? I find that extremely clunky to use when trying to move and reload shot. Are there any other keys people use reload on, or that you heard of? I'd love to hear

Oops sorry I meant left click for fire and right click for flip/defence whichever you prefer. For reload usually I just press left click and it reloads instead of using R.

Slumped.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by #1Chef View Post
    Oops sorry I meant left click for fire and right click for flip/defence whichever you prefer. For reload usually I just press left click and it reloads instead of using R.
    How would you go about doing that? Doesn't it just usually change the key to reload or fire depending the key? Or is there something else you have to do outside of gunz?

Choco Pop's Avatar Donator

Country
    Thanks
    Welcome Back relearning its all Easy... u can learn in just 2days...

Jaay's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Slumpgod View Post

Most of people uses Middle button (basically clicking on scroll) if it's not default aka R

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Hey, welcome back to gunz!
    Here are my opinions to your questions

1. This is what I call finger rust and since I've also taken long breaks from gunz I know with a little bit of effort you can easily regain your former speed, It's like riding a bike, once you learn how to you will never forget, but the balancing takes some time to re-learn. In my opinion your keybinds don't matter, I've seen skilled players with crazy hard keyboard combinations, I personally use Q as flip, R as reload, E as block, 1, 2 and 3 to switch between weapons. (I made a video to show-case my alien keybinds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYfbotHTbKA)

2. Some keybinds give you certain advantages in terms of movement, but I still believe that keybinds are not too important, for example with my weird keybinds I cannot walk left and reloadshot since I am holding A with the finger I reload with. What I meant by not too important is, there is no such thing as "perfect keybinds", everyone uses their own "freestyle", focusing on keybinds is more time consuming than just practicing your current ones.

3. TBF is useless, you can easily learn it in 3~ days with enough practice, but it's a waste of time, if you can DBF consistently that's all you need.

4. Insta is definitely a good skill to learn and you can ask someone to train it with you, make sure to buy the "Training Sword" which deals 0 dmg.

My advice to you is to just use training sgs and jump around and shoot around in a training room, the purpose of this is to train muscle memory and to warm up your fingers to complex combinations not to certainly practice how you would play in a real competitive room.

It's not that you're low level, its probably because you:
    a) look noobish
    b) you don't have high level shotguns, or donor shotguns
    c) you are too passive
    d) you play on male

If you don't know what donation shotguns are, they are shotguns you can buy for real money, but they give you a huge advantage compared to your low level shotties that you're using right now.
    If you plan on buying them, buy these two ones.
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

Slumped.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amers View Post
    Hey, welcome back to gunz!
    Here are my opinions to your questions

1. This is what I call finger rust and since I've also taken long breaks from gunz I know with a little bit of effort you can easily regain your former speed, It's like riding a bike, once you learn how to you will never forget, but the balancing takes some time to re-learn. In my opinion your keybinds don't matter, I've seen skilled players with crazy hard keyboard combinations, I personally use Q as flip, R as reload, E as block, 1, 2 and 3 to switch between weapons. (I made a video to show-case my alien keybinds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYfbotHTbKA)

2. Some keybinds give you certain advantages in terms of movement, but I still believe that keybinds are not too important, for example with my weird keybinds I cannot walk left and reloadshot since I am holding A with the finger I reload with. What I meant by not too important is, there is no such thing as "perfect keybinds", everyone uses their own "freestyle", focusing on keybinds is more time consuming than just practicing your current ones.

3. TBF is useless, you can easily learn it in 3~ days with enough practice, but it's a waste of time, if you can DBF consistently that's all you need.

4. Insta is definitely a good skill to learn and you can ask someone to train it with you, make sure to buy the "Training Sword" which deals 0 dmg.

My advice to you is to just use training sgs and jump around and shoot around in a training room, the purpose of this is to train muscle memory and to warm up your fingers to complex combinations not to certainly practice how you would play in a real competitive room.

It's not that you're low level, its probably because you:
    a) look noobish
    b) you don't have high level shotguns, or donor shotguns
    c) you are too passive
    d) you play on male

If you don't know what donation shotguns are, they are shotguns you can buy for real money, but they give you a huge advantage compared to your low level shotties that you're using right now.
    If you plan on buying them, buy these two ones.
    https://i.imgur.com/nQzO4QC.png
    Appreciate the great response! =) I've just grown to using right click as reload now, and keep MB4 as flip, idk why, it just feels more comfortable to me. With TBF i just see certain people doing it, idk who, but they just style on everyone doing it, and that's partly why i wanted to learn it :p Also, with insta, ive somewhat learned it, but not to a perfect extent, just slightly know what I'm doing, and as well as using the training ones is what I do if i practice on another person. I do sit in training rooms a lot to try and get better at what I am doing and getting used to doing such moves.

With the whole level thing
    a. you're probably right, i just probably should stick in the train rooms until i feel more comfortable with my ability.
    b. i bought the Infinity since it was on sale, and plan to buy the genesis next, or duelisto, but i also won the red donation shotgun in a box, so i may just stick with it for the 45 days.
    c. i play extremely aggro when actually trying to duel someone or multiples.
    d. not at all, never liked the male model

Overall, thank you so much for the well thought out answer.

12. The following user said thank you to Arso for this useful post:

Amers (12-31-2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information