Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sunfire's Avatar [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SaintSnow View Post
    i dont know if this is the good place to post this thread, question to gm/fm if wrong section to move it to the right section.

well as many of you people know the player count keeps dropping. 2 weeks ago when i returned i saw overal 100 players(back a year ago it was 200+). now last week when i came online i didnt see player count rising above 80. which is dusturbing.
    i think we all need to think about a solution to this.. even McSic and dave. because i've seen this earlier happen to ********.. And while i think most of the people want to keep this server alive for a little while because everyone knows eachother which makes it alot of fun ingame..

i think if we don't try to do something about it our player count will decrease to 50 in this summer.

so i made this thread to search for solutions to stop this and bring back a bit fo the player count to a stable 100+.

would've like to see everyone try to do something.

i got 1 idea..:
    maybe search for the rights of maiet/ijji to make this a official server of gunz?(since there is no official server)
    then contact steam about it and maybe with payment add it to steam shop/client. So it will be seen in the Shop as a unique fast paced action shoooter.
    since alot of people use steam and we might bring new people in.

let's all try to help this server stay alive..

-sorry for not that great english , idk i suck at it.
    Official rights for GunZ cost more than 100k USD and that's only if MAIET are willing to negotiate a deal with a private server. So good luck with that

Getting a 14 year old game on Steam is one thing. Advertise it and get people to join it is another and believe is gonna cost tons of money. GunZ in general isn't worth anyones money at this point. It has countless problems.

We all loved this game but we are here only for the Nostalgia. Eventually this game will die and it's a shame. One of the most Skill-based games I've ever played.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to Sunfire for this useful post:

Amers (01-13-2018), SaintSnow (01-13-2018)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    Official rights for GunZ cost more than 100k USD and that's only if MAIET are willing to negotiate a deal with a private server. So good luck with that

Getting a 14 year old game on Steam is one thing. Advertise it and get people to join it is another and believe is gonna cost tons of money. GunZ in general isn't worth anyones money at this point. It has countless problems.

We all loved this game but we are here only for the Nostalgia. Eventually this game will die and it's a shame. One of the most Skill-based games I've ever played.
    MAIET is no longer so I am pretty sure they sold all their rights to Masangsoft, not sure where you get the 100K USD price from so please show us this intel XD.

4. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Bunny (01-13-2018)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    MAIET is no longer so I am pretty sure they sold all their rights to Masangsoft, not sure where you get the 100K USD price from so please show us this intel XD.
    This was back in an old Gunz Forum that is now closed so every detail is lost FeelsBadMan. At the time they were talking about negotiations with MAIET or Masang (not sure) in order to buy the official rights and the price was around 100k USD. But since the Forum is closed I can't really provide intel since I can't find the thread. This was 2-3 years ago tho.

Anyways I don't know if Masangsoft bought Gunz The Duel (1) as a package deal with Gunz The Second Duel. But even if they did they probably have no intention of reviving it so RIP.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    This was back in an old Gunz Forum that is now closed so every detail is lost FeelsBadMan. At the time they were talking about negotiations with MAIET or Masang (not sure) in order to buy the official rights and the price was around 100k USD. But since the Forum is closed I can't really provide intel since I can't find the thread. This was 2-3 years ago tho.

Anyways I don't know if Masangsoft bought Gunz The Duel (1) as a package deal with Gunz The Second Duel. But even if they did they probably have no intention of reviving it so RIP.
    Its still worth a try, but i highly doubt its 100k USD. You can pay like 10 devs to make a game from scratch with a different name and itll be better and run on a newer engine and still have it cost less than 100k.

Noisia's Avatar More than meets the eye.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Its still worth a try, but i highly doubt its 100k USD. You can pay like 10 devs to make a game from scratch with a different name and itll be better and run on a newer engine and still have it cost less than 100k.
    They have already, It's called RenegadeZ. Progress is slow with the project, but is on the right track. More people just need to show support, if they want any kind of revival. RenegadeZ is using the new Unreal engine, so toaster PCs will suffer, as I know a lot of the GunZ community thrive off using toasters haha.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Do it then if you believe it's worth it XD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information