Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

The round timer is set to 10 minutes by default when the mode is TDM. Ideally, a single round in a TDM game shouldn't exceed a couple of minutes—let alone 10. This isn't usually a problem in normal TDMs, but it does get quite frustrating in Attack and Defense games when teams start camping often. Most people that create these rooms forget to modify the timer, so my suggestion is to change the default time limit for TDM rounds to 3 minutes.

This is a very minor suggestion, but can prove to be quite useful. I hope you consider this, at least.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Maybe also re-evaluate the timers in other gamemodes, you wouldnt want your gungame streak to reset mid-game or perhaps make the default time in training infinite, and so on.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Maybe also re-evaluate the timers in other gamemodes, you wouldnt want your gungame streak to reset mid-game or perhaps make the default time in training infinite, and so on.
    Agreed.

Gun game is already set to infinite by default. It'd be useful for CTF, DM, DM + Berserker, and Gladiator to follow the same, as there's no point in ending them prematurely. I can't speak for Team Gladiator, since people usually sit and watch others fight, etc.

EASTVAN's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    gotta be at least 5 for the garden majority we have on here.

i have only been here for however long, 3 days or so, and I have seen mostly TDM and a big non team game and one A&D

i think 5 or 7 mins...cuz we must consider the implication it could have had on non AnD.

personally, seeing as it is only one room or so at a time. the easy thing do is just change the time..
    who is making these games, is it randoms? i thought the same ppl usually play..remind ppl with your word.
    恰合

叶 部 让 拟 囡 过 烨 补 让 袮 囝 过 也 不 让 倪 难 国
    伙 的 保 护 神 真 格 潨 聚 合 和 合 力 合 合 理 威 容 故 亦 变 奕 闻 达 的 问 答
    圈 圏 变 変 合 圆 也.
    尔 过.
    翼 加 医 家 一 家 怡

Thanks
    Originally Posted by EASTVAN View Post

i have only been here for however long, 3 days or so, and I have seen mostly TDM and a big non team game and one A&D

i think 5 or 7 mins...cuz we must consider the implication it could have had on non AnD.

personally, seeing as it is only one room or so at a time. the easy thing do is just change the time..
    who is making these games, is it randoms? i thought the same ppl usually play..remind ppl with your word.
    Even big garden games (16 vs 16) have rounds that end within 2 to 2.5 minutes at best. 5-7 minutes per round simply never happens in TDMs apart from A/Ds.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EASTVAN View Post

I believe setting the timer low by default, even if you give players the ability to change it, will solve a lot of unwanted campers in A&D by forcing them to play faster as the room is already created "by mistake" with a low default timer.

7. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

EternalBeast (01-16-2018)

EASTVAN's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    hm, okay, I didn't read the multiple thingies comments, that sounds good
    but idk i think that TDMs still need at least 5 b
    恰合

叶 部 让 拟 囡 过 烨 补 让 袮 囝 过 也 不 让 倪 难 国
    伙 的 保 护 神 真 格 潨 聚 合 和 合 力 合 合 理 威 容 故 亦 变 奕 闻 达 的 问 答
    圈 圏 变 変 合 圆 也.
    尔 过.
    翼 加 医 家 一 家 怡

SaintSnow's Avatar im Nuuuup

Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

The round timer is set to 10 minutes by default when the mode is TDM. Ideally, a single round in a TDM game shouldn't exceed a couple of minutes—let alone 10. This isn't usually a problem in normal TDMs, but it does get quite frustrating in Attack and Defense games when teams start camping often. Most people that create these rooms forget to modify the timer, so my suggestion is to change the default time limit for TDM rounds to 3 minutes.

This is a very minor suggestion, but can prove to be quite useful. I hope you consider this, at least.
    and yet you are the one camping....
    iLove iDots for gifting me 150 coins

Special Thanks to GHTEndo

Thanks to Lunethz

King

10. The following user said thank you to SaintSnow for this useful post:

EternalBeast (01-16-2018)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    To be added

Thread Information