View Poll Results: Would you like to see a 1 V 1 Tournament happen?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, let's do it!

37 66.07%
  • No, because I suck.

19 33.93%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Zeus's Avatar Avalanche Gaming

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    We're not just talking about 1v1s here.

We're talking about OLD-SCHOOL GunZ'ing which would ALSO include maps like Mansion, Factory, Garden, High Haven and perhaps even Station.
    The tournament it self is a 1v1 Tournament? So we are pretty much are talking 1v1's?

Loved by few.
    Hated by many.
    Respected by all.

Amy's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The tournament it self is a 1v1 Tournament? So we are pretty much are talking 1v1's?
    I invite you to re-read my comment again

Country
    Thanks
    I invite you to re-read my comment again
    "We're not just talking about 1v1s here."

" We're talking about OLD-SCHOOL GunZ'ing which would ALSO include maps like Mansion, Factory, Garden, High Haven and perhaps even Station. "

The key point of the thread was for 1v1's

The second factor was keeping it oldschool, anyone who understands the oldschool concept of a 1v1 knows that it would always be Town, weapon grades and hp/ap both the same, I'm not sure which GunZ era you are from but I can't quite fathom how you can argue that Town isn't the oldschool way of 1v1ing?
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-18-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Loved by few.
    Hated by many.
    Respected by all.

Rain's Avatar Reality, What is?

Country
    Thanks
    "We're not just talking about 1v1s here."

" We're talking about OLD-SCHOOL GunZ'ing which would ALSO include maps like Mansion, Factory, Garden, High Haven and perhaps even Station. "

The second factor was keeping it oldschool, anyone who understands the oldschool concept of a 1v1 knows that it would always be Town, weapon grades and hp/ap both the same, I'm not sure which GunZ era you are from but can't quit fathom how you can argue that Town isn't the oldschool way of 1v1ing?

Amy's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks

The second factor was keeping it oldschool, anyone who understands the oldschool concept of a 1v1 knows that it would always be Town, weapon grades and hp/ap both the same, I'm not sure which GunZ era you are from but can't quit fathom how you can argue that Town isn't the oldschool way of 1v1ing?
    You mentioned "old-school". Might aswell use other maps.

As a matter of fact, you would be surprised. Seen many people back in ijji do 1v1s in places like Hall for example.

I'm sticking to my opinion.

Country
    Thanks
    You mentioned "old-school". Might aswell use other maps.

As a matter of fact, you would be surprised. Seen many people back in ijji do 1v1s in places like Hall for example.

I'm sticking to my opinion.
    I mention oldschool because everything I stated about the 1v1 Tournament is about as Oldschool as it gets other than the fact I didn't include Lead, nobody who wanted to see if they were better than another played Hall, there was a few occasions where TIGER & Danny took a few 1v1's in Hall but nothing to set your name out there because let's face it Hall aiming doesn't require much. Look through the ********** Achives , serious 1v1s took place in Town, you don't get players saying to another "You suck 1v1 me" and then proceeding to set up a 20 Round TDM of Prison / Garden/ Factory etc, not unless it wasn't a serious challenge.

The proposal of the tournament is serious, serious enough to see who actually holds the top spots of being the best 1v1ers on this server to date, regardless of the player counts or who's quit and who hasn't, there will always be a top player.
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-18-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Loved by few.
    Hated by many.
    Respected by all.

Amy's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    I mention oldschool because everything I stated about the 1v1 Tournament is about as Oldschool as it gets other than the fact I didn't include Lead, nobody who wanted to see if they were better than another played Hall, there was a few occasions where TIGER & Danny took a few 1v1's in Hall but nothing to set your name out there because let's face it Hall aiming doesn't require much. Look through the ********** Achives , serious 1v1s took place in Town, you don't get players saying to another "You suck 1v1 me" and then proceeding to set up a 20 Round TDM of Prison / Garden/ Factory etc, not unless it wasn't a serious challenge.

The proposal of the tournament is serious, serious enough to see who actually holds the top spots of being the best 1v1ers on this server to date, regardless of the player counts or who's quit and who hasn't, there will always be a top player.
    I wish you luck in hosting the tournament.

Country
    Thanks
    Question -
    If Town only, how are sides going to be switched to ensure no bias?
    Switch sides after 10 rounds and most kills after 20 rounds wins?
    We all know the cries are going to come - "but you had the blue spawn" etc.

Personally, 1v1 in DBZ with bow. **** things up, no walls to hide behind and pot.

Sunfire's Avatar [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲

Country
    Thanks
    We're not just talking about 1v1s here.

We're talking about OLD-SCHOOL GunZ'ing which would ALSO include maps like Mansion, Factory, Garden, High Haven and perhaps even Station.
    Nobody wants to 1v1 in these maps. Every map u stated is a camping, potshotting map. Garden,Mansion or STATION?!?!? the ****. Sorry we don't wanna kill ourselves yet.

The "old-school" unwritten rules for 1v1 in Gunz were simple. Same Weapons, Same HP/AP, Town, No camp, Only Middle, No Pot-shot. You dont follow the rules u lose.

SaintSnow's Avatar im Nuuuup

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    Nobody wants to 1v1 in these maps. Every map u stated is a camping, potshotting map. Garden,Mansion or STATION?!?!? the ****. Sorry we don't wanna kill ourselves yet.

The "old-school" unwritten rules for 1v1 in Gunz were simple. Same Weapons, Same HP/AP, Town, No camp, Only Middle, No Pot-shot. You dont follow the rules u lose.
    actually, no camp, no potshot, only middle weren't the regular oldschool rules.

old-school rules were simple. same weapons , same hp & town as map.

potshotting camping and that sort of stuff were allowed but was considered a no go as everyone would hate you and call you trash so no 1 dared to do that.. yet i saw some doing that,
    iLove iDots for gifting me 150 coins

Special Thanks to GHTEndo

Thanks to Lunethz

King

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information