Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    The current events have gotten extremely repetitive and also boring to an extent. When applications for the event team were open a couple of months ago, almost all applicants posted new event ideas. What about them? Aren't any of them going to be included in the event list?

Let it break down some examples for you:

[1] LMS is hosted almost every single day, and the worst part is that it's hosted in the same maps: Town, Garden, Island Temple, CS Assault, and—occasionally, if we're lucky—something else. It's as if other maps don't exist.

[2] Hide and Seek: Another fun event, but always has a poor selection of maps. As usual, Town is always on the list. Castle is another frequent one where you can find people spawning at the red base winning most of the time. Yes, all you do is spawn and wait there until you win. Fun.

Other common maps used are Port, Garden, Weapon shop, etc. How the heck do you hide in Weapon shop and Garden? Why do other maps like Island, Lost Shrine, Dungeon 2, Skyline, and Cybersports even exist?

[3] Run sword/long sword/dagger: It wouldn't be fair for me to comment on them now since I stopped playing them a while ago. But yeah, they do get boring and are probably hosted in the same maps I mentioned above.

Now, let's come to some good events that should be hosted more often:

[1] Lights: This event is fun, keeps all the participants actively engaged, and is quite challenging. I don't see why this is almost never hosted. I get that it requires at least 2 ET members, but that shouldn't be a problem as I often see more than one of them around when events are hosted.

[2] Simon says: Another good one, but rarely hosted. Even if it is, it's always in the same map. Sure, the map is irrelevant here, but why not switch things up a little?

Another problem with [1] and [2] is that they aren't even included in polls for VIP events. Since the reward is 25c per round, they definitely deserve to be on the list.

[3] Wall to wall, True/False, and Race: These could certainly be hosted more often instead of LMS and Run from Nade all the time. Why not?

[4] Gun game.

Events that could use improvements:

[1] Guess the password: Make it more interesting. Vague questions like "A map in gunz" or "A gamemode in gunz" isn't fun and doesn't require any thinking...it's all about luck. It's fine sometimes, but I see this happening often. How about some challenging questions? Tenax often makes this event very interesting, so credits to her on this one.

Anyway, the reason I posted this topic is to point out how repetitive events and their maps are, and also the fact that no new events are being considered despite being given plenty of ideas. I'm sure at least a couple of new ones can be included. The event team members actively host events on a daily basis, so my request to them is to try being more creative and keep it interesting.

2. The following user said thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

Daniel (01-27-2018)

Thread Information