View Poll Results: Do you also want a FOV Slider?!?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • A) Yes

24 75.00%
  • B) A

1 3.13%
  • C) B

7 21.88%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    The hard-coded FOV was done for a reason, it's handle via an algorithm that works for almost any resolution, and properly sets it based on the width and height of the resolution. it gives you the closest you can possibly get to a proper fov for widescreens. I've tried this slider in the past, and yes it gives an unfair advantage, b/c people end up setting it to ridiculous values like 500 in order to see behind them.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to Jetman for this useful post:

Bunny (01-30-2018), Canpai (01-30-2018), EASTVAN (01-30-2018)

EASTVAN's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    The hard-coded FOV was done for a reason, it's handle via an algorithm that works for almost any resolution, and properly sets it based on the width and height of the resolution. it gives you the closest you can possibly get to a proper fov for widescreens. I've tried this slider in the past, and yes it gives an unfair advantage, b/c people end up setting it to ridiculous values like 500 in order to see behind them.
    hm I don't know why that would be allowed on any other server..seems strange, I like the game how it is as well..but projects are always fun, or at least thinking about them lol..I wonder what kinda handicap u could give and make it fair if they have it be their FOV is greater..I was thinking some kind of delay in turning around etc but idk how you can override mouse speed from the engine, and how you would code it based on the value of FOV. i only know about interrupts and I don't think that is the best idea, but it could be kinda funny and fun if people got stuck for 0.3 secs or so. I mean we do have those stun nades XD.

I know that quaternions are implemented for 3D spaces and camera rotation but I haven't put any time in my math. letting u know about that for this game and any games u may code in the future. difficult, but fruit full
    恰合

叶 部 让 拟 囡 过 烨 补 让 袮 囝 过 也 不 让 倪 难 国
    伙 的 保 护 神 真 格 潨 聚 合 和 合 力 合 合 理 威 容 故 亦 变 奕 闻 达 的 问 答
    圈 圏 变 変 合 圆 也.
    尔 过.
    翼 加 医 家 一 家 怡

Jaay's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Most people would use default since we're all so used to Default.

My 2 cents

Yasuo's Avatar O d y s s e y

Country
    Thanks
    How is it an unfair advantage if anyone can use it? The 1920x1080 resolution is unplayable, so i don‘t know what you are talking about.
    Oxymoron | JOEYBADASS | Wiz

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    If people set it to ridiculous values like 500 why not just limit the range? Freestyle GunZ has "Freestyle" in it's name, why not follow your moto and add a FOV slider so people can play at any FOV they want, not just the FOV you deem as "proper". While it may be proper, as in players can play all resolutions with a reasonable FOV, what if some players want a more zoomed out FOV on 800x600, or someone wants a more zoomed in FOV on 1920x1080? For them a proper FOV would be something they chose for themselves. You can't define what 100% of FG players find proper, I remember when FG updated to the fov algorithm, some players actually complained that 1920x1080 wasn't zoomed in, because they were used to it and considered a ****ed up FOV like that "proper", so you needed to add a toggle option.

Originally Posted by Jaay View Post
    Most people would use default since we're all so used to Default.

My 2 cents
    My point is, if the FOV slider is easy to add (they can limit it to a reasonable range so it doesn't create any exploits) and adding a FOV slider could possibly get more players to join, why not do it? The players who use default won't be affected and it just makes configuring FG so much better.

Imagine if there's a shotgun in the bounty store that 60% of FG players won't and don't use, but the other 40% use it & find it to be a very good shotgun, would it be reasonable to remove that shotgun just because 60% of players don't use it? That's how I see the FOV slider. Probably in the future the 60% of FG players will at some point try that "shotgun" they thought they would never use and start finding it to be a "very good shotgun" anyways.
    Last edited by Amers; 01-30-2018 at 01:12 PM.
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Yasuo View Post
    How is it an unfair advantage if anyone can use it? The 1920x1080 resolution is unplayable, so i don‘t know what you are talking about.
    How is it unplayable? I've been using it for years and it seems perfectly fine to me.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    I don't necessarily disagree.

I'd suggest a limited FOV slider to be used instead of the 'old camera option'.

I've seen FOV sliders in plenty of other competitive games, such as the famous PUBG and Rainbow Six: Siege.

9. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Amers (01-30-2018)

Yasuo's Avatar O d y s s e y

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    How is it unplayable? I've been using it for years and it seems perfectly fine to me.
    Because you can‘t have the original camera distance with this resolution, it‘s either too much zoomed out or too much zoomed in.
    Oxymoron | JOEYBADASS | Wiz

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    its not necessarily an unfair advantage, but it's no fun when players get vision of you before youve expected simply because theyve used an FOV that was never implemented in the game/server before. some people might get very frustrated by that.

EASTVAN's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree.

I'd suggest a limited FOV slider to be used instead of the 'old camera option'.

I've seen FOV sliders in plenty of other competitive games, such as the famous PUBG and Rainbow Six: Siege.
    I had assumed it was editable via other method.
    I am sure if this exists as a possibility it is best for it be left out.
    Minimizing this kind of thing whilst having fun..GunZ is a great platform

well, I would worry about it being used as means of douing something else but not sure, I'm kinda talking out my ass now cuz i don't like different camera views really and I think it more fun to give a set of limitations but allow more extreme camera distance..greater challenge

- - - Updated - - -

Because you can‘t have the original camera distance with this resolution, it‘s either too much zoomed out or too much zoomed in.
    never knew that , then I would think the camera system should be redone
    恰合

叶 部 让 拟 囡 过 烨 补 让 袮 囝 过 也 不 让 倪 难 国
    伙 的 保 护 神 真 格 潨 聚 合 和 合 力 合 合 理 威 容 故 亦 变 奕 闻 达 的 问 答
    圈 圏 变 変 合 圆 也.
    尔 过.
    翼 加 医 家 一 家 怡

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information