View Poll Results: Do you also want a FOV Slider?!?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • A) Yes

24 75.00%
  • B) A

1 3.13%
  • C) B

7 21.88%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yasuo's Avatar O d y s s e y

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    The hard-coded FOV was done for a reason, it's handle via an algorithm that works for almost any resolution, and properly sets it based on the width and height of the resolution. it gives you the closest you can possibly get to a proper fov for widescreens. I've tried this slider in the past, and yes it gives an unfair advantage, b/c people end up setting it to ridiculous values like 500 in order to see behind them.
    How is it an unfair advantage if anyone can use it? The 1920x1080 resolution is unplayable, so i don‘t know what you are talking about.
    Oxymoron | JOEYBADASS | Wiz

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Yasuo View Post
    How is it an unfair advantage if anyone can use it? The 1920x1080 resolution is unplayable, so i don‘t know what you are talking about.
    How is it unplayable? I've been using it for years and it seems perfectly fine to me.

Yasuo's Avatar O d y s s e y

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    How is it unplayable? I've been using it for years and it seems perfectly fine to me.
    Because you can‘t have the original camera distance with this resolution, it‘s either too much zoomed out or too much zoomed in.
    Oxymoron | JOEYBADASS | Wiz

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Yasuo View Post
    its not necessarily an unfair advantage, but it's no fun when players get vision of you before youve expected simply because theyve used an FOV that was never implemented in the game/server before. some people might get very frustrated by that.

Thread Information