Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hetfield's Avatar Riding the lightning

Country
    Thanks
    hey im having an issue with this usb flash drive i bought in a chinese market lol its prob missing something idk
    i downloaded a few movies and i want to watch em on my tv but it seems like the flash drive has no idea what an .avi file is, i mean it doesnt show up as a video format, doesnt let me play it, shows up on my tv but it says 'invalid format' and auto skips the movie.
    this is the usb flash drive im talking about

help please maybe its missing a codec or something. no its not some error with the movies because i tried on other usb flash drives and they work.
    thanks

-d

Ekital's Avatar Ultima

Country
    Thanks
    The flash drive shouldn't cause that issue if anything it sounds like your TV can't read the video encoding. Did you try the same movie on other flash drives? If you did and they worked try re-formatting the usb flash drive to FAT32.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ekital View Post
    The flash drive shouldn't cause that issue if anything it sounds like your TV can't read the video encoding. Did you try the same movie on other flash drives? If you did and they worked try re-formatting the usb flash drive to FAT32.
    i tried on other flash drives and everything is ok, and no it didnt work, still got the same issue

Zeus's Avatar Avalanche Gaming

Country
    Thanks
    Sounds like your television doesn't support the file format in which the movies are saved as. Try finding the movie torrents with a .mp4 file type and will most likely work.

Loved by few.
    Hated by many.
    Respected by all.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hoodlum View Post
    Sounds like your television doesn't support the file format in which the movies are saved as. Try finding the movie torrents with a .mp4 file type and will most likely work.
    my tv does support the file format(avi mp4 mkv etc), i do it all the time and i tried with other 3 flash drives. the problem is with this last one i bought few days ago. so idk whats the problem... maybe it just doesnt know what .avi is? lol

Fay's Avatar Inactive

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hetfield View Post
    hey im having an issue with this usb flash drive i bought in a chinese market lol its prob missing something idk
    i downloaded a few movies and i want to watch em on my tv but it seems like the flash drive has no idea what an .avi file is, i mean it doesnt show up as a video format, doesnt let me play it, shows up on my tv but it says 'invalid format' and auto skips the movie.
    this is the usb flash drive im talking about
    https://http2.mlstatic.com/pendrive-...4_012018-F.jpg
    help please maybe its missing a codec or something. no its not some error with the movies because i tried on other usb flash drives and they work.
    thanks

-d
    Problem solved, yw.

7. The following 2 users say thank you to Fay for this useful post:

Ekital (02-17-2018), Hetfield (02-17-2018)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Maybe it cant read directly from the flash drive and therefore needs to be moved into the televisions internal memory (if such a thing exists in yours). Otherwise try to look for file converters on google for an mp4 one and see if that one works.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bram View Post
    Problem solved, yw.
    bruh it was cheap af lol i had to buy it

Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Maybe it cant read directly from the flash drive and therefore needs to be moved into the televisions internal memory (if such a thing exists in yours). Otherwise try to look for file converters on google for an mp4 one and see if that one works.
    nope it doesnt but i'll try converting them to mp4

EASTVAN's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    hm maybe this is some sort of serialization put in practice by some means,, im not sure of the AVI standard, or its realtion to mp4,, unfamiliar with both,, maybe when transfer from hard drive > flash drive there is some logic on there that can rewrite bits of code,, headers etc,, whichever classify or nullify the AVI format
    恰合

叶 部 让 拟 囡 过 烨 补 让 袮 囝 过 也 不 让 倪 难 国
    伙 的 保 护 神 真 格 潨 聚 合 和 合 力 合 合 理 威 容 故 亦 变 奕 闻 达 的 问 答
    圈 圏 变 変 合 圆 也.
    尔 过.
    翼 加 医 家 一 家 怡

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EASTVAN View Post
    hm maybe this is some sort of serialization put in practice by some means,, im not sure of the AVI standard, or its realtion to mp4,, unfamiliar with both,, maybe when transfer from hard drive > flash drive there is some logic on there that can rewrite bits of code,, headers etc,, whichever classify or nullify the AVI format
    thanks for using complicated words to describe a problem without suggesting a solution

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information