Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
Don't agree there though, there's a reason why we use rifles to hunt elks/bears and such, bigger animals. But to get that rifle you need to go through a long process.
Yeah that one's my bad. Forgot to take into account that people in certain areas have to hunt for their food for survival needs, which then yeah would require something stronger than a handgun.

Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
If you don't need a gun when you're 18 or 21, why would you need one when you're 25?
Well I know it wasn't originally taken into account in my OG post, but one reason would be the reason I mentioned above this, hunting food for survival purposes. Also most people generally want to purchase a gun for self defense purposes to make themselves feel more secure, which is understandable living in the US with such high crime rates all over the place. Also the reasoning behind why I say 25 is because, yes, I understand age and maturity don't always correlate (i.e. some 14 year olds have more maturity in their pinky than plenty of people in their early 20s), but generally these two tend to correlate. You have 18 year olds going out partying and not giving a shit about life, underage drinking and making poor decisions, eager to finally turn 21 to be able to legally drink, then that phase will tend to die down once someone is in their mid 20s. Most people will have their maturity fully established by the time they're in their mid 20s because they aren't going to get very far in life with an immature attitude at that point. They start to realize shit man, I need to save money and comfortably afford a place to live, feed myself and possibly a family at that point, etc.

Also taking into account that gun control is a big buzz topic in the moment due to school shootings. A good majority of people are fully completed with high school and college by the time they're 25 and have developed more in terms of maturity. And the development in maturity also ties into gun crimes in general.

I know there's a lot of "what ifs" you can argue against some of my points, but you're honestly not going to form 100% perfect gun control laws in this world to eliminate these issues completely and forever, especially not in the US. The most you can do is alter what already exists to do your best to prevent it as best as possible.