I am slightly confused.. I have the right to bare arms for my country because at 18 I have the ability to give my life and my freedom for my country. If I am not mistaken you all should do more research on those "18" shootings... most were gun related incidents not actual shootings.. I think even one was a accidental discharge that went through a window which was classified into one of the 18. I don't discredit the fact that people in general are idiots but lets not forget the reason why america can make so many bad choices in the first place... we fought for it. If I am not mistaken we also assisted many other territories in keeping independence and continue to send men and woman to questionable area's whom are but 18 years old...

Yet when they fight for their country and the freedoms of the constitution people think that's where the logic fails? Come on.. it is the society/mentality of people that causes poor choices not the constitution or gun laws. There are illegal drugs... yet an over whelming number of people are addicted to it because it enters the country or is manufactured illegally. Go figure, a law for illegal substance yet so very easy to get. Restricting guns would only take them away from those who could potentially benifit from it rather than the scum bags that would have them even after they were banished.

Police can not be everywhere. There will always be crime, poverty, ignorance, jealousy, hatred, etc.. I would rather someone being assaulted, attacked, harmed, or murdered have the opportunity to defend themselves in my country that allow an evil person to harm an innocent one with not way to protect themselves. There are much deeper issues in the USA as in most countries that should be addressed more than a misinformed news reporter whom gives a vague number on the count of shootings as they put it.