Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    philipawalke's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Thanks for taking the time to read Traumatiser. They actually have released a playable demo here: Renegadez Update and Playable Demo

Unfortunately, the Reddit Gunz Community is very small, and they haven't had much luck reaching out to the old Gunz community, which is why I thought I could share it here. As for the reskinned mansion map, they wanted to recreate a few of the old maps as tribute to the original game.

Here's Kazuma trying out an older version of it...
    Kazuma Trying Out Renegadez

As for the donations, it could easily just be a friend of the developer. I have also donated as well, although I am working on music for the game. Not actually on the development team though, I just offered to help out.
    Last edited by philipawalke; 09-30-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by philipawalke View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to read Traumatiser. They actually have released a playable demo here: https://www.reddit.com/r/gunz/commen...dez_patch_020/

Unfortunately, the Reddit Gunz Community is very small, and they haven't had much luck reaching out to the old Gunz community, which is why I thought I could share it here. As for the reskinned mansion map, they wanted to recreate a few of the old maps as tribute to the original game.

Here's Kazuma trying out an older version of it...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qw2ZRu04M8
    goodluck then dude i really hope inthe future a game inspired by gunz can really hit mainstream just for that nostalgia sake cause gunz had the potential just was always in the bad hands from its release date and should of been blown up bigger and stayed long as other long living games.

good luck dude with the project

Country
    Thanks
    Thank you, I hope it works out too.

Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

Country
    Thanks
    But the real question is do the moderators allow kickstarters if they do

Im setting up my bumlife kickstarter and advertise here

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    I can see Masangsoft already stepping in since it resembles GunZ 1/2 too much.

Country
    Thanks
    From the developers:

"Q: What about copyright?

A: "DISCLAIMER: We do not have all the information about this topic just yet but we will keep you updated as we get more info"

As far as we know, copyrights only covers certain things, for example we wouldn't be able to name the game "GunZ: The third duel" or something like that and its possible that stage names etc would have to be changed as well. However you can't copyright game mechanics and there is tons of games which are similar to each other and use almost the exact same mechanics (Look at most fighting games for example, there isn't all that much difference between the core gameplay of Tekken, Street fighter, Mortal Combat and so on)

The technical term for a remake would be a "spiritual successor" meaning there isn't any direct relation between the games other than inspiration (Similar to how Overwatch is a spiritual successor to Team Fortress 2). It's true we're trying to mimic the mechanics to capture the essence of the game, but in the end we want to create our own game and expand on it further beyond what the original GunZ was capable of."
    Last edited by philipawalke; 09-30-2018 at 02:41 PM.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Wrong section and we already have a Renegadez thread located here (in the correct section): https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...inspired-game)

- - -

Threads merged.

One question though: Imagine RenegadeZ has their own forums and we come to your forums and try to advertise FGunZ - how'd that work out?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    One question though: Imagine RenegadeZ has their own forums and we come to your forums and try to advertise FGunZ - how'd that work out?
    I think it's fair consdering it's its own game, wouldn't really consider it to be a GunZ server

Jonathan pls's Avatar Uh suma luma duma luma

Country
    Thanks
    Also if you have some spare money
    they have a kickstarter

https://www.reddit.com/r/gunz/commen...ure_community/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information