View Poll Results: Do you think this should be allowed?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this is okay with me.

6 26.09%
  • No, it's not fair to have this type of advantage in game.

10 43.48%
  • Please ban him.

5 21.74%
  • Oooo! Ooo! TEACH ME!~ TEACH ME!~

2 8.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brutus's Avatar ^GHumble^E

Thanks
    There's a player named Wulf, he claims to have "a mouse with gray buttons", but does not know what kind it is; but, that is able to be macro'd. My questions are as follows:

1. To make a mouse macroable you need to have a program to stick the button to the keys. I know because I used to utilize a program called JoyToKey in IJJI and other games. I also have a macroable mouse, all I need to do is install software. My question is, is it okay to macro using software on your mouse (hardware) and then say it's linked to a third party program? If not, then I believe he should be banned.

2. I could be completely wrong, but since I asked him how he did it, and he didn't respond, I'm assuming he's using another program. I understand a staff member had already cleared this but I'm having trouble understanding, how is this acceptable? If there is an alternative answer, please let me know.

3. Finally, this is not IJJI, meaning you do not have to go by their rules. My last question is, should this individual be allowed to use his mouse to have an unfair advantage over players? Help me understand why this is acceptable.

Know your limits. If you wish to speak above others and to be held in high regard forever among legends, you must pause the game and have an infinite power source. You are only as grand as the memory you leave them with. Practice does not make perfect. Practicing perfection does. Once the mountain has been climbed, there are few steps towards the cliff. Remember to enjoy the view because once you've reached the top, there's nowhere to go but down.

NitroAbob's Avatar The Wolf Man

Thanks
    Why not allow him to use it??? Its not unfair becasue anyone can buy it however if he does use it for macro buttons then no. Frankly it is not against the rules here to use a "good" gaming mouse. Well it is if they use it for a macro. Honestly it is agasint the rules to use a MRB (Mouse Re-binder) but honestly idk why.
    Her eyes,
    They burned like wild fire,
    She had came.
    Came to take her desires,
    By force,
    Or...,
    At least she's a damn good liar.
    Check out my poetry here!
    http://poetryofmaxim.wordpress.com/

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Any Third Party tool that creates advantages are forbidden and Third Party Users will be Banned.
    Includes Hardware Drivers.
    Aslong as you dont use this particular Feature of your Hardware you have nothing to fear.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    Any Third Party tool that creates advantages are forbidden and Third Party Users will be Banned.
    Includes Hardware Drivers.
    Aslong as you dont use this particular Feature of your Hardware you have nothing to fear.
    Yes but a mouse is not considerd 3rd party unless you use a macro with it...
    Her eyes,
    She had came.
    By force,
    Or...,

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by NitroAnon View Post
    Yes but a mouse is not considerd 3rd party unless you use a macro with it...
    Since some ppl are kinda stupid and dont understand whats considered Macroing and what not ...
    (Not you Nitro ;>)
    Setting more then 1 Key to a Key/Button is Macroing.

For Example:
    Not bannable (1 Key):
    Mouse Button X = Reload

Bannable (Certain Ammount of Keys):
    Mouse Button X = Jump Slash Dash Block

Bannable (1 Key Chains):
    Mouse Button X = Fire Fire Fire

It can be ANY Mouse Button OR Key on your Keyboard so it WONT safe you saying its Button/Key X.
    It can be ANY Key Chain/String you will be Banned for it.

Setting Attack to the Mousewheel is no Macro, so dont just jump to conclusions if you see someone attacking fast with a speed dagger.

Devil's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    I agree with NitroAnon but HellSniper does have some reason. I agree with him because a mouse is hardware like he said which contains a program to control the mouse (HellS).
    -I think this is not a disadvantage because if you bought G9 (for example) you probably bought it to have the features like setting up keys for a button.
    -I know that is "macro'ing" and it's not allowed to use it but the thing is: it is a feature of the hardware. It's not a hardware like Ac Tools.
    -For example: video cards are hardware but some companies like nvidia have a feature to control / manage the component.
    -I agree with both of you but i still consider that "macro'ing" with the G9's mouse (software) (example) should be allowed. However we cannot prove whoever is using G9 or Ac Tools.

So, my decision is:
    - Allow G9's "macro'ing";
    - Prohibit downloadable software.

Brutus's Avatar ^GHumble^E

Thanks
    Since some ppl are kinda stupid and dont understand whats considered Macroing and what not ...
    (Not you Nitro ;>)

Setting more then 1 Key to a Key/Button is Macroing.

For Example:
    Not bannable (1 Key):
    Mouse Button X = Reload

Bannable (Certain Ammount of Keys):
    Mouse Button X = Jump Slash Dash Block

Bannable (1 Key Chains):
    Mouse Button X = Fire Fire Fire

It can be ANY Mouse Button OR Key on your Keyboard so it WONT safe you saying its Button/Key X.
    It can be ANY Key Chain/String you will be Banned for it.

Setting Attack to the Mousewheel is no Macro, so dont just jump to conclusions if you see someone attacking fast with a speed dagger.
    I hope you're not attempting to imply that I'm stupid with that comment for trying to make this server a better place.
    On another note, he said he was using mouse buttons. Buttons that could be binded. So let's say I use JoyToKey to make my attack button mouse 4, or whatever, for some reason, is it okay to use that third party program? Just one attack for that button, not multiple per click or press.

Know your limits. If you wish to speak above others and to be held in high regard forever among legends, you must pause the game and have an infinite power source. You are only as grand as the memory you leave them with. Practice does not make perfect. Practicing perfection does. Once the mountain has been climbed, there are few steps towards the cliff. Remember to enjoy the view because once you've reached the top, there's nowhere to go but down.

Country
    Thanks
    Always funny who thinks "does he mean me?"
    "Some People" doesnt say enough for you?
    I said "some people" and not "you, you ***" ;> .
    You cant compare Macroing with Wich Key or Button does what.
    I have Blocking on F and not on Mouse Left and Right, im macroing now huh?...
    (Example Explanation: Because i rebound Block from Left and Right Click to the F key.)

Macro is a automatisation.
    Means you start a chain/string of preset actions with just having to start it with a single key or click.
    For example -> "Mouse Left = Fire,Wait 0,2 sec, 2 (switch weapon), Wait 0,2 sec, Fire."

I dont get why ppl think "AC Tools" is something different then the Driver Software of your Mouse or Keyboard.
    Its THE SAME freakin thing. it just has a other Name.
    It allows you to create automisation scripts.
    Last edited by HellSniper; 01-07-2010 at 07:53 AM.

Devil's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    Always funny who thinks "does he mean me?"
    "Some People" doesnt say enough for you?
    I said "some people" and not "you, you ***" ;> .
    You cant compare Macroing with Wich Key or Button does what.
    I have Blocking on F and not on Mouse Left and Right, im macroing now huh?...
    (Example Explanation: Because i rebound Block from Left and Right Click to the F key.)

Macro is a automatisation.
    Means you start a chain/string of preset actions with just having to start it with a single key or click.
    For example -> "Mouse Left = Fire,Wait 0,2 sec, 2 (switch weapon), Wait 0,2 sec, Fire."

I dont get why ppl think "AC Tools" is something different then the Driver Software of your Mouse or Keyboard.
    Its THE SAME freakin thing. it just has a other Name.
    It allows you to create automisation scripts.
    Thats the point, but you have some reason. Ac Tools it's a true software but a Mouse or a Keyboard are hardware and the program to manage them (software) derives from it.
    I know what macro is. (no need to tell) (some people don't)
    It can be resumed in: Assign multiple buttons (from the keyboard or mouse) to a single key with different delays between them.

(I'm in the middle of Hell and Nitro)
    Last edited by Devil; 01-07-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks
    yea I got ya' becasue i used to use my gaming mouse for rs and had a button on their just to RL untill It got broken a few days ago QQ
    Her eyes,
    She had came.
    By force,
    Or...,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information