Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TonySoprano's Avatar GM

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:
    Is the event team ever going to host events in different time zones?
    For the past week or so my friends and I have been online for HOURS straight and there were no events.
    Every time I get on my pc I see event notifications...
    why did the admins accept people from the same time zones?

I remember even Clarify and CID hosted events in NA time zone just so certain players could play.
    I think if you want the player base to grow (during dead hours) you should get a more active hosts for that time,
    not staff who go to school and only host at the same times because they’re in the same country.
    I don't know if you noticed but the server dies in the evening of Canada/USA time.
    Maybe you guys should get someone who can monitor during these times?
    I am not the only player who sees this.
    Proof of repetitive time zones could be the VIP Events Thread
    Each time Clarify hosted it was at a different time zone.
    Look at all ET, same day? same time?
    Good job on forum events though, rounds are posted at multiple time zones and a new unique idea. I hope to see more forum events because in my opinion, I see more people on forums than in game.

Last edited by TonySoprano; 05-05-2018 at 05:34 AM.

2. The following user said thank you to TonySoprano for this useful post:

Atm (05-05-2018)

Eeksdee's Avatar Best Asian Male Dora

Country
    Thanks
    I remember hosting from morning till night, I still don't see that much people. Is it just you being unlucky?

Thank you and credit ~ GeorgeGFX

4. The following user said thank you to Eeksdee for this useful post:

TonySoprano (05-05-2018)

Atm's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Making events in different time zones are cool & I'd like to vote yes to this suggestion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6. The following user said thank you to Atm for this useful post:

TonySoprano (05-05-2018)

Senyagami's Avatar misery

Country
    Thanks
    hmm imo, this suggestion has a potential, during my playtime (+8 Ph) there are actually no events ongoing. I guess the staffs are sleeping

8. The following 2 users say thank you to Senyagami for this useful post:

Atm (05-06-2018), TonySoprano (05-05-2018)

Country
    Thanks
    I rmb when I was et I sometimes hosted at like 2 or 3 am my time, which was like 7 or 8 pm usa/canada and everytime I did there were like 10-15 players joining the events which kinda took away the fun, for me atleast

10. The following user said thank you to Mattie for this useful post:

TonySoprano (05-05-2018)

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Players aren't essentially picked based on timezones, it's down to how well they manage during their trial period or how good their application is when applying, a poor application results in staff thinking that if they can't be bothered to put the effort into something which takes 15 minutes to do then how can we expect them to bother doing events in game.

12. The following user said thank you to Notorious for this useful post:

Canpai (05-05-2018)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    While you're right that most of the event moderators there are currently are from a similar time zone, the fact that some time-zones get less events is that there are less events in general, some of the event moderators are currently busy with their 2-week finals and what not, so there have been less events going in general.
    Other reasons as to why some time-zones get less events is simply the player activity in that time, as Mattie said. When I was trial I decided to host at 4am because I could and when an official decided to help me there were literally 4 or 5 players playing the events, so it's not really as fun to host. This doesn't mean there will be no events in those time-zones, but you'll find them rarer than normal time zones but still somewhat more frequent in the future.

TonySoprano's Avatar GM

Country
    Thanks
    First of all, hiring everyone from the same place is a mistake. This does not help USA/ NA players that want to be in events.
    Secondly, This is way before the "2-week exam" period soooo yeah you cant really use that on me. Because its been long before that.
    Thirdly, I feel we need to change some event mods to assure this is not a problem for anyone USA/ NA in general.
    Fourthly, This resulted in a decline of players also, even though you may not see it. Many people dont play because these times were on in USA and NA ITS A DEAD ZONE. SO FIX IT

15. The following 2 users say thank you to TonySoprano for this useful post:

Atm (05-06-2018), Canpai (05-10-2018)

Eeksdee's Avatar Best Asian Male Dora

Country
    Thanks
    I've hosted with players a lot from USA, so I don't think the time zone is the problem.

Thank you and credit ~ GeorgeGFX

Banned

Thanks
    Referring to Eeksdee, I don't remember seeing you online NA times or any time at all,
    were you even active enough? If you hosted "morning till night" why didn't I see you?

Referring to Mattie, yeah the events may start out dead, but it takes time for a player base to grow doesn't it?

Lastly, it's not really fair in regards to event points AND weekly competitions if mods only host at a specific time.

18. The following user said thank you to Mystz for this useful post:

Atm (05-10-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information