Verali's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    Why change the spot of it? I think everyone is used to the old spot.
    mifuk

2. The following user said thank you to Verali for this useful post:

Eagle (06-10-2018)

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    speaking of counter, there is a hp/ap bug which shows wrong numbers when you hit your enemy 1 sec before dying

#1Chef's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    It looks fine in my opinion, its easier to see, sure it'll take a bit of getting used to but I don't see a need to revert it.

Originally Posted by Flow View Post
    speaking of counter, there is a hp/ap bug which shows wrong numbers when you hit your enemy 1 sec before dying
    Wrong numbers on which side, yours or theirs? Can you show it please?

Zeus's Avatar Avalanche Gaming

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by #1Chef View Post
    It looks fine in my opinion, its easier to see, sure it'll take a bit of getting used to but I don't see a need to revert it.

Wrong numbers on which side, yours or theirs? Can you show it please?
    He means when you're fighting someone in let's say a duel room, as you hit them and then die but milliseconds before it displays what their hp/ap was without counting the shot you just hit, hence why sometimes when people die in a duel theyll be like "wtf 118hp still" it's actually not 118hp it just that the last shot hasn't registered before your death

Loved by few.
    Hated by many.
    Respected by all.

6. The following user said thank you to Zeus for this useful post:

Flow (06-10-2018)

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    He means when you're fighting someone in let's say a duel room, as you hit them and then die but milliseconds before it displays what their hp/ap was without counting the shot you just hit, hence why sometimes when people die in a duel theyll be like "wtf 118hp still" it's actually not 118hp it just that the last shot hasn't registered before your death
    Yeah this, thanks Zeus
    However this issue had been fixed in past version and occured along with v8

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Yeah this, thanks Zeus
    However this issue had been fixed in past version and occured along with v8
    It was fixed (and still is) by slightly delaying the message (so slight, that you don't notice it).
    As the "you have been owned by xx (HP/AP)" message appears almost instantly (and thats what players really want - the message to appear instantly, not delayed), the game has very little time to calculate the HP/AP after last hit, which means if the ping is too high it won't count the last hit in and display HP/AP before that last hit, simply because it took too long to send that information from player A to player B when the message is printed.

Originally Posted by Verali View Post
    Why change the spot of it? I think everyone is used to the old spot.
    New spot is much cleaner and easier to see. I think everyone will prefer it in the long run.

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    It was fixed (and still is) by slightly delaying the message, but as the "you have been owned by xx (HP/AP)" message appears almost instantly (and thats what players really want - the message to appear instantly, not delayed), the game has very little time to calculate the HP/AP after last hit, which means if the ping is too high it won't count the last hit in and display HP/AP before that last hit, simply as it doesn't have enough time to calculate the last hit in.
    If i recall correctly, in v7 the message was fully reliable than now even agaisnt very high ping players, and ive been playing for long time in fg.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    If i recall correctly, in v7 the message was fully reliable than now even agaisnt very high ping players, and ive been playing for long time in fg.
    Well then you recall incorrectly, the message was never fully reliable.
    I hope my explanation made it clear to you how it happens and why.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    It was fixed (and still is) by slightly delaying the message (so slight, that you don't notice it).
    As the "you have been owned by xx (HP/AP)" message appears almost instantly (and thats what players really want - the message to appear instantly, not delayed), the game has very little time to calculate the HP/AP after last hit, which means if the ping is too high it won't count the last hit in and display HP/AP before that last hit, simply because it took too long to send that information from player A to player B when the message is printed.

New spot is much cleaner and easier to see. I think everyone will prefer it in the long run.
    while players do want the message to appear instantly, why not delay it based on the enemy ping to ensure reliable results? if players prefer inaccurate yet instant messages then they have their priorities wrong because then the message is useless altogether. they could also try to achieve better ping if they want it to be faster.

12. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Flow (06-10-2018)

Thread Information