Thanks
    To whom this may concern,

Background info :
    I used to play fgunz actively when v7 was still a thing. Best memories was snipers before the nerfs/changes. I along with many other people left because of these nerf/changes. The reason for this was that considering the many versatile weapons there are in fgunz, the most popular is and will always be the sgs - shotguns and snipers was a weapon that rivaled the sgs, it gave players another option aka the second most popular weapon. By nerfing snipers it forced people to go back to sgs, some may say that is a good thing but for the server I think it was a step in the wrong direction. I remember a time when one could log on almost any time of the day and there were at least 200-500 people on, yes this is a low number in comparison to other games but considering the past few days any time I have been on its been relatively around 50.

Honestly speaking when I checked out fgunz it was just out of memory, I didn't think that it still existed but when I saw the website was still functioning I downloaded the client and wanted to check it out for old times sake. When I saw the twitch and the reward for the video stuff (i forgot what it was but it was a fgunz trailer or something) it showed that you guys are trying to get an increase in player retention. I can say that I along with many others would definitely come back if the snipers were changed back to the way there were or even given a buff. Making Sgs the most dominant weapon and not giving an alternative is what caused people to leave, forcing pep to use sgs because of the sniper nerf caused a ripple effect. Majority of the "snipers" or sniper players left and this caused many of their friends to leave as well.

Sidenote -

Thank you for continuing with the server/ not shutting things down it, nice trip down memory lane and thank you for reading my post.

-Tiger
    Last edited by iTiger; 07-14-2018 at 06:16 AM.

2. The following user said thank you to iTiger for this useful post:

Feitan (07-22-2018)

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    I was a supporter of the sniper nerf, but to be honest it made fg less fun, many of my mates also sniped. Snipers for such a fast paced third person game should be: Low damage, extremely pin point high accuracy and high secondary ammo clip. GunZ devs have been doing snipers wrong for years, they make it either too op dmg wise or too inaccurate.

How gunz private servers got players back in the day:
    Made the server marketable (some custom features, game modes, or items)
    Listened to player feedback
    Made an inner group of the most competent/active players (this construct can be used for many things, but most importantly, you can get so much good information from them) (Everytime I go on fg I see the same people, if the owners just had a group with all of them in it, they could get MASSIVE value from it, gain MASSIVE knowledge on the current practical situation, not some forum theoretical info)

FGunZ is doing the 101 of how pservers got fame wrong imo
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    I don't really think the nerf with Snipers is what made people leave. There are a bunch of possible factors why people could have left, yes, snipers may be one, but I doubt it is the main reason people choose to or not to play FG. I think for one they should be giving certain developers a chance, as right now there is nobody doing any work for them other than Jetman and the dev who composes all of the music. A little hard to keep players when I guess players are left unaware of what is going on because there are really no dev blogs other than the few regarding a new launcher and maybe possible updates from Jetman?

I know McSic said that there will be so much more coming on this thread, which was 4 weeks ago, so there could be some additions that bring players. I guess maybe wait to see if their next update is worth it?

Thanks
    I understand what you are saying but I would have to disagree with snipers not being an important reason, I remember when the nerf first came into existence I along with many of my friends continued to play, not as frequently but we were still around, and I saw within the first 3 months there were lower number of players every time I logged in and I was like 14-15 and it was during the summer so I was logging on at least multiple times a day. Over time we just stopped logging on because people slowly started to leave as we were not happy with the changes, forcing players to use sgs was not the move, snipers was a weapon that rivaled the sgs, all the new sgs coming out keep getting an increase in dmg so I think the sniper back then would increase player retention.

My thing is that over time the developers keep coming out with new versions and shit v8 v9 etc... Majority of us don't really care about that stuff, ya its nice but to come up with new outline of website and game every version (idk) but I think it must cost some money and I feel like all the developers have to do is bring back snipers bring back [IA] [R] personally I like the v7 chat, (maybe my settings are messed up) but the emojis are very small can't see them and when I hit tab to try to use a players name in chat u can't tell which players name ur going to click, it only shows like the last two letters.

Players would be motivated to stream because they have new game modes many current players are not as old as me so they would be excited with the changes, old players would come back, (I personally keep in touch with a good 10 players who used to play snipers and we all say the same thing - we would come back if things were how they were before the nerf.

I understand back then some people complained about snipers but the thing is THEY WERENT LEAVING, thats the important thing - you can always adjust the snipers but the nerf was too much and forced players to use different weapons and the only other popular weapon is sgs, players were not okay with it and thats what caused them to leave.

6. The following user said thank you to iTiger for this useful post:

Feitan (07-22-2018)

Thread Information