Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    Nerval summed it up perfectly.

Despite all the unwanted changes and backfire, the managers/devs choose not to be receptive and consider suggestions from a community of players who have played this game for a long, long time. Instead, they let players move to another server (evidently) while this one just withers away. Don't see how that could ever be beneficial—at least from a business/profit standpoint even if they don't care about the game itself.

No amount of cosmetic items or spam gamemodes are going to bring back players until the basics are right again. As a simple example: D-stylers have moved to another server for a trivial reason such as the shortened dagger range in v8. They posted about it multiple times on the forum, Jetman even said he'd look into it; but here we are, months later. What do they really gain by not making some XML edits and letting people enjoy their gameplay while increasing the player count a bit? We'll never know.

Players are simply being driven away, which is really sad to see. We're all getting tired of playing with the same set of 20-25 people in every room or CW nowadays. Finding a good room is a struggle. No variety, nothing new; not interesting at all anymore. It's just a matter of time now. Anyhow, this, like most other forum threads in recent months, will probably just get locked and buried without any real responses, as usual...but it'd be nice to be proven wrong for once.
    Last edited by EternalBeast; 07-30-2018 at 01:09 AM.

2. The following 11 users say thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

BanRays (07-30-2018), Canpai (08-01-2018), Ganggbangg (07-30-2018), GRUMPY (07-31-2018), Hart (07-30-2018), Kasuro (07-30-2018), LizaSoberano (07-30-2018), Salem (07-30-2018), skaterreborn (08-06-2018), Tzunami best0 (07-30-2018)

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    Nerval summed it up perfectly.

Despite all the unwanted changes and backfire, the managers/devs choose not to be receptive and consider suggestions from a community of players who have played this game for a long, long time. Instead, they let players move to another server (evidently) while this one just withers away. Don't see how that could ever be beneficial—at least from a business/profit standpoint even if they don't care about the game itself.

No amount of cosmetic items or spam gamemodes are going to bring back players until the basics are right again. As a simple example: D-stylers have moved to another server for a trivial reason such as the shortened dagger range in v8. They posted about it multiple times on the forum, Jetman even said he'd look into it; but here we are, months later. What do they really gain by not making some XML edits and letting people enjoy their gameplay while increasing the player count a bit? We'll never know.

Players are simply being driven away, which is really sad. We're all getting tired of playing with the same set of 20-25 people in every room or CW nowadays. No variety, nothing new; not interesting at all anymore. It's just a matter of time now. Anyhow, this, like most other forum threads in recent months, will probably just get locked and buried without any real responses...as usual.
    It's also demotivating how some staff's attitude has been, a lotta times it's: like our server or fk off.
    You can't treat your community like that if we are the one keeping this server alive.

I've been saying this for a while now, managers need to pass the torch to someone that is motivated into making this server a good place to be.

4. The following 5 users say thank you to Ganggbangg for this useful post:

Bunny (07-30-2018), Camel (07-30-2018), Castiel (07-30-2018), Kasuro (07-30-2018), President (07-30-2018)

Banned

Thanks
    Ya'll be like: "We didn't want this, we didn't want that". Yet all of you were demanding an update or you leave the server. What the **** do you expect them to do? And I bet everytime either one of the owners comes online they see "this game is dead" "this server is retarted", what the **** do you expect them to think if you were in their place, you'd be working hard to get it up 'n running, right? No.. so don't be such a ****ing hypocrite and move the **** on, jesus.

^ I'm fully aware of the fact that these aren't the most kind words either, but it's nuff said the truth.
    Last edited by Nogamenolife; 07-30-2018 at 01:29 AM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Yeet View Post
    Ya'll be like: "We didn't want this, we didn't want that". Yet all of you were demanding an update or you leave the server
    If you ask anyone that still plays FGunz and hopes it'll get better, they are likely to tell you that they were perfectly happy with v7. FGunz already had great features; the removal of [R] and a better/updated anticheat is all that we ever needed, really.

And I bet everytime either one of the owners comes online they see "this game is dead" "this server is retarted", what the **** do you expect them to think if you were in their place
    This community, like any other online gaming community, has trolls and trash talkers who don't convey their message the right away. Some people "cry" about things, but many of us did post genuine suggestions and the reasons behind them, but we've been constantly ignored for the most part. I'm not saying we're always right and all suggestions should be accepted -- but there's zero discussion. If players are still complaining nearly one year following the update, isn't it a clear indication that something is wrong and needs to be remedied?

No.. so don't be such a ****ing hypocrite and move the **** on, jesus.
    Nobody is being hypocritical here. We'd definitely move on if they at least write up a small post talking about their plans for this server in the future. If they say they're done, we'll stop expecting anything and simply accept it. Focusing on trivial stuff while the server is dying due to other underlying issues is what most of us have a problem with. Again, read Nerval's post and it should make sense to you.
    Last edited by EternalBeast; 07-30-2018 at 01:42 AM.

7. The following 5 users say thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

BanRays (07-30-2018), Camel (07-30-2018), Dante (07-30-2018), GRUMPY (07-31-2018), Kasuro (07-30-2018)

Banned

Thanks
    If you ask anyone that still plays FGunz and hopes it'll get better, they are likely to tell you that they were perfectly happy with v7. FGunz already had great features; the removal of [R] and a better/updated anticheat is all that we ever needed, really.

This community, like any other online gaming community, has trolls and trash talkers who don't convey their message the right away. Some people "cry" about things, but many of us did post genuine suggestions and the reasons behind them, but we've been constantly ignored for the most part. I'm not saying we're always right and all suggestions should be accepted -- but there's zero discussion. If players are still complaining nearly one year following the update, isn't it a clear indication that something is wrong and needs to be remedied?

Nobody is being hypocritical here. We'd definitely move on if they at least write up a small post talking about their plans for this server in the future. If they say they're done, we'll stop expecting anything and simply accept it. Focusing on trivial stuff while the server is dying due to other underlying issues is what most of us have a problem with. Again, read Nerval's post and it should make sense to you.
    Once more, how would you feel when everytime you log on you see "this game is dead", "the staff doesn't do shit" after all that hard work. I truly get why they aren't answering nor listening to the community anymore, this community is straight garbage.

Thanks
    Once more, how would you feel when everytime you log on you see "this game is dead", "the staff doesn't do shit" after all that hard work. I truly get why they aren't answering nor listening to the community anymore, this community is straight garbage.
    People who put in effort would certainly feel bad about it, yeah; but the point here is, nobody really asked for these type of features in Gunz. Referencing your earlier post, nobody "demanded" these things and decided to quit if they weren't going to be added.

It is pretty obvious that they worked very hard and spent a lot of time coding complex stuff like the Gem system and whatnot, but they never asked the community if such drastic and game-changing features were what we really wanted. No detailed discussions, no extensive beta tests in the months leading up to the release, nothing. A new hitbox, screen shake effects, overpowered gems & another limitbreaker (although, I'll admit they were smart moves from a financial standpoint) etc., were abruptly added and it was like saying "this is what it's going to be from now on—deal with it". See why that would piss people off?

Gunz doesn't have the kind of large playerbase like CS, Fortnite, or whatever where experimenting at the expense of losing some players wouldn't make a difference. I mean, come on...this 'experiment' has lasted almost a year & when there's a consistent downward trend in the player count (which is almost hitting rock bottom), would rolling back to some old, tried & tested features really be that bad? Don't we all deserve to know why they're holding back and continue to persist with something that clearly isn't working? This is why we need to hear their views, even if they decide not to make any changes.
    Last edited by EternalBeast; 07-30-2018 at 03:51 PM.

10. The following 2 users say thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

LizaSoberano (07-30-2018), skaterreborn (08-06-2018)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    People who put in effort would certainly feel bad about it, yeah; but the point here is, nobody really asked for these type of features in Gunz. Referencing your earlier post, nobody "demanded" these things and decided to quit if they weren't going to be added.

It is pretty obvious that they worked very hard and spent a lot of time coding complex stuff like the Gem system and whatnot, but they never asked the community if such drastic and game-changing features were what we really wanted. No detailed discussions, no extensive beta tests in the months leading up to the release, nothing. A new hitbox, screen shake effects, overpowered gems & another limitbreaker (although, I'll admit they were smart moves from a financial standpoint) etc., were abruptly added and it was like saying "this is what it's going to be from now on—deal with it". See why that would piss people off?

Gunz doesn't have the kind of large playerbase like CS, Fortnite, or whatever where experimenting at the expense of losing some players wouldn't make a difference. I mean, come on...this 'experiment' has lasted almost a year & when there's a consistent downward trend in the player count (which is almost hitting rock bottom), would rolling back to some old, tried & tested features really be that bad? Don't we all deserve to know why they're holding back and continue to persist with something that clearly isn't working? This is why we need to hear their views, even if they decide not to make any changes.
    To be fair the original idea of the Gem system was fine and simpler, the thing is that we devs do not have the control of the final outcome when it comes to stats given (originally the stats would be lower and simpler).

As for the hitbox, I think a more detailed hitbox made more sense (not talking about the drop off damage based on distance).
    The new hitbox had a character shape instead of a rectangle; so the game would be slightly harder if that makes sense.

For screenshaking effects I think it was already in the game but not enabled, such effects make sense when it comes to grenade or stuff (haven't played in ages so I cannot remember where they used this for).

But I agree on that they could've pushed/fixed simpler issues in the game more often as the did (or never did).
    I still look at it from a developing perspective as a player perspective, but if it was for me I would've done a few things differently (patching and polling wise).

But apparently they still did something good if the avarage player base is near a 100..?

Thread Information