Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ganggbangg View Post
    You do realise that banning any advertiser is different than banning 3 people that contributed a lot to this server but mentioned another server. One of the guys you banned actually attracted daequen to this server. Without him dq wouldn't even have logged on
    He attracted daequan to play this server and told him to play that other server?

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by #1Chef View Post
    You really think we give a crap who we're banning to say it's "biased" ? The proof was valid, it wasn't a form of proof that we mentioned in the rules thread that as I said needs updating for that specific matter, but it was valid. This is not a matter that is debatable.
    I said that to Connor that it needs to be updated.

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Problem is that report section creates a "loop hole" in the ruling one which I exploited in their defence, which in a court room would work in my favour if this was fighting a legal battle.

Regardless yes it needs updating and also the general ruling with advertisers needs changing imo, if someone is spamming publicly the following for example

"COME JOIN X WE HAVE X PLAYERS JOIN FREE TODAY" then yes for this justifies a high ban.

Now if someone says what the users were banned for which was along the lines of (I can't see the report so I'm going off what I've been told)

"You should play X server here is dead"
    "X server has more cw's, should play sometime"

For me that's not the same as the first example given. Especially when the context given was abbreviation of the server name and to someone like Daequan I highly doubt he understood what they meant by saying those 3 letters, but he's already aware of other servers as seen in the thread I posted with a youbt video found here...

Anyways for a me a mute would of been more sufficient, I've seen plenty of players in my time discuss throughout FG about X server, I just advised them to stop talking about other servers.

But it's whatever I'm not a GM, my opinion no longer matters and therefore it's down to y'all to do whatever you think is right.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Eran View Post
    He attracted daequan to play this server and told him to play that other server?
    He attracted Dae to play GunZ not FGunZ in general but since this is the server he plays, they got on to play with him.. He plays random games after Fortnite and one of the users got him to play GunZ on stream which happened to be FGunZ because again this is the server he chooses to play over others.

4. The following user said thank you to Notorious for this useful post:

Camel (08-14-2018)

#1Chef's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Problem is that report section creates a "loop hole" in the ruling one which I exploited in their defence, which in a court room would work in my favour if this was fighting a legal battle.

Regardless yes it needs updating and also the general ruling with advertisers needs changing imo, if someone is spamming publicly the following for example

"COME JOIN X WE HAVE X PLAYERS JOIN FREE TODAY" then yes for this justifies a high ban.

Now if someone says what the users were banned for which was along the lines of (I can't see the report so I'm going off what I've been told)

"You should play X server here is dead"
    "X server has more cw's, should play sometime"

For me that's not the same as the first example given. Especially when the context given was abbreviation of the server name and to someone like Daequan I highly doubt he understood what they meant by saying those 3 letters, but he's already aware of other servers as seen in the thread I posted with a youbt video found here...

Anyways for a me a mute would of been more sufficient, I've seen plenty of players in my time discuss throughout FG about X server, I just advised them to stop talking about other servers.

But it's whatever I'm not a GM, my opinion no longer matters and therefore it's down to y'all to do whatever you think is right.

- - - Updated - - -

He attracted Dae to play GunZ not FGunZ in general but since this is the server he plays, they got on to play with him.. He plays random games after Fortnite and one of the users got him to play GunZ on stream which happened to be FGunZ because again this is the server he chooses to play over others.
    It's a rule that we've been enforcing for a very very long time Connor, no one here has ever made such a big fuss about it as the people here are right now. And why is that? Because it has affected their friends. The discussion regarding the changing of the rule is a completely different story, if it were to be adjusted countless bans would have to be revised, it's just not the main topic at hand right now. We have this very strict policy regarding advertising for a reason.

Bottom line is, the users used a loophole that shouldn't exist when they knew what they were doing was completely intentional trying to push someone to play on the other server. That is not negotiable. Therefore the ban remains.

We honestly don't ask much of this community to avoid permanent bans apart from, don't advertise and don't hack, that's all. Is that too much to ask?
    Last edited by #1Chef; 08-14-2018 at 01:32 AM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    While I agree the banned users are actually retarded for doing such things which they know is an OFFENSE no one can tell me they don't know because this has been the law of all private servers since day 1 wither not fgunz are at an all time low you just don't advertise other servers on an specific server, and I find it hilarious how people are defending the said specific users.. But I'm also conflicted into agreeing with people defending them because is fgunz really at a position to ban people as the server hits a decline more and more everyday considering none of the actual administrators have yet PROPOSED us with what they're planning to do or at least give hope into saying what they're doing but nothing is being said nothing is being done another day goes by while we the community hope for something if anything.

Yasuo's Avatar O d y s s e y

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by #1Chef View Post
    1,2,3: thanks for the info sherlock
    4: ? The people in question were banned for advertising what the hell are you even on about. You're going on about people who you see as legit that were caught hacking am I correct? That's a completely different topic though.
    5: During V7 we had 3 of the current GMs in their role, why didn't we see the player count drop to 50 and everyone leave back then if that's the case then huh?

Please don't waste your time with meaningless posts about something that is not debatable whatsoever if you bother to read previous responses.

I agree that the admins should be looking at this thread and responding in detail to what they think. But that's not something any of us staff can do anything about, McSic and Dave are the owners, they make the decisions here. (Not pointing fingers or blame just highlighting a fact)
    You know what made ijji so good? The only thing that could get you banned was hacking, there wasn‘t even a report system. You guys banned hundreds of people for what they were saying. For example you ban everyone from usa that said „**** trump, join clinton.“ Did that happen? Players also get banned for insulting/egoing, like no1 can defend himself, if you feel offended by what a random in the internet says to you, then it‘s your own ****ing fault. Why do we even have the ignore feature? The player count already dropped in V7, guess why? Back in 2016 we had 300 players online since then i saw other servers growing while we are dropping. Even Ex-Staff members are questioning the current Staff, still you don‘t get it. You‘re a part of the problem, not the solution.
    Oxymoron | JOEYBADASS | Wiz

8. The following 3 users say thank you to Yasuo for this useful post:

Ganggbangg (08-14-2018), Halcyon (08-14-2018), Tzunami best0 (08-14-2018)

#1Chef's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Yasuo View Post
    You know what made ijji so good? The only thing that could get you banned was hacking, there wasn‘t even a report system. You guys banned hundreds of people for what they were saying. For example you ban everyone from usa that said „**** trump, join clinton.“ Did that happen? Players also get banned for insulting/egoing, like no1 can defend himself, if you feel offended by what a random in the internet says to you, then it‘s your own ****ing fault. Why do we even have the ignore feature? The player count already dropped in V7, guess why? Back in 2016 we had 300 players online since then i saw other servers growing while we are dropping. Even Ex-Staff members are questioning the current Staff, still you don‘t get it. You‘re a part of the problem, not the solution.
    Yes the only reason ijjji was successful was because they only banned hackers, totally, 100%, definitely got nothing to do with the fact that the game was run by a company full of developers and people working on it as a full time job unlike now where that is not possible, not even going to go into all the other reasons for Ijji's success that's just going way off topic.

For example you ban everyone from usa that said „**** trump, join clinton.“ Did that happen?
    ? The hell are you on about mate?

Players also get banned for insulting/egoing, like no1 can defend himself, if you feel offended by what a random in the internet says to you, then it‘s your own ****ing fault. Why do we even have the ignore feature?
    Since you love giving examples here's one, so if someone went into a shop and was like "F*** YOU C**T D!CK" to the store clerk etc, do you think the store owner would let him just continue shopping or would he get him removed from the shop for harassing staff? Smh come on. The ignore function is used for players to ignore other players who they dislike, it's not for staff members to use to ignore people, we are not allowed to use that function.

The player count already dropped in V7, guess why? Back in 2016 we had 300 players online since then i saw other servers growing while we are dropping. Even Ex-Staff members are questioning the current Staff, still you don‘t get it. You‘re a part of the problem, not the solution.
    Now you're talking about issues with banning people due to insulting / flaming huh? Bottom line is we have very simple rules, we don't just ban people for insulting, there's verbal warnings, there's warnings, there's temporary bans, there's even appeals to remove warnings, we even allowed warnings to be removed if appealed for after 3 months instead of 12, what more do you want? Just act like normal human beings it's really not that difficult.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Yasuo View Post
    In all honesty GMs on pservers are closer as a person as GMs on ijji (they only really turned on game events aka a patch and deal with hackers that are reported > that are not caught by the system).
    So there is a huge difference between those GMs on what they do (besides the payment), pservers are more on a personal level in that regard.

But I do wonder what is going on at the current staff, kind of want to see the proof of that they are pushing admins to update or that they are just going with the flow (probably the latter, which is also fine but shows the lack of care).

Country
    Thanks
    Im not a computer expert but I think there's something wrong with the launcher? Sometimes my AV is blocking it thinking Fgunz is a virus. I think thats the "main" reason why the player count is declining I mean, after V8, I couldnt play for like 2 months cuz my AV thinks FG a virus. I tried everything. I exclude FG to my AV, exclude it to my windows defender and I even uninstall my AV but still couldnt play but I keep on trying. Logging in every day until 1 day all of a sudden its fine and I can finally play. I just didnt know what happen lol but I didnt care since I can play and its fine now. I really think thats the main reason for the decline of players here. Maybe other players just give up thinking FG dont want them to play anymore lol or they might think they got banned for no reason especially the casual players who just want to play and dont really care about whats going on and then they just play on another server. Before V8, I still remember the population were like 150-200 iirc but just a week after the update of V8 the server lost like 60-70% of the population. I think that has something to do with the AV blocking the game and thats just alarming and I really dont think people will just leave cuz of the sudden changes im sure people will still play and try to deal with the new V8 no matter what just like me I really dont like V8 but still playing but yeah I also think some of the players left cuz of the new update and the changes. I hope they bring back IA and R tho just for us noobs and add cosmetics cuz its fun dressing your char or whatever hahaha. This is only my opinion please dont hate me. Anyways:

AV blocking FG
    Bring back IA and R
    Add cosmetics (I know lots of people dont care about this especially the competitive and tryhard players but I think this is still cool)

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Originally Posted by notorious View Post
    taking on board everything i've read from players from past and present here's what i've come up with.

Hitboxes - revert them back, this isn't a modern day game, therefore gunz relies on it's player base solely from players who's played gunz in the past therefore they've grew a custom to the square/cylinder type hitboxes. Don't change what wasn't broken to begin with within the gunz community.

[ia] [r] - bring them back, it would appear that the skill levels of some users who left/quit didn't hold the ability to pick their shots or even self reload meaning they relied highly on those two tags in particular in order to enjoy playing. For "skilled" players yes it was annoying because it encouraged spam, but these tags for them just made it easier for them so eh win, win i suppose, plus they were only applicable to public rooms.

Daggers - dagger ranges need re-evaluating, from what i've read the current dagger ranges make d-styling near pointless. Refer to this thread.

Shotguns - remove the categories and make a re-balance, i believe the following to be good;

low level: 7 dmg, 1050 delay / 5 clip.
    Mid level stats: 8 dmg, 1050 delay / 5 clip.
    High level stats: 9 dmg, 1050 delay / 5 clip

donation stats: 9 dmg, 900 delay / 5 clip
    limit breaker: 10 dmg, 950 delay / 5 clip
    limit breaker x: 9 dmg, 950 delay / 6 clip

server need's to be less of a p2w, by making high level in-store shotguns the same damage as donation shotguns it'll encourage players to level to the 85+ mark in order to be on somewhat of a level playing field as a donation player if they were using standard donation shotguns, of course the delay will be slightly less because as a donation item they need to hold some advantage over regular shotguns.

Limitbreakers will always remain the best shotgun due to the rarity and amounts spent for these shotguns, however the stats of these shotguns don't put you at a massive advantage over high level shotguns / donation shotguns. Plus it's too late to remove them completely from the game because the refunds will be too much, so at this point the only thing that can be done it balancing them to not be too overpowered.
    bump

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread Information