Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    They should poll each issue and let the people vote so you get to see what the community wants as a majority and work from there.
    I'm going to assume some of the player base MAY NOT use the forums to check the updates being polled, what if something (if possible) could be implemented into the launcher so that you unable to click "Start Game" until you've voted on the latest poll...

It saddens me to see FGunZ taking a hit on the playerbase, it's one of the smoothest servers to date imo and deserves more recognition, I mean let's think we are the ONLY server that offers a cash reward for clanwarring (Granted the past couple weeks it's been missed but will be rectified I could imagine), the staff yes are sometimes a bit abrupt with their comments towards others in general topics/reports/appeals, something I think some authority from a higher superior (StephanM for manager) could stamp down on. Development has lacked and been pushed aside however lately, understandably Dave / McSic have been busy but I'm unsure on what's the situation with Jeff? He's posted that he's back and ready to take on board suggestions but nothing more has come from that? Maybe the playerbase has pushed his dedication towards the server away, but I feel it should motivate him to bring something better to the server to help with that playerbase.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    We've all been talking about what we feel is wrong with v8 and have offered various ideas which may qualify as potential solutions, or at least point the leaders' perspectives in a different direction. Not only in this topic, but in several similar topics over the last year; and I'm sure Dave & McSic have read it all.

This cycle of requesting, complaining, and speculation has been repeating over and over again. Judging from recent trends, it seems likely that this discussion thread will simply be forgotten about in another week, and will be auto-locked soon after. As the few remaining current players, we've constantly voiced our opinions but all we've got in return are sudden updates that diminish competitive gameplay even further. If there is one more controversial update, I honestly think it'd be the final nail in the coffin, and competitive gameplay on this server will cease to exist.

My only request to the administrators is to start interacting with the community. Start replying to suggestions with at least a "yes" or a "no" with a short description as to why. Gather some ideas up front and show players that you care rather than being bashed for your hard work when there's a sudden update, due to unwanted/undesirable changes (which is root of our current issues).

@McSic: You mentioned earlier in this topic that you were working on the next update. Instead of putting in substantial effort—which may only backfire on you—why not initiate a discussion with the community prior to starting work and ask them what they'd like to see? Yes, it's hard to please every one, but you'd at least get a fair idea about what people are really looking for (most of that info is already in this topic). If not, it might end up being another update that people don't appreciate and would force them to quit the server. It'd be highly demotivating for you, as well. This is just some food for thought; taking a different approach may prove to be beneficial for both the players & staff.
    This wouldn't be an issue if they just listened to the community in the first place instead of going by their own instincts on a game they don't even play so what could they possibly know what is the best for the game.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Make the game TDM/Clan war based and I guarantee you this server will be as lively as it was in the past.

4. The following user said thank you to Taint for this useful post:

Kasuro (08-02-2018)

Kasuro's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Make the game TDM/Clan war based and I guarantee you this server will be as lively as it was in the past.
    Yeah indeed. I always felt like this server was more based towards casual players then competitive players though.

#1Chef's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    I don't think it's fair to make a comment like that without more information. Make it more TDM/CW based....okayyyy so what are they meant to do exactly?

Also I don't think that's the solution. Nowadays to have an active GunZ server, in 2018, it will be heavily reliant on South American players, most of which switched servers after V8. They were used to the tags, they had active CTF and Infected rooms, they brought activity to the server. We completely ruined those modes by removing tags, so they left. The other server tenders to that player base excessively because the owners know that they're the ones keeping the server active. Not saying they're a good server by any means, having a RAT in their anti-virus sums it all up but they knew how to build a player base in this day and age and they did it very well.

Out of the 250 players we had towards the end of V7 how many were heavy clanwaring? 60? 70 tops? We used to have 2 training rooms, 32 players full, 2/3 16 player A/D rooms full, 32 player CTF room, 24 player Infected rooms, and a few quest rooms.

7. The following user said thank you to #1Chef for this useful post:

EternalBeast (08-02-2018)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by #1Chef View Post
    I don't think it's fair to make a comment like that without more information. Make it more TDM/CW based....okayyyy so what are they meant to do exactly?

Also I don't think that's the solution. Nowadays to have an active GunZ server, in 2018, it will be heavily reliant on South American players, most of which switched servers after V8. They were used to the tags, they had active CTF and Infected rooms, they brought activity to the server. We completely ruined those modes by removing tags, so they left. The other server tenders to that player base excessively because the owners know that they're the ones keeping the server active. Not saying they're a good server by any means, having a RAT in their anti-virus sums it all up but they knew how to build a player base in this day and age and they did it very well.

Out of the 250 players we had towards the end of V7 how many were heavy clanwaring? 60? 70 tops? We used to have 2 training rooms, 32 players full, 2/3 16 player A/D rooms full, 32 player CTF room, 24 player Infected rooms, and a few quest rooms.
    Meaning you rebalance the excuse of weapons that we have and fix the hitboxes that ruined the game. Not to mention we don't need weird new game modes when barely anyone will be playing them.

Honestly at this point reverting to V7 minus the anti lead since I feel like the anti lead right now is fine is what we can do.

9. The following user said thank you to Taint for this useful post:

Camel (08-02-2018)

Country
    Thanks
    Meaning you rebalance the excuse of weapons that we have and fix the hitboxes that ruined the game. Not to mention we don't need weird new game modes when barely anyone will be playing them.

Honestly at this point reverting to V7 minus the anti lead since I feel like the anti lead right now is fine is what we can do.
    From my earlier post.

Many points here are valid but, what I don't get is how so many people say "just revert v7 things" it's so unreasonable. Imagine you've been working on a project for years, and you're finally satisfied with it, when it's released it doesn't get the positive response you expect. What are you most likely to do after all that hard work, try to improve it or trash all of it and go back?

What I'm trying to say is just be a bit more mindful of people's efforts, not only current but ex developers that put in a lot of time for v8, ok it didn't turn out as expected, too many changes, you're asking for improvements, that's fine. But don't go asking them to trash all their work over the years that's just disrespectful.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    From my earlier post.
    Let's just say I did point out that s1lent was the one that actually wrecked the server with what he did (I did say in the staff chat it wasn't gonna increase the player count but rather kill it), I get that you're grateful towards his contribution but I did say it was not gonna be a successful "project" from his side, whatever was made in V8 is not good enough, you can erase a mistake easily and revert back to the good old days where V7 was at, V8 only has a good anti lead, other than that the hitbox is garbage and weapons aren't balanced.

12. The following 3 users say thank you to Taint for this useful post:

Camel (08-02-2018), Flow (08-03-2018), Nerval (08-03-2018)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    I'm going to assume some of the player base MAY NOT use the forums to check the updates being polled, what if something (if possible) could be implemented into the launcher so that you unable to click "Start Game" until you've voted on the latest poll...

It saddens me to see FGunZ taking a hit on the playerbase, it's one of the smoothest servers to date imo and deserves more recognition, I mean let's think we are the ONLY server that offers a cash reward for clanwarring (Granted the past couple weeks it's been missed but will be rectified I could imagine), the staff yes are sometimes a bit abrupt with their comments towards others in general topics/reports/appeals, something I think some authority from a higher superior (StephanM for manager) could stamp down on. Development has lacked and been pushed aside however lately, understandably Dave / McSic have been busy but I'm unsure on what's the situation with Jeff? He's posted that he's back and ready to take on board suggestions but nothing more has come from that? Maybe the playerbase has pushed his dedication towards the server away, but I feel it should motivate him to bring something better to the server to help with that playerbase.
    Now you see what I tried before.

But yeah, vote per IP in order to play would be cool, or maybe some daily announcements by staff as a shout out ingame could work as well (wouldn't require launcher changes).

I do think that balancing the game around Clan wars makes the most sense, if that part is stable, the other parts like DM, TDM and so on are stable too.
    After that you can look into other modes if needed.

I'd probably would still implement a basic clan wars reward system where you earn points for each clan war you played, with those points you could use them on cosmetical tier gear (without bonusses, just purely for show off).
    Still comes all the way back where I was thinking about such a thing for cw with Wucas, pure show off to the rest of the game (see it as like ranks in other shooters or moba's, the higher the more "people look up to you").

Country
    Thanks
    Let's just say I did point out that s1lent was the one that actually wrecked the server with what he did (I did say in the staff chat it wasn't gonna increase the player count but rather kill it), I get that you're grateful towards his contribution but I did say it was not gonna be a successful "project" from his side, whatever was made in V8 is not good enough, you can erase a mistake easily and revert back to the good old days where V7 was at, V8 only has a good anti lead, other than that the hitbox is garbage and weapons aren't balanced.
    Again I can't agree with this, placing all the blame on s1lent is just ridiculous 7bb. McSic is very specific about what he wants, anything that went into the update went through him and Dave, so they must have agreed to his changes, so you can't just come and put it all on one person. I'm not pointing fingers here at the admins, I'm just telling you that blaming one person is just not reasonable lol.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information