Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    To be fair the original idea of the Gem system was fine and simpler, the thing is that we devs do not have the control of the final outcome when it comes to stats given (originally the stats would be lower and simpler).

For screenshaking effects I think it was already in the game but not enabled, such effects make sense when it comes to grenade or stuff (haven't played in ages so I cannot remember where they used this for).

But apparently they still did something good if the avarage player base is near a 100..?
    I agree that the features themselves aren't inherently bad; the main issue is the lack of reasoning, discussions, and quick follow ups ever since.

As for the hitbox, I think a more detailed hitbox made more sense (not talking about the drop off damage based on distance).
    The new hitbox had a character shape instead of a rectangle; so the game would be slightly harder if that makes sense.
    The idea behind that sounds right, but it'd work only if MAIET adopted it from the very beginning. This was like playing with fire. If you tell players they've got to change their gameplay and accurately aim for the chest (in a fast paced game like this) instead of anywhere on the body like they have for 10+ years, it's going to cause trouble. If you're going to tell them that 2 shots to the feet following a massive won't get them a kill (even with 2 limitbreakers), it's going to be a problem. Maybe not much to the casual player, but the highly competitive ones (who have left FGunz). But they still don't even revert to the old hitbox despite players not liking it.

But apparently they still did something good if the avarage player base is near a 100..?
    Honestly? Numbers really, really don't matter anymore. 70-100 players mean nothing if most of them are going to stay in a 30 player Town training room, 10-15 people play flips in a Stairway game, 5-15 others spam large swords in Turbo Sewer, and others idle in lobby. During NA evenings/night, there are barely 25-30 online overall. It is hard to find a good room to play in. Events sometimes barely touch 10-15 players and are even canceled due to lack of players (with so called 70-80 'online' players). Choosing between 3-4 populated TDM rooms isn't even an option anymore. Arranging a clan war involves the exchange of 30-50 messages between players; it's a struggle to even form teams and get a 3v3 or 4v4 match going, even though there are good bi-weekly rewards. I find more of my friends moving to another server (people I know myself, not from nonsense forum goodbyes) and it doesn't seem like there will be anything apart from quest and training in the coming months.

EDIT: This is what 70 players looks like right now, with no events going on. Can't really play.

Either i) revert to old methods that work & make things better; ii) try something new (not ideal, considering what's happened); iii) let the decline continue until there's nothing left, because this clearly isn't working.
    Last edited by EternalBeast; 07-30-2018 at 05:56 PM.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

GRUMPY (07-31-2018), Kasuro (07-30-2018), skaterreborn (08-06-2018)

Thread Information