Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thanks
    Originally Posted by #1Chef View Post
    Many points here are valid but, what I don't get is how so many people say "just revert v7 things" it's so unreasonable. Imagine you've been working on a project for years, and you're finally satisfied with it, when it's released it doesn't get the positive response you expect. What are you most likely to do after all that hard work, try to improve it or trash all of it and go back?

What I'm trying to say is just be a bit more mindful of people's efforts, not only current but ex developers that put in a lot of time for v8, ok it didn't turn out as expected, too many changes, you're asking for improvements, that's fine. But don't go asking them to trash all their work over the years that's just disrespectful.
    While that makes perfect sense, it doesn't matter much at this point because gems and weapon upgrades were the most significant changes in v8, and they are already gone. If the devs/administrators have already gotten rid of two main features (gems & weapon upgrades) they put so much effort into, I don't see why they decide not to do something about the hitbox. The point here is, they already chose to forego a large chunk of their hardwork, so there is really no shame in going with old hitboxes, either. It will make players nothing but happy. Obviously, there is no need to revert fully by going with the orange v7 interface or [R] again.

At this point, reverting would pretty much mean bringing back old hitboxes and re-balancing weapons—two crucial aspects that will determine the future of competitive gameplay on this server, as players have quit over them.

Even if they did stick to the new hitbox all this while out of respect for the ex-developers who worked on it, I can only say that the experiment has lasted nearly a year and the outcome has been disastrous. It's time for a change.
    Last edited by EternalBeast; 08-02-2018 at 11:48 PM.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

Camel (08-03-2018), Nerval (08-03-2018), skaterreborn (08-06-2018)

Castiel's Avatar Ex-Event Team - Lurking

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    While that makes perfect sense, it doesn't matter much at this point because gems and weapon upgrades were the most significant changes in v8, and they are already gone. If the devs/administrators have already gotten rid of two main features (gems & weapon upgrades) they put so much effort into, I don't see why they decide not to do something about the hitbox. The point here is, they already chose to forego a large chunk of their hardwork, so there is really no shame in going with old hitboxes, either. It will make players nothing but happy. Obviously, there is no need to revert fully by going with the orange v7 interface or [R] again.

At this point, reverting would pretty much mean bringing back old hitboxes and re-balancing weapons—two crucial aspects that will determine the future of competitive gameplay on this server, as players have quit over them; and some minor stuff like re-adding perfectly good v7 maps along with some new ones.
    I'll point one more thing that also doesn't help to increase player base, Event hosting, how many event set we see everyday, 1, 2 sometimes, I play during day, night and even 24 hours in a row, during nights no one hosts events and being hours and hours only playing the same modes is boring and ends up making players move away, in all the years I was in this community this year is the first one I see this lack of event hosting, all for one reason, all the ETs are from same or close places and so they only host during their "awake" hours, I used to see here even 4 am or 7 am(my country and region) events and even having a count of 5 event sets, now all I see is 1(2 if a miracle happens)event set... Not saying the ETs we have are bad, but we need some from other regions to increase event set to have some at every moment, this is something that also doesn't help the player base to get increased, not only v8 features, staff team work has changed so much, activeness ingame for example, during my Trial GM period I was only almost all time for whatever was needed, aswell as Chef, justRelax, Zeus, Taint, Legancy and OmmaDawn, now it's rare to see a GM online in the game, more than just the features of V8 that are seriously needed to fix/revert this I just mentioned also has to change(Though I already see coming from all GMs and ETs the not needed explanations regarding what I said).
    Last edited by Castiel; 08-04-2018 at 07:51 AM.

4. The following user said thank you to Castiel for this useful post:

Ganggbangg (08-03-2018)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Avril View Post
    I'll point one more thing that also doesn't help to increase player base, ETs, how many event set we see everyday, 1, 2 sometimes, I play during day, night and even 24 hours in a row, during nights no one hosts events and being hours and hours only playing the same modes is boring and ends up making players move away, in all the years I was in this community this year is the first one I see this lack of event hosting, all for one reason, all the ETs are from same or close places and so they only host during their "awake" hours, I used to see here even 4 am or 7 am(my country and region) events and even having a count of 5 event sets, now all I see is 1(2 if a miracle happens)event set... Not saying the ETs we have are bad, but we need some from other regions to increase event set to have some at every moment, this is something that also doesn't help the player base to get increased, not only v8 features, staff team work has changed so much, activeness ingame for example, during my Trial GM period I was only almost all time for whatever was needed, aswell as Chef, justRelax, Zeus, Taint, Legancy and OmmaDawn, now it's rare to see a GM online in the game, more than just the features of V8 that are seriously needed to fix/revert this I just mentioned also has to change(Though I already see coming from all GMs and ETs the not needed explanations regarding what I said).
    Well, I guess event related matters should be looked into at a later time. For now, it's important to bring back competitive players that have quit due to the reasons mentioned above. There are plenty of training room/event players on FGunZ even now, so it shouldn't really be a problem. Also, I imagine there's not much they can do if they don't find worthy applicants from other timezones. I don't see why ETs or GMs would be motivated to come in-game as often as they used to; there are usually 30-40 players online with no good TDMs or clan wars, and ETs even have to often cancel events as people don't turn up for them.

6. The following user said thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

Camel (08-03-2018)

Banned

Thanks
    @Avril, what would you do if 2-3 people joined your event? Is that even worth it? The playerbase is around 60-70 at peektime, events are like 10+ than, that's worth it.

@#1Chef, you seem the only one here with reasonable understandings of the situation.
    Last edited by Linzor; 08-03-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Castiel's Avatar Ex-Event Team - Lurking

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    Well, I guess event related matters should be looked into at a later time. For now, it's important to bring back competitive players that have quit due to the reasons mentioned above. There are plenty of training room/event players on FGunZ even now, so it shouldn't really be a problem. Also, I imagine there's not much they can do if they don't find worthy applicants from other timezones. I don't see why ETs or GMs would be motivated to come in-game as often as they used to; there are usually 30-40 players online with no good TDMs or clan wars, and ETs even have to often cancel events as people don't turn up for them.
    ETs even have to often cancel events, cause they feel it's not worthy a small number of players, I played in servers were the most highest number of players per day was -40 and no gm or ets cancelled events, they move on and also instead of always 3 events per set they hosted more if needed, 5-6 also unworthy applicants... it's not that the problem, the problem if the requierements for that GM apps "Be active in game" none of the GMs are online constantly as I see, only Chef sometimes, ETs happens the same, "good english foundation" there are alot of players with a great english foundation and yet 5-10% of applicants with a good english foundation are seen as fake and accused of Translate or someone else wrote the app for them, and this is something that pushes lots of players to decide not to apply even if they want to... also the fact mentioning, south american players(like me for example though I won't quit here) left cause most of players here are from europe, included staff team so when brazilian, argentinian or players from other south american countries need help no one helps them if they don't speak at least a bit of english... It's also requiered for this community staff members that speak spanish or portuguese or other languages, just like I mentioned I saw in other servers with great or poor player base, they had around the staff team people from every where, not all from Europe and all sharing same language knowledge...

Originally Posted by Yeet View Post
    @Avril, what would you do if 2-3 people joined your event? Is that even worth it? The playerbase is around 60-70 at peektime, events are like 10+ than, that's worth it.
    I myself would re announce the event and go on hosting trusting on that more players will join the event and if the base is low I would host more than 3 events and use some that current ETs don't host, Attributes Touchdown, DBN(I don't see it hosted constantly like in other times), End Of The World, Lava... That would be my attitude and action towards what you said.

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    My personal opinion of all of this is more activity in everyone.

More involvement (from the development team, to the players) in what should be added in the future updates, perhaps, instead of just updating and not letting the members know what is to come in the near future (Yes i’m aware that we do tell what is being done, but i mean in detail. More options of what people would want to see be added into the game, perhaps?)
    These problems everyone’s having with the server should be looked into thoroughly and addressed accordingly. Cause after all, we can’t keep hoping for more players when we can barely keep the ones we have.

Honestly there should be a group or a leader that addresses all of these and discusses them personally with the developers and administrators. Someone who logs in game, often enough to know what is going on with the servers guests.
    (Not sure why stephan isn’t manager yet, but god bless his soul)

On a serious note, Dave and McSic, you guys shouldn’t be putting all the stress about this on yourselves... M*****a being manager obv brought about a wrong first impression of the role as a whole, but with the right person it can possibly become a very convenient, and nice thing
    I bet staff meetings don’t happen anymore? If not in the past 3 months? Those were so fun

Anyways, with the player count at an all time low, drastic measures should be taken instead of being ignored. We are not and will not be another DG.

Hell I don’t even mind coming back and hosting events everyday if that even helps. I love this place. I forget about it sometimes but there’s always that one part of me that logs into the forum just to see what’s going on.
    Last edited by Michi; 08-03-2018 at 01:32 AM.

10. The following 2 users say thank you to Michi for this useful post:

EternalBeast (08-03-2018), KiritoOnline (08-04-2018)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Lets just hope admins are reading this thread and actually taking notes, and not just ignoring like they did for the previous 2 years preparing v8, I feel like the suggestion section is actually useless to be honest after all of this considering they didn't take any of the really popular suggestions that the community wanted.

12. The following user said thank you to TriHard for this useful post:

Hart (08-03-2018)

Rain's Avatar Reality, What is?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Lets just hope admins are reading this thread and actually taking notes, and not just ignoring like they did for the previous 2 years preparing v8, I feel like the suggestion section is actually useless to be honest after all of this considering they didn't take any of the really popular suggestions that the community wanted.
    lol what,

Pretty sure none of you forgot how ****ing old this game is right? People didn't quit just because of the updates and what not some people can actually move on.

I can understand that people want their clan reward and so on. But in all honesty just wait it out, There is no way dave and McSic would on purpose not give you the payout you deserve, They are both hard at work in their lifes and i'm not saying it's not possible for them to login once a day or so but who knows man a ton of shit could be happening while none of you know. Which is their mistake they should have told the Community how busy they were,

But they are still people and people make mistakes. The FGunZ team is probably the only team that actually care about GunZ and are always open for new things for the game to give it some fresh air.

Compare the server to any other server you want but nothing is as well managed as fgunz, Maybe not for the past 2 months but give them a break for once. Most of these so called " better servers " Are bad managed and simply don't give a **** about anything. They are there to make money not to make Gunz better.

so just chill guys,
    and about the clan reward money
    It's not like you had to work hard for that but i personally understand the frustration i guess.
    Last edited by Rain; 08-03-2018 at 07:38 AM.

14. The following user said thank you to Rain for this useful post:

Lemon (08-03-2018)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    lol what,

Pretty sure none of you forgot how ****ing old this game is right? People didn't quit just because of the updates and what not some people can actually move on.

I can understand that people want their clan reward and so on. But in all honesty just wait it out, There is no way dave and McSic would on purpose not give you the payout you deserve, They are both hard at work in their lifes and i'm not saying it's not possible for them to login once a day or so but who knows man a ton of shit could be happening while none of you know. Which is their mistake they should have told the Community how busy they were,

But they are still people and people make mistakes. The FGunZ team is probably the only team that actually care about GunZ and are always open for new things for the game to give it some fresh air.

Compare the server to any other server you want but nothing is as well managed as fgunz, Maybe not for the past 2 months but give them a break for once. Most of these so called " better servers " Are bad managed and simply don't give a **** about anything. They are there to make money not to make Gunz better.

so just chill guys,
    and about the clan reward money
    It's not like you had to work hard for that 100$
    I think majority of us would agree that they've worked hard and without a doubt is doing their best.
    But if you've read what i said and also what Damian said in the screenshot, it's not about the money. It's about Dave being responsible. It's his server. If there is a delay on anything, we should be informed, not ignored.
    We didn't assume he was not going to give out the prizes. We just wanted updates.

I don't think "so just chill guys" fixes anything. You have players who try their best to contribute because they don't want to see the server go away.
    Last edited by Hart; 08-03-2018 at 07:44 AM.

16. The following user said thank you to Hart for this useful post:

Pigglet (08-04-2018)

Sunfire's Avatar [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲

Country
    Thanks
    I don't see how you except this game to go back to its good days. This game is as old as some of you guys, people just moved on. GunZ just needs a fresh start with new name, new engine, new everything to be successful again.

New updates won't do anything but kill the server since if you change the slightest of what people are used to then they will just leave to something new. It happened when V8 came out. V8 was overdone. All V7 needed was a better antilead, better antihack and new cosmetics. Nobody was asking for new hitboxes or quests to farm bounty and buy clothes and fking elements and shit. Great ideas but changed the game too much.

You need a new GunZ that can promise a competitive environment. This GunZ will never be successful ever again.
    Last edited by Sunfire; 08-03-2018 at 09:29 AM.

18. The following user said thank you to Sunfire for this useful post:

Canpai (08-03-2018)

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information