Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    If you ask anyone that still plays FGunz and hopes it'll get better, they are likely to tell you that they were perfectly happy with v7. FGunz already had great features; the removal of [R] and a better/updated anticheat is all that we ever needed, really.

This community, like any other online gaming community, has trolls and trash talkers who don't convey their message the right away. Some people "cry" about things, but many of us did post genuine suggestions and the reasons behind them, but we've been constantly ignored for the most part. I'm not saying we're always right and all suggestions should be accepted -- but there's zero discussion. If players are still complaining nearly one year following the update, isn't it a clear indication that something is wrong and needs to be remedied?

Nobody is being hypocritical here. We'd definitely move on if they at least write up a small post talking about their plans for this server in the future. If they say they're done, we'll stop expecting anything and simply accept it. Focusing on trivial stuff while the server is dying due to other underlying issues is what most of us have a problem with. Again, read Nerval's post and it should make sense to you.
    Once more, how would you feel when everytime you log on you see "this game is dead", "the staff doesn't do shit" after all that hard work. I truly get why they aren't answering nor listening to the community anymore, this community is straight garbage.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    It's clear they lack motivation to put some extra effort in this community.
    Sure they have their own shit outside of this community, but if you are clearly too busy, why not pass it on to people who are motivated to keep this ball running?

You do a point Yeet, but look at the updates happening.

As for the trojan thing; It is cause of the anti-virus, not sure what in the code is so different from the avarage game that does not have this issue (this was an issue with a lot of servers so this makes you think what is missing or being added to always get prompted by a ton of anti-virusses).

3. The following 3 users say thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Canpai (08-01-2018), Ganggbangg (07-30-2018), GRUMPY (07-31-2018)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    i believe dave and mcsic should step down and pass ownership to a kid that still love this game and i mean by love love. like the players that afk in lobby, tdms, training rooms, loves to talk to gunz players on daily basis like if there is no tomorrow. talking about new owners who gives a shit about this game that is willing to get this game motivated. like to smell of gunz, taste the gunz, worship the gunz, sleep with gunz. always on gunz 24/7 and i know whos the right candiante for the new ownership of freestyle gunz. and i vote for alegra the big nose dawg to be the new leader of freestyle gunz because she is the actually ****ing key that can save this sever..

5. The following 3 users say thank you to hide on bush for this useful post:

Ganggbangg (07-30-2018), GRUMPY (07-31-2018), Kasuro (07-30-2018)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Yeet View Post
    Once more, how would you feel when everytime you log on you see "this game is dead", "the staff doesn't do shit" after all that hard work. I truly get why they aren't answering nor listening to the community anymore, this community is straight garbage.
    People who put in effort would certainly feel bad about it, yeah; but the point here is, nobody really asked for these type of features in Gunz. Referencing your earlier post, nobody "demanded" these things and decided to quit if they weren't going to be added.

It is pretty obvious that they worked very hard and spent a lot of time coding complex stuff like the Gem system and whatnot, but they never asked the community if such drastic and game-changing features were what we really wanted. No detailed discussions, no extensive beta tests in the months leading up to the release, nothing. A new hitbox, screen shake effects, overpowered gems & another limitbreaker (although, I'll admit they were smart moves from a financial standpoint) etc., were abruptly added and it was like saying "this is what it's going to be from now on—deal with it". See why that would piss people off?

Gunz doesn't have the kind of large playerbase like CS, Fortnite, or whatever where experimenting at the expense of losing some players wouldn't make a difference. I mean, come on...this 'experiment' has lasted almost a year & when there's a consistent downward trend in the player count (which is almost hitting rock bottom), would rolling back to some old, tried & tested features really be that bad? Don't we all deserve to know why they're holding back and continue to persist with something that clearly isn't working? This is why we need to hear their views, even if they decide not to make any changes.
    Last edited by EternalBeast; 07-30-2018 at 03:51 PM.

7. The following 2 users say thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

LizaSoberano (07-30-2018), skaterreborn (08-06-2018)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    People who put in effort would certainly feel bad about it, yeah; but the point here is, nobody really asked for these type of features in Gunz. Referencing your earlier post, nobody "demanded" these things and decided to quit if they weren't going to be added.

It is pretty obvious that they worked very hard and spent a lot of time coding complex stuff like the Gem system and whatnot, but they never asked the community if such drastic and game-changing features were what we really wanted. No detailed discussions, no extensive beta tests in the months leading up to the release, nothing. A new hitbox, screen shake effects, overpowered gems & another limitbreaker (although, I'll admit they were smart moves from a financial standpoint) etc., were abruptly added and it was like saying "this is what it's going to be from now on—deal with it". See why that would piss people off?

Gunz doesn't have the kind of large playerbase like CS, Fortnite, or whatever where experimenting at the expense of losing some players wouldn't make a difference. I mean, come on...this 'experiment' has lasted almost a year & when there's a consistent downward trend in the player count (which is almost hitting rock bottom), would rolling back to some old, tried & tested features really be that bad? Don't we all deserve to know why they're holding back and continue to persist with something that clearly isn't working? This is why we need to hear their views, even if they decide not to make any changes.
    To be fair the original idea of the Gem system was fine and simpler, the thing is that we devs do not have the control of the final outcome when it comes to stats given (originally the stats would be lower and simpler).

As for the hitbox, I think a more detailed hitbox made more sense (not talking about the drop off damage based on distance).
    The new hitbox had a character shape instead of a rectangle; so the game would be slightly harder if that makes sense.

For screenshaking effects I think it was already in the game but not enabled, such effects make sense when it comes to grenade or stuff (haven't played in ages so I cannot remember where they used this for).

But I agree on that they could've pushed/fixed simpler issues in the game more often as the did (or never did).
    I still look at it from a developing perspective as a player perspective, but if it was for me I would've done a few things differently (patching and polling wise).

But apparently they still did something good if the avarage player base is near a 100..?

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    To be fair the original idea of the Gem system was fine and simpler, the thing is that we devs do not have the control of the final outcome when it comes to stats given (originally the stats would be lower and simpler).

For screenshaking effects I think it was already in the game but not enabled, such effects make sense when it comes to grenade or stuff (haven't played in ages so I cannot remember where they used this for).

But apparently they still did something good if the avarage player base is near a 100..?
    I agree that the features themselves aren't inherently bad; the main issue is the lack of reasoning, discussions, and quick follow ups ever since.

As for the hitbox, I think a more detailed hitbox made more sense (not talking about the drop off damage based on distance).
    The new hitbox had a character shape instead of a rectangle; so the game would be slightly harder if that makes sense.
    The idea behind that sounds right, but it'd work only if MAIET adopted it from the very beginning. This was like playing with fire. If you tell players they've got to change their gameplay and accurately aim for the chest (in a fast paced game like this) instead of anywhere on the body like they have for 10+ years, it's going to cause trouble. If you're going to tell them that 2 shots to the feet following a massive won't get them a kill (even with 2 limitbreakers), it's going to be a problem. Maybe not much to the casual player, but the highly competitive ones (who have left FGunz). But they still don't even revert to the old hitbox despite players not liking it.

Honestly? Numbers really, really don't matter anymore. 70-100 players mean nothing if most of them are going to stay in a 30 player Town training room, 10-15 people play flips in a Stairway game, 5-15 others spam large swords in Turbo Sewer, and others idle in lobby. During NA evenings/night, there are barely 25-30 online overall. It is hard to find a good room to play in. Events sometimes barely touch 10-15 players and are even canceled due to lack of players (with so called 70-80 'online' players). Choosing between 3-4 populated TDM rooms isn't even an option anymore. Arranging a clan war involves the exchange of 30-50 messages between players; it's a struggle to even form teams and get a 3v3 or 4v4 match going, even though there are good bi-weekly rewards. I find more of my friends moving to another server (people I know myself, not from nonsense forum goodbyes) and it doesn't seem like there will be anything apart from quest and training in the coming months.

EDIT: This is what 70 players looks like right now, with no events going on. Can't really play.

Either i) revert to old methods that work & make things better; ii) try something new (not ideal, considering what's happened); iii) let the decline continue until there's nothing left, because this clearly isn't working.
    Last edited by EternalBeast; 07-30-2018 at 05:56 PM.

10. The following 3 users say thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

GRUMPY (07-31-2018), Kasuro (07-30-2018), skaterreborn (08-06-2018)

Country
    Thanks
    This is end for Freestyle Gunz, 35 players online AVERAGE (50). or there will be a huge comeback? xd

12. The following user said thank you to President for this useful post:

GRUMPY (07-31-2018)

Tzunami best0's Avatar help page 65 pls

Country
    Thanks

But I agree on that they could've pushed/fixed simpler issues in the game more often as the did (or never did).
    I still look at it from a developing perspective as a player perspective, but if it was for me I would've done a few things differently (patching and polling wise).

The players are not around 100, i don't play so much fgunz these days, when i log is like the 5/6 time that are 60 players on man, 60/70 is the max of fgunz, and 60 of them is divided in: 15/20 are in training rooms, always then 45 left, 15/20 in tdm garden then 30 left, 15/20 afk then 15 left, these 15 in a/d room or duels room, i spam always for cw in the rooms or lobby no one wants, i cant get a room with a normal 8 player tdm in town, or cw maps, because i need play always in garden these 16 people rooms, that are boring as fuk for me.. Just to say to you, if fgunz has 100 player im the most happy guy in the world
    Last edited by Tzunami best0; 08-02-2018 at 12:46 PM.

14. The following 2 users say thank you to Tzunami best0 for this useful post:

GRUMPY (07-31-2018), President (07-30-2018)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    I agree that the features themselves aren't inherently bad; the main issue is the lack of reasoning, discussions, and quick follow ups ever since.

The idea behind that sounds right, but it'd work only if MAIET adopted it from the very beginning. This was like playing with fire. If you tell players they've got to change their gameplay and accurately aim for the chest (in a fast paced game like this) instead of anywhere on the body like they have for 10+ years, it's going to cause trouble. If you're going to tell them that 2 shots to the feet following a massive won't get them a kill (even with 2 limitbreakers), it's going to be a problem. Maybe not much to the casual player, but the highly competitive ones (who have left FGunz). But they still don't even revert to the old hitbox despite players not liking it.

Honestly? Numbers really, really don't matter anymore. 70-100 players mean nothing if most of them are going to stay in a 30 player Town training room, 10-15 people play flips in a Stairway game, 5-15 others spam large swords in Turbo Sewer, and others idle in lobby. During NA evenings/night, there are barely 25-30 online overall. It is hard to find a good room to play in. Events sometimes barely touch 10-15 players and are even canceled due to lack of players (with so called 70-80 'online' players). Choosing between 3-4 populated TDM rooms isn't even an option anymore. Arranging a clan war involves the exchange of 30-50 messages between players; it's a struggle to even form teams and get a 3v3 or 4v4 match going, even though there are good bi-weekly rewards. I find more of my friends moving to another server (people I know myself, not from nonsense forum goodbyes) and it doesn't seem like there will be anything apart from quest and training in the coming months.

EDIT: This is what 70 players looks like right now, with no events going on. Can't really play.

Either i) revert to old methods that work & make things better; ii) try something new (not ideal, considering what's happened); iii) let the decline continue until there's nothing left, because this clearly isn't working.
    I think they will go with option 3, at least that is how it felt when I left.

As for option 2, the only thing I can see would be a complely new lobby that would be based of something like Paladins/Overwatch with the looks of GunZ, those lobby interfaces are the best in my opinion.

Option 1 seems to be the least likely unless they have a copy of V7.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by DanEditsHD View Post
    i msg'd dave about saying if hes not willing to pay $ can we atleast get coins, he said he did not forgot and hes waiting on donations to be made.
    this also dismotivated me from really creating FGUNZ the trailer i could make
    Hmm. I doubt this is true as we always have enough money to cover server costs / expenses plus special events (cw rewards, trailer competition). At no point have we waited for 'donations to be made' to keep everything running. If we couldn't afford cash rewards, we wouldn't give them out. Sure a $100 USD / month CW reward feels like a little too much for a game that has ~50 players online, but that's a different story.

Dave was pretty busy lately as well as me; I assume he didn't have time or just forgot about the sending out the cash rewards. He's back though. You should get your rewards very soon.

I took a break for a bit but anyway, I'm back, too - and working on the next update now. The upcoming update will address several issues (including false-positive anti-virus/launcher/game start issues) and I believe (and hope) it will increase the player count.

17. The following 12 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Camel (07-31-2018), Canpai (08-01-2018), Empire (07-31-2018), GRUMPY (07-31-2018), Hart (07-30-2018), Hulk (07-31-2018), LostX (08-03-2018), Mex (07-30-2018), serpento (07-31-2018), Stuwadie (07-30-2018), Yuu (07-31-2018)

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information