GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    Hello peeps, how's it going?

I log on the forums just to see how the game has coming to an end, new threads are about racism or playercount drop and hate on staff members..

McSic, you have a lot of knowledge when it comes to C++ programming.
    Dave, you are pretty much a full-stack developer now and understand most of the things when it comes to security, front/back-end, software as well.

Obviously FGunZ is the only server that lasted the most from every other private server, even more than IJJI the official, it's not like the server doesn't have enough money to invest into further development.

The game will soon die, the forum will hopefully last, it has been visited daily by hundreds of members and thousand(s) of guest browsing it, you guys honestly have to consider into starting a whole new private server of another game even if you have to pay for development, both of you would probably get into coding it within a year or less, you have the playercount already that just need a change to happen and if you pick the right people to work with plus the environment, you'll most likely succeed.

Regards =)

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

2. The following 6 users say thank you to GeorgeGFX for this useful post:

Canpai (08-26-2018), Castiel (08-25-2018), Eran (08-25-2018), LizaSoberano (08-26-2018), Michi (08-26-2018), Sunfire (08-27-2018)

Bipolarity's Avatar ɪɴᴄᴏɢɴɪᴛᴏ

Country
    Thanks
    Well, I'm most definately not the one to comment about the server, since I have joined here a month ago, (Yes I've played it 8 years ago, then 2-3 years ago again, but still don't recall alot of it) but here is my opinion.

GunZ won't die anytime soon. It has been said 2-3 years ago, when I had my own private server. There will always be veterans who will play this game. I have been seeing quite a few new faces here since I have joined, both to the server and to the game aswell. I like to see people still actually training and learning skills in Town, and even more to see other oldgens helping them.

The community.. Well, since I have joined I have made my fair share of friends. From day one. Each friend and I have our own 'thing', our own joke etc. They've welcomed me here very well. Sure, like in every other server, there is the toxic part of the community, the racists, egoists and so on. The racism is a big part of FG, and I have played ALOT of servers and this is the one with the most racism in it. Arabs hating on israelis and vice versa. It's annoying to see that every day here, and whats also bad is seeing the veterans hating on new players. Newgens, trashgens, kids are just some of the words they use on new players, and then they complain about player count (??!)

Dave and McSic are for sure skillful and experienced coders and they deserve big credit for keeping this server alive for a long time. However, there are quite a few issues players are complaining about, and nothing is being done. Don't get me wrong, we are all humans and they cannot put this game ahead of their personal life. All they should know is that they are not alone and there are people willing to help, and be just a little more active.

Thats my two cents. Don't take it as the right opinion.

4. The following user said thank you to Bipolarity for this useful post:

Daniel (08-25-2018)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    True that, they have all the experience but it seems the motivation only comes from other people and not them, something which derails others even further.
    In my opinion, games dont really have that same outcome gunz had years ago where the devs just close it cuz whatever right. Games nowdays tend to stay open for as long as thwy can sustain themselves and unless a new game entirely is being coded from scratch, i dont see how what you suggested would work. I hope it woild though.

Ekital's Avatar Ultima

Country
    Thanks
    Or you know, fix the existing problems?

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bipolarity View Post
    Well, I'm most definately not the one to comment about the server, since I have joined here a month ago, (Yes I've played it 8 years ago, then 2-3 years ago again, but still don't recall alot of it) but here is my opinion.

GunZ won't die anytime soon. It has been said 2-3 years ago, when I had my own private server. There will always be veterans who will play this game. I have been seeing quite a few new faces here since I have joined, both to the server and to the game aswell. I like to see people still actually training and learning skills in Town, and even more to see other oldgens helping them.

The community.. Well, since I have joined I have made my fair share of friends. From day one. Each friend and I have our own 'thing', our own joke etc. They've welcomed me here very well. Sure, like in every other server, there is the toxic part of the community, the racists, egoists and so on. The racism is a big part of FG, and I have played ALOT of servers and this is the one with the most racism in it. Arabs hating on israelis and vice versa. It's annoying to see that every day here, and whats also bad is seeing the veterans hating on new players. Newgens, trashgens, kids are just some of the words they use on new players, and then they complain about player count (??!)

Dave and McSic are for sure skillful and experienced coders and they deserve big credit for keeping this server alive for a long time. However, there are quite a few issues players are complaining about, and nothing is being done. Don't get me wrong, we are all humans and they cannot put this game ahead of their personal life. All they should know is that they are not alone and there are people willing to help, and be just a little more active.

Thats my two cents. Don't take it as the right opinion.
    Well you assume that veterans are the only people who keep the game alive but sooner or later those people will also grow up and start their life path and dump GunZ because it's outdated and not as entertaining as before.
    The main issue is that big companies develop new games, take Fortnite for example and people move onto them instead of staying on GunZ which is normal but trying to run a totally new game as a private server, with a bit of advertisement and time investment, community will surely grow bigger.

Originally Posted by Ekital View Post
    Or you know, fix the existing problems?
    The current problems are way too much, it's like programming, fix 1 bug, 2 more appear afterwards.
    GunZ source code is so out of date and so messy, it's a pain in the ass to work with and it's time to trash it and start something new, hell I'm sure that a Maplestory private server would contain more players than FG ever had.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

Canpai's Avatar 🎶🎶🎶 Music 🎶🎶🎶

Country
    Thanks
    let me keep all that aside and leme ask u "how r u Genius ( haven,t forgot u genius ) "

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    hi george bby xxxx

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Start from scratch.

Sunfire's Avatar [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲

Country
    Thanks
    Hi George, I missed you.

Yea I just hope FG starts from blank and delete all the useless shit that it's been added to the server from all these years. A simple server with good antilead, good SHOP - Donation SHOP, fast updates and a somewhat hack protection would be perfect. But we all know it's never gonna happen since Dave himself believes this game is dead.

So sad that nobody took advantage of GunZ..such a skill based game and also very viewer friendly.

12. The following user said thank you to Sunfire for this useful post:

Bunny (08-27-2018)

Thread Information