Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    μ

Country
    Thanks
    Holy shit dude, this is really good! I love listening to underground rap so i can give you my general thoughts on the ep

So I started with Demons and it had me listening to the rest of the EP, there's just so much energy in your voice dude. i'd love to do a breakdown of each track if i had time but ill just give a general overview

First off your flow is just impeccable dude. the standout tracks were laughing stock, sorry not sorry and demons. you've got a really versatile flow from each track and it really keeps the listener engaged. the lyrics were really good on these tracks and sorry not sorrys hook was catchy af, the track kinda gave me flatbush vibes.

im not sure if you helped out on the production at all but @ laughing stock, the end of each sentence at 1:26 onwards your vocals kinda cut out early and it feels a bit clippy but otherwise the production was done really well.

tellin a story on dance away and keeping that flow going was insane. i wasn't a fan of the lyrics but the overall track is really solid.

the last track had an insane beat, really switched up the vibe on the EP. the singing in the hook could have done with a bit of work on the pitching though haha.

honestly dude, you've got to keep releasing music, this project is really solid. your flow is serious talent and you've definitely put effort into the lyrics and it 100% shows my dude. the production could have done with a little bit work but you said you took your craft to professional engineers so i don't think that's your area haha, they still did a great job though - the delay on the ad libs in demons gave so much atmosphere to the track, the BLEGH at 1;37 was uncalled for though n made me laugh lool.

keep it up dude, seriously well done on this
    Last edited by Shino; 08-05-2019 at 03:11 AM. Reason: words

2. The following user said thank you to Shino for this useful post:

Eddie (08-05-2019)

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    I generally don't listen to this kind of music but since you are part of this community I gave it a shot.
    It's not bad at all and the production quality of the songs are pretty good.

Definitely much better than
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

4. The following user said thank you to Dave for this useful post:

Eddie (08-05-2019)

Freestyler's Senior

Country
    Thanks
    not my type of songs i dislike

6. The following user said thank you to Opeth for this useful post:

Eddie (08-05-2019)

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Aye this shits lit, altho not big fan of the beat but thats just personal opinion
    Yeah the beats I attract to I'll admit are pretty weird and different. Most others have told me they like the songs but not the beats as well. But then again, I wouldn't tell people to call me Absird (absurd) if I did normal stuff, would I ?

I also noticed a bulk of the beats I choose from are from the same guy (4/6 on the EP are him, and my whole next project is gonna be produced by him e.e), so that could explain why. I planned to look into different producers soon anyway to take a break from his sound.

Originally Posted by Bram View Post
    wepppppp good work boi
    Wepppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Originally Posted by Opeth View Post
    not my type of songs i dislike
    Ty papa ily with all my wep

Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I generally don't listen to this kind of music but since you are part of this community I gave it a shot.
    It's not bad at all and the production quality of the songs are pretty good.

Definitely much better than
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unRldLdllZ8
    I forgot all about this cringe, and I'm glad you made it resurface to brighten my day LOL

Originally Posted by Traumatiser View Post
    If you want an honest opinion stop playing minecraft..

apart from that its str8 heat especially sorry not sorry banger

(yes I said that purposely to trigger a few people )

ok i listened to all sorry not sorry and depressed in the dark is heat

fr
    You right, once I toned down the Minecraft I released Off-Centered right after. Wonder what would happen if I quit forever ?

It gets me really hyped seeing so many people ride with Sorry, Not Sorry as the top preferred track. Before releasing I was dead set on my top track being Demons, so it was nice being challenged and seeing that swerve.

Originally Posted by Shino View Post
    Holy shit dude, this is really good! I love listening to underground rap so i can give you my general thoughts on the ep

So I started with Demons and it had me listening to the rest of the EP, there's just so much energy in your voice dude. i'd love to do a breakdown of each track if i had time but ill just give a general overview

First off your flow is just impeccable dude. the standout tracks were laughing stock, sorry not sorry and demons. you've got a really versatile flow from each track and it really keeps the listener engaged. the lyrics were really good on these tracks and sorry not sorrys hook was catchy af, the track kinda gave me flatbush vibes.

im not sure if you helped out on the production at all but @ laughing stock, the end of each sentence at 1:26 onwards your vocals kinda cut out early and it feels a bit clippy but otherwise the production was done really well.

tellin a story on dance away and keeping that flow going was insane. i wasn't a fan of the lyrics but the overall track is really solid.

the last track had an insane beat, really switched up the vibe on the EP. the singing in the hook could have done with a bit of work on the pitching though haha.

honestly dude, you've got to keep releasing music, this project is really solid. your flow is serious talent and you've definitely put effort into the lyrics and it 100% shows my dude. the production could have done with a little bit work but you said you took your craft to professional engineers so i don't think that's your area haha, they still did a great job though - the delay on the ad libs in demons gave so much atmosphere to the track, the BLEGH at 1;37 was uncalled for though n made me laugh lool.

keep it up dude, seriously well done on this
    Thank you man ! Input like this really means a lot because there's a lot of in depth things about this project I can go on and on about that people haven't even realized yet. Reason why the first track and the last track have words that cut out early and don't sound as crisp is because they were recorded a good while earlier than the other 4 songs. I booked a session with my engineer to go back and master all the tracks so they sound similar, but even after mastering the words still cut out because of rookie mistakes and not pronouncing the words clearly -shrug- wasn't worth the effort for me to redo since it was just ad libs. This project was more of a learning experience anyway. Dance Away All The Pain is more of a song that's supposed to paint a vivid picture in your head by telling you a story. I wasn't expecting people to ride with the corny story since I made it intentionally that way lmao. And that last track yeah I was a huge fan of the singing at first, since I hadn't heard my voice with autotuned effects and it was all exciting to me. But then when it came time to master it months later I was like ehhhhh... this singing ain't hitting the same anymore lmao. Same thing though I just didn't feel that it was worth the hassle of redoing. Plus it was already released by then as a single for a while and a good amount of people were rocking with the singing, so I didn't wanna change it too much on them. I'm gonna make sure I perfect that on this next project though, because those last 2 songs on the EP set up the atmosphere for my next project, since it's more hip-hop/R&B themed.

Maximum respect to you all, and appreciate the love ! There's gonna be plenty more in the future. I've been focused on shows and trying to get on the radio lately, but I've been diving back into album mode recently.

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    You deffo got talent my man, although i'm not a fan of the voice crack every other sentence, your flow and lyricism is really good.

Don't forget it takes a long time to make it unless ur lucky like some mainstream rappers nowadays, try to stay motivated and follow ur passion

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    I only got one criticism like nearly all your songs sound the same, it might sound different to you because you wrote it and obviously listened and replayed it 100x in your head but in general they all got the same flow and the voicecrack at some words like gang said

but im still replaying sorry not sorry and depressed up in the dark (actual banger)

i like the lyrics especially this part in depressed up in the dark (depressions a dangerous game, you hold the controller but its still taking over your brain.. etc)

that part is fire
    Last edited by Traumatiser; 08-06-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Re-opened on request, another song INCOMING

Country
    Thanks
    I have a song that's out on all platforms now called "In My Zone" that you can listen to through this link:
    https://linktr.ee/AbsirdsTheWord

Massive respect to George who did the cover artwork to this single that you can see down below. Came out amazing.

Spoiler!

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

12. The following 2 users say thank you to Eddie for this useful post:

Divine (02-13-2020), Ommadawn (02-13-2020)

Minato's Avatar 四代目火影

Country
    Thanks
    Do you have soundcloud?
    Minato YramJoy ZayneXyriel

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Minato View Post
    Do you have soundcloud?
    Yeah
    https://soundcloud.com/absirdstheword

The single I just released is on all streaming platforms, but most of my music is on the SoundCloud

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information