Thanks
    Suggestion type: FGunZ

Suggestion description:

I appreciate the new addition and I don't want to seem like I'm complaining, but I'd like to suggest a change in the way the new damage/MVP messages are displayed.

In the current position, the messages overlap with team hp/ap displays in bigger rooms with 12-18 players per team.

Also, it doesn't look very user friendly for people who play with low resolutions.

My suggestion is to re-position it in a way such that the chat appears to have 2 extra lines which are only dedicated to these messages. Also, a distinct color would be nice for better readability. Example:

Either that, or even below the 6 lines of chat, which is unused space.
    Last edited by EternalBeast; 12-18-2018 at 07:49 PM.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

Ganggbangg (12-18-2018), Nimer (12-19-2018), President (12-18-2018)

#1Chef's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    There's already a lot of messages that appear in the chat like scorestreaks, duel streaks, and clan streaks along with the general chat. I feel like it's already a bit cluttered. But you do make a good point and that's really the only other place that text can be moved to.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by #1Chef View Post
    There's already a lot of messages that appear in the chat like scorestreaks, duel streaks, and clan streaks along with the general chat. I feel like it's already a bit cluttered. But you do make a good point and that's really the only other place that text can be moved to.
    Yes, but those duel/kill streak messages are a part of the chat itself. I'm not saying these messages should replace chat messages like the others, but rather just be positioned lower (to make it appear to be a part of the chat) with better formatting in order to avoid the overlap with team hp/ap displays and looking weird on lower resolutions.

Country
    Thanks
    I'd like to see the enemy damage be some sort of red, and team damage some sort of green (perhaps what it was before?)

6. The following user said thank you to Skilly for this useful post:

Daniel (12-19-2018)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Skilly View Post
    I'd like to see the enemy damage be some sort of red, and team damage some sort of green (perhaps what it was before?)
    Distinct shades like ^M (red) and ^V (green) would be nice so that they don't blend in with regular messages.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Good suggestion, I'll test to see what colour and spot looks good.

Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    Yes, but those duel/kill streak messages are a part of the chat itself.
    It's easily doable to move those out of the chat as well. Just like how I'm planning to move kills out of the chat in the next update. So the chat becomes a chat and chat only.

9. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Nimer (12-19-2018)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Good suggestion, I'll test to see what colour and spot looks good.

It's easily doable to move those out of the chat as well. Just like how I'm planning to move kills out of the chat in the next update. So the chat becomes a chat and chat only.
    Wat about scrollbars for the chat we were promised or suggested and was forgotten

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Wat about scrollbars for the chat we were promised or suggested and was forgotten
    Not my priority right now but we'll see about that.

Thread Information