Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Thanks
    you guys should learn by now that pellets are never accurate with anti lead.

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I think it's like that by default in GunZ 1.5? Not sure if it's like that in GunZ 1.0 as well.
    It came that way in 1.0 and 1.5 from Maiet. That's just how gunz has always been. Just like how spread for other weapons is a completely random pattern each time (smgs rifles ect) if you hold down the fire button.

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Gunz is semi RNG base in terms of spread.

You aim 5/5 And your opponent aims 5/5 , both into the same area, who ever got the better spread output (RNG) meaning the spread favours hitting more into the hitbox then that person will win.

Thanks
    So if i get this right gunz has Bloom?

Country
    Thanks
    Makes sense. Could you consider making it not random then? That could fix a lot of the issues regarding hits/damage

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Skilly View Post
    Could you consider making it not random then?
    It has always been random since GunZ exists. We're talking about ~15 years here.

Making it not random now would be a huge modification, which I doubt most GunZ players would like.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    It has always been random since GunZ exists. We're talking about ~15 years here.

Making it not random now would be a huge modification, which I strongly doubt most GunZ players would like.
    with the current state of the game it wouldnt be such a bad modification, id think players prefer an even and a consistent spread that would allow actual skill to win a duel/game.
    this is another step away from realism though, as shotguns are supposed to be random, if you didnt want random maybe you shouldve played pistols or whatever.

wasnt there a discussion on this topic like 1-2 years ago, and the poll eventually said no? following that poll the suggestion was declined, but perhaps now with a new poll people would agree?

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Yes, I've coded static shotgun spray/pattern as a test and I think it didn't make it to the live client because people didn't want it.

However, what I could do, but what we actually want to prevent, is add another roomtag for static shotgun spray. So people can turn it on and off as game-room option, just like how they can turn anti-lead on and off as game-room option. Look, I could do that, but we don't really want more room tags.

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Yes, I've coded static shotgun spray/pattern as a test and I think it didn't make it to the live client because people didn't want it.

However, what I could do, but what we actually want to prevent, is add another roomtag for static shotgun spray. So people can turn it on and off as game-room option, just like how they can turn anti-lead on and off as game-room option. Look, I could do that, but we don't really want more room tags.
    Don't implement anything like that Sic, people complained forever and a day about how they wanted the 'old gunz' feeling back, so you've brought back the old hitboxes, now they find something else to complain about which if changed would be a massive game changer again.

10. The following 2 users say thank you to Notorious for this useful post:

Ganggbangg (12-21-2018), KiritoOnline (12-21-2018)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Don't implement anything like that Sic, people complained forever and a day about how they wanted the 'old gunz' feeling back, so you've brought back the old hitboxes, now they find something else to complain about which if changed would be a massive game changer again.
    is it really that big of a change or an unjustified one to expect an (on average) even amount of damage throughout every shot? shots will still be spread as much as they do but they will in a non-changing pattern where the pellets are all evenly spaced (or so ive understood)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information