Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    Hmm apparently i am just unlucky and bad but thank you for responding appreciate it

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    It has always been random since GunZ exists. We're talking about ~15 years here.

Making it not random now would be a huge modification, which I doubt most GunZ players would like.
    Well, I just think it would make damage feel more consitent and stable in a way. Should just make up for a better player experience

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Some would like it and some would hate it. So there's no real benefit from changing it. Get closer and you won't miss as many pellets, that would be true for any shotgun spread.

They did make a poll and test it out when they were making V8 though.
    Last edited by S1lent; 12-21-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    I haven't even seen anything other than support to making a change like this regarding the spread.

Going back to what @McSic said:
    However, what I could do, but what we actually want to prevent, is add another roomtag for static shotgun spray. So people can turn it on and off as game-room option, just like how they can turn anti-lead on and off as game-room option. Look, I could do that, but we don't really want more room tags.
    This could be a nice way to test out whether people like it, and if they do, it could become the new default. Whereas if they don't, the tag could be removed

Thanks
    I don't mean to nitpick, but something is definitely off. Watch 4 rounds of Ganggbangg's fight vs someone with a higher ping:

Round 1 - It shouldn't have taken all those hits to kill someone with the vanilla hitbox at close range. The opponent also mentions how an SPB did 22 damage.
    Round 2 - 7 hits like those for 121 damage?
    Round 3 - 9 good hits and no kill? (Not all shots display "HIT" because the opponent was lagging, but you can hear the hits/beeps in the original video with sound)
    Round 4 - Shouldn't have required all those hits for a kill.

I've also experienced similar issues versus laggers where several shots do 0 damage; 2 shots at point blank range only do 33-66 damage each; or a sword pb only does 55 damage. Playing versus lower pings seems to be fine.

6. The following user said thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

Ganggbangg (12-21-2018)

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    I don't mean to nitpick, but something is definitely off. Watch 4 rounds of Ganggbangg's fight vs someone with a higher ping:

Round 1 - It shouldn't have taken all those hits to kill someone with the vanilla hitbox at close range. The opponent also mentions how an SPB did 22 damage.
    Round 2 - 7 hits like those for 121 damage?
    Round 3 - 9 good hits and no kill? (Not all shots display "HIT" because the opponent was lagging, but you can hear the hits/beeps in the original video with sound)
    Round 4 - Shouldn't have required all those hits for a kill.

I've also experienced similar issues versus laggers where several shots do 0 damage; 2 shots at point blank range only do 33-66 damage each; or a sword pb only does 55 damage. Playing versus lower pings seems to be fine.
    round 2 was 8 hits btw, averaging 15 dmg a hit.

Tbh this is the first time I noticed something off about the antilead, the past few days been fine to me on the new hitbox.
    Last edited by Ganggbangg; 12-21-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Banned

Thanks
    You guys have played long enough to know that replays are the worst assumption of what is a hit and a miss. Anti-lead is fine, it's miles ahead of the v8 anti-lead.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by shanks View Post
    You guys have played long enough to know that replays are the worst assumption of what is a hit and a miss. Anti-lead is fine, it's miles ahead of the v8 anti-lead.
    Those replays are coming from Ganggbangg himself - the guy who actually fought (and not just watched replays) & also has no issues vs lower pings since the update. And we are talking about the v8 antilead here (not the vanilla/v7 hitbox).

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    Those replays are coming from Ganggbangg himself - the guy who actually fought (and not just watched replays) & also has no issues vs lower pings since the update. And we are talking about the v8 antilead here (not the vanilla/v7 hitbox).
    Isn't the current anti-lead the v7 antilead? why talk about v8 anti lead. The cause of v8 was these retard mods trying to " fix " these problems. leave it as it is

Thanks
    Originally Posted by shanks View Post
    Isn't the current anti-lead the v7 antilead? why talk about v8 anti lead. The cause of v8 was these retard mods trying to " fix " these problems. leave it as it is
    Well since McSic didn't mention anything in the patch notes, I'm assuming we currently have the v8 anti-lead with the v7/original hitbox, which might be why some of us face issues. Only the admins can clarify it for us at this point.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information