Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    Well since McSic didn't mention anything in the patch notes, I'm assuming we currently have the v8 anti-lead with the v7/original hitbox, which might be why some of us face issues. Only the admins can clarify it for us at this point.
    well it is a huge improvement from this
    https://www.twitch.tv/monkey226/clip...=30d&sort=time

so just leave it as it is

also this is the only correct way to determine whats a good hit or not, from streams. even personal replays have bugs with the hit and miss.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by shanks View Post

also this is the only correct way to determine whats a good hit or not, from streams. even personal replays have bugs with the hit and miss.
    improvements can always be made

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Skilly View Post
    improvements can always be made
    yes but they can also ruin it, they already improved it from the ass anti-lead/hitbox they had for years.

Thanks

It is, but it's still frustrating to play vs players with higher pings. It may not matter much to you guys since you mostly only clan war and don't find a variety of players, but it's different in big TDM rooms/DMs etc. Some of us are still curious as to what the problem is. 0 damage hits (in realtime, not replays) are not okay.

Banned

Thanks
    It is, but it's still frustrating to play vs players with higher pings. It may not matter much to you guys since you mostly only clan war and don't find a variety of players, but it's different in big TDM rooms/DMs etc. Some of us are still curious as to what the problem is. 0 damage hits (in realtime, not replays) are not okay.
    if it is 0 damage hits to high ping players, then it is their problem not the anti lead / hitbox

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    I don't mean to nitpick, but something is definitely off. Watch 4 rounds of Ganggbangg's fight vs someone with a higher ping:

Round 1 - It shouldn't have taken all those hits to kill someone with the vanilla hitbox at close range. The opponent also mentions how an SPB did 22 damage.
    Round 2 - 7 hits like those for 121 damage?
    Round 3 - 9 good hits and no kill? (Not all shots display "HIT" because the opponent was lagging, but you can hear the hits/beeps in the original video with sound)
    Round 4 - Shouldn't have required all those hits for a kill.
    Looking at those replays I can see a lot of pellets passing by / hitting the ground / walls, which means barely any pellets are left hitting the character. So the low damage dealt looks fine to me. You gotta remember those are shotguns you're fighting with, with a huge and random spray. So if barely any pellets hit the enemy, due to distance / unlucky spray - like in those replays - don't expect a lot of damage.

Country
    Thanks
    yes but they can also ruin it, they already improved it from the ass anti-lead/hitbox they had for years.
    Agreed.

That's why I believe what McSic said would be the best way to test out a thing like this

Country
    Thanks

this could also be shots like this vlc_2018-12-18_20-00-51.png

i noticed you were shooting feet with the v8 hitbox which you can shoot in between so your shots could just have bad spray like mine apparently had
    and you have pellets off so there is no way how many pellets hit

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Looking at those replays I can see a lot of pellets passing by / hitting the ground / walls, which means barely any pellets are left hitting the character. So the low damage dealt looks fine to me. You gotta remember those are shotguns you're fighting with, with a huge and random spray. So if barely any pellets hit the enemy, due to distance / unlucky spray - like in those replays - don't expect a lot of damage.
    I appreciate ur opinion, next time I feel like facing this issue again i'm going to try and get better evidence(talkin bout realtime pov slowmo's and all that shit). I still very much enjoy the new hitbox so thanks for that.

Are there plans of nerfing shotgun damage though? I feel like anything beyond 3vs3 is really annoying to play since you get bursted to death really quick. Thx 4 da effort

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Yes we have plans to balance shotguns in near future.

11. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Ganggbangg (12-22-2018)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information