Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Azula's Avatar Tauntshot Master

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    I think that was the main reason but honestly I don't know. I didn't like the idea when they decreased the ban duration to instead of being 6 months to 3 months, but really there was another side to this whole thing. You say "ah why you unban them wtf" while the other side says "omg u killing the competitive aspect of gunz by banning all these players" (cuz the competitive players are basically the only one who hacks in this game)

I personally think that you should get a second chance if you hack (with a long ban penalty for hacking first time). If they repeat themselves then obviously they can't be trusted. Frankly I'd much rather watch this game perish than in the end be stuck with just a bunch of hackers.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't target someone, that was the issue with your thead since it's not in the ego section.
    I understand. He could at least ask me to repost it on the ego section or do it him self. But instead he acted like a asshole in the chat. Also, "you got the report section use it". Who in the world is going to report players knowing that they get unbanned anyway? That is a ridiculous reply to my thread imo.
    14-14-08
    But first, LET ME TAKE A SELFIE!

Bar must be 2pro https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...=1#post1007929
    Dean must be legend https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...light=dianabol

2. The following 2 users say thank you to Azula for this useful post:

granitxhaka2 (01-24-2019), Tzunami best0 (01-24-2019)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Forum and In-game are two different things, different rules.
    yeah but forum wouldn't exist if it wasn't for this game, and if anything FORUM should have less consequences especially considering my case, never was banned for hacks or any other kind of game ruining for others kind of situation, but yeah I guess you're right that makes more sense unban someone who hacks continuously and ruins the fun for others continuously, but lets keep someone who spreads a few copypastas on forum banned for over a year.

oh well whats done is done and im over it but when you think back and add it up this whole games forum and ingame rules are broken from the core and it seriously needs a fixing from the beginning and I would be gladly their to help you guys if you need any kind of assisting if you want to help this game recover from the pits of death, starting with the staff team and its rules.

cause you can imagine people still consider to play this server and it definitely aint for the staff, anti-lead or hackers.

4. The following user said thank you to Traumatiser for this useful post:

Snuwperman (01-24-2019)

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Azula View Post
    I understand. He could at least ask me to repost it on the ego section or do it him self. But instead he acted like a asshole in the chat. Also, "you got the report section use it".
    We're just tired of these threads that is in other sections but the ego section, starting drama. So I think that's where most of the frustration lies, shouldn't take it personally.

Who in the world is going to report players knowing that they get unbanned anyway?
    Ye I agree. It will feel pointless if you ban someone and then they pop up again 3 months later like "wazzup I'm back! Am I hacking again? U don't know but try me bitch lulz".

Originally Posted by Traumatiser View Post
    yeah but forum wouldn't exist if it wasn't for this game, and if anything FORUM should have less consequences especially considering my case, never was banned for hacks or any other kind of game ruining for others kind of situation, but yeah I guess you're right that makes more sense unban someone who hacks continuously and ruins the fun for others continuously, but lets keep someone who spreads a few copypastas on forum banned for over a year.

oh well whats done is done and im over it but when you think back and add it up this whole games forum and ingame rules are broken from the core and it seriously needs a fixing from the beginning and I would be gladly their to help you guys if you need any kind of assisting if you want to help this game recover from the pits of death, starting with the staff team and its rules.

cause you can imagine people still consider to play this server and it definitely aint for the staff, anti-lead or hackers.
    Again, forum and in-game are different stuff. What you do in-game (flame, hack, spam, everything but advertising) does not effect your forum account and vice versa.
    Not gonna lie, we forum moderators got a lot of "freedom" when it comes to decision making since we don't really have that sort of a protocol like the GM's does. If we feel like you're being nothing but trouble to this forum (spamming, provoking, flaming and etc.) then we can ban you for a really long time provided with that you have a bunch of infractions.

Unless you are also a complete random with 1 post who immediately shows that behaviour.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    We're just tired of these threads that is in other sections but the ego section, starting drama. So I think that's where most of the frustration lies, shouldn't take it personally.

Ye I agree. It will feel pointless if you ban someone and then they pop up again 3 months later like "wazzup I'm back! Am I hacking again? U don't know but try me bitch lulz".

Again, forum and in-game are different stuff. What you do in-game (flame, hack, spam, everything but advertising) does not effect your forum account and vice versa.
    Not gonna lie, we forum moderators got a lot of "freedom" when it comes to decision making since we don't really have that sort of a protocol like the GM's does. If we feel like you're being nothing but trouble to this forum (spamming, provoking, flaming and etc.) then we can ban you for a really long time provided with that you have a bunch of infractions.

Unless you are also a complete random with 1 post who immediately shows that behaviour.
    If thats how you really feel and think it should be run then its a lost cause.. I would expect a little slight just a smidgen of 'yeah possibly' but considering your mindset is so fixated on thinking what you and other staff members are doing is right then continue godspeed and enjoy the fall of this server as it continues to crash.

Thanks
    That wasn't up to me and not up to the current GM's. They follow a protocol which says that they can get unbanned after 3 months for hacking. The only exceptions we made when I was gm when the ban duration was 6 months was after someone hacked like the 4th or 5th time. Then we waited up to a year before we unbanned them (but still got unbanned regardless).
    Recently, Soldatos (a clan war player) was unbanned within 2-3 weeks & a two-time hacker like Xhaka was unbanned in a month. Another guy called Professional got unbanned 1-2 days after his ban for shotbot just because he apologized. Maybe they share the source of their hacks or be honest/apologize, but it's not fair to everyone else.

This goes to show that some people with no prior record can take advantage of hacks for as long as they get caught, and then make a quick return after showing remorse in their unban appeals.

Rain's idea about having a profile badge or separate user group for hackers on the forum is great. And frankly, why not? Why protect their reputation? They just get unbanned and act like they're the shit; as if nothing ever happened. At the very least, the staff should once again start maintaining a list of illegitimate players on the forum.

3 months is actually reasonable considering the current state of the server, but bans for hacking should actually be unconditional and last the full 3 months, followed by some 'recognition' on their in-game/forum profiles when they get unbanned. GunZ players have too much of an ego, so something like this would definitely make people think hard before hacking. We can all see how easy it is to get away with it right now.
    Last edited by EternalBeast; 01-24-2019 at 05:21 PM.

8. The following 2 users say thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

Traumatiser (01-24-2019), Tzunami best0 (01-24-2019)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    Recently, Soldatos (a clan war player) was unbanned within 2-3 weeks & a two-time hacker like Xhaka was unbanned in a month. Another guy called Professional got unbanned 1-2 days after his ban for shotbot just because he apologized. Maybe they share the source of their hacks or be honest/apologize, but it's not fair to everyone else.

This goes to show that some people with no prior record can take advantage of hacks for as long as they get caught, and then make a quick return after showing remorse in their unban appeals.

Rain's idea about having a profile badge or separate user group for hackers on the forum is great. And frankly, why not? Why protect their reputation? They just get unbanned and act like they're the shit; as if nothing ever happened. At the very least, the staff should once again start maintaining a list of illegitimate players on the forum.
    Wall of Shame also suggested this years ago before

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Traumatiser View Post
    If thats how you really feel and think it should be run then its a lost cause.. I would expect a little slight just a smidgen of 'yeah possibly' but considering your mindset is so fixated on thinking what you and other staff members are doing is right then continue godspeed and enjoy the fall of this server as it continues to crash.
    I don't know what you are refering to here, this?
    Ye I agree. It will feel pointless if you ban someone and then they pop up again 3 months later like "wazzup I'm back! Am I hacking again? U don't know but try me bitch lulz"
    Everything else I said in that post is nothing about what I personally feel, it's how things are currently like.

Yeah I know, it is complicated though and more to it than you think. But I know there are some who are immediately unbanned with the excuse being that "I tried it for one second in training room", and I don't know but I assume that McSic and Dave can tell if that is true or not, and so they might show a bit remorse than what we usually do. But I don't completely know how the GM's run things currently, I've been out of that game since I was a GM myself so I don't know how things really look like right now.

Yeah sure, I got nothing against Rain's idea of showing they were once a hacker, but I can imagine so many people getting warned/infracted because of it since it will still not make bullying okay on the forum, and that badge or w/e is definitely going to start fights.

3 months is actually reasonable considering the current state of the server, but bans for hacking should actually be unconditional and last the full 3 months, followed by some 'recognition' on their in-game/forum profiles when they get unbanned. GunZ players have too much of an ego, so something like this would definitely make people think hard before hacking. We can all see how easy it is to get away with it right now.
    I personally agree with Rain though, I do not think 3 months is enough or ok. What I noticed as a GM was that many people who got themselves banned for hacks, usually hacked again just a few weeks later. If they didn't learn after being banned for 6 months then they're not gonna learn after being banned for just 3 months either.

11. The following user said thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

Rain (01-24-2019)

Thanks
    Yeah sure, I got nothing against Rain's idea of showing they were once a hacker, but I can imagine so many people getting warned/infracted because of it since it will still not make bullying okay on the forum, and that badge or w/e is definitely going to start fights.
    I don't imagine people with special badges or names on the wall of shame would even be active on the forum to become keyboard warriors; they'd most likely be too ashamed. And honestly, this would at least be a valid reason to 'ego' someone instead of the senseless garbage people have been posting there lately.

P.S: I don't even know why something like the Ego board even exists in the first place.

Country
    Thanks
    I don't imagine people with special badges or names on the wall of shame would even be active on the forum to become keyboard warriors; they'd most likely be too ashamed. And honestly, this would at least be a valid reason to 'ego' someone instead of the senseless garbage people have been posting there lately.

P.S: I don't even know why something like the Ego board even exists in the first place.
    They wouldn't show up because people would harass them.

Ego section exists because the community craved for it. I personally think it's retarded since it basically is just bullying but it's always someone saying " Egoing is part of fgunz!"

Rain's Avatar Reality, What is?

Country
    Thanks
    They wouldn't show up because people would harass them.

Ego section exists because the community craved for it. I personally think it's retarded since it basically is just bullying but it's always someone saying " Egoing is part of fgunz!"
    No, Egoing is part of the game which makes the game fun and exciting besides the mechanics ofcourse.
    Yea i can agree that some people get bullied but holy shit most of them ask for it in all honesty.

Some people get destroyed in 1v1's and afterwards they still say dumb shit that make no sens.
    I can understand why some of em get bullied or so tbh not that i'm ok with it, A moderator on the forum could easily just avoid this by telling them to atleast keep it at egoing then bullying.

But to be fair i haven't seen anyone getting bullied, You lost the fight and you still want to talk massive shit, Then you get shit on.

Originally Posted by granitxhaka2 View Post
    I meant the second ban
    It's ok man, You got banned for hacking. You don't try to redeem yourself cause it aint working.
    1 ban for hacking is already to much.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information