Country
    Thanks
    [Intro]Hey there.
    First of, quick and fresh, I like the changes to the server so far. It might not feel like the server is going up because of the player count right now, but great things become great after alot of time. I like the balance changes and reducing the gap by a notch between donor items and normal ones while still keeping donors valuable and useful and overall everything with regards to keeping the balance of powers and leaving more to players hands. More fun.
    Basicaly - I like the changes you've done lately and I see alot of potential in leeching in new players while keeping it smooth for older players(who leave and come back, the cycle continues because of how not demanding of a game gunz is), so what I'm saying is - you just need a few more tweaks to what is already there and it could go well up.
    The website is great.
    So I have some suggestions here, take them or leave them.

[To the point] For the community: keep the ego in check and be more welcoming to potential new player, that, god forbid, might not be so good as you are. I would say, if you are someone with alot of skill and playtime and all in all, been there for quite a while now, don't evaluate new players on their skill so much, but focus on being cool and maybe teach them something. Seriously, the mindset alot of players often get into while playing games like gunz is absolutely toxic and "know it all", and it's something that prevents you from having more fun as well as other people. It's the same in life. Wether or not it's during "aot of ammo" moment or at the job.
    I don't want to tell people how to live their lives, however I'm all about improvement.
    10 people might say "**** this guy" reading this, 1 person might actually take the advice and think about it next time. It's absolutely worth it, if you are not familiar with "the snowball" effect.

To staff: You are doing your job great in terms of events and keeping the "handful, but there" people entertained and it's actually always pretty fun. Regarding the site/shop - I think you could improve the profile/ranking panel 'a notch. It's cool, but it bugs sometimes.
    The shop is so far fine, I think you could add more from those "cosmetics" shit, LeaugeOfLegends succeeded as a "free to play game" with making a good portion of their money from "skins". Anyway, site - 10/10, forum - 10/10, shop - 9/10, balance in game - 9/10; you could improve some weapons to make it more fun, let's say rework snipers a notch so they are actually useful and fun in some situations(maybe make an Event with snipers, from the top of my head); Shotguns as a primary weapon is the right path i think, you could just use what's already there to make it more fun. Of course, some popularity and social media presence won't hurt much too(I like the trailer)

[END]
    All in all, managing a server is much like leading a country, it's the people within that make it great.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to ViktorBCII for this useful post:

GeorgeGFX (02-04-2019), Oriqin (02-05-2019)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Thank you for the feedback! You make some very good points.

4. The following 2 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Polar (02-04-2019), ViktorBCII (02-03-2019)

Thanks
    Gunz isnt for casuals.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Could have had more potential but eh, things happen for a reason.
    I suppose it is sort of stable around 75 people online the last time I checked, sure miss those 500+ days.

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    Look, there's another Bulgarian prowling the forum!

Most of the points you pointed out are already a known fact both to the community and the Staff members, though the community doesn't care at all as GunZ is a dying game and even though it has had it's potential, it would be hard to new players or bring back the awesome community we once had back in 2008-2009.
    Unless FGunZ turns into a really well written code that would be fantastic environment to work on for the developers and create mods such as Blitz and so on, the chances of getting a high player count are pretty low.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

Bipolarity's Avatar ɪɴᴄᴏɢɴɪᴛᴏ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ViktorBCII View Post
    [Intro]Hey there.
    First of, quick and fresh, I like the changes to the server so far. It might not feel like the server is going up because of the player count right now, but great things become great after alot of time. I like the balance changes and reducing the gap by a notch between donor items and normal ones while still keeping donors valuable and useful and overall everything with regards to keeping the balance of powers and leaving more to players hands. More fun.
    Basicaly - I like the changes you've done lately and I see alot of potential in leeching in new players while keeping it smooth for older players(who leave and come back, the cycle continues because of how not demanding of a game gunz is), so what I'm saying is - you just need a few more tweaks to what is already there and it could go well up.
    The website is great.
    So I have some suggestions here, take them or leave them.

[To the point] For the community: keep the ego in check and be more welcoming to potential new player, that, god forbid, might not be so good as you are. I would say, if you are someone with alot of skill and playtime and all in all, been there for quite a while now, don't evaluate new players on their skill so much, but focus on being cool and maybe teach them something. Seriously, the mindset alot of players often get into while playing games like gunz is absolutely toxic and "know it all", and it's something that prevents you from having more fun as well as other people. It's the same in life. Wether or not it's during "aot of ammo" moment or at the job.
    I don't want to tell people how to live their lives, however I'm all about improvement.
    10 people might say "**** this guy" reading this, 1 person might actually take the advice and think about it next time. It's absolutely worth it, if you are not familiar with "the snowball" effect.

To staff: You are doing your job great in terms of events and keeping the "handful, but there" people entertained and it's actually always pretty fun. Regarding the site/shop - I think you could improve the profile/ranking panel 'a notch. It's cool, but it bugs sometimes.
    The shop is so far fine, I think you could add more from those "cosmetics" shit, LeaugeOfLegends succeeded as a "free to play game" with making a good portion of their money from "skins". Anyway, site - 10/10, forum - 10/10, shop - 9/10, balance in game - 9/10; you could improve some weapons to make it more fun, let's say rework snipers a notch so they are actually useful and fun in some situations(maybe make an Event with snipers, from the top of my head); Shotguns as a primary weapon is the right path i think, you could just use what's already there to make it more fun. Of course, some popularity and social media presence won't hurt much too(I like the trailer)

[END]
    All in all, managing a server is much like leading a country, it's the people within that make it great.
    This is what I've been talking about lately. Noone, but absolutely noone wants to come to a game where they don't know anybody, and get mocked because of their lack of skill, and not get entitled to their opinion, because, well ''newgen''.
    A lot of fresh faces that came to FG had more mature thinking than most of the community, and were capable of doing great things. However, seeing the community as it is, made them leave.

Maybe FG doesn't have what it takes to reach the old 500+ days, but we for sure can get a stable 100-150 player count with some effort and positive attitude.

9. The following user said thank you to Bipolarity for this useful post:

ViktorBCII (02-10-2019)

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    I respect the passion and you definitely bring up nice points that several of us have agreed on for months/years now, but I end up saying this in nearly every "let's make GunZ great again" thread. Everything that lives is meant to die, and we just need to let GunZ ride out its last moments until it doesn't become worth it to keep a server up and running anymore. I wouldn't want to keep my grandmother on life support for some insanely long amount of time if she's suffering and dying, all for the sake of my family and me wanting to see her alive for some extra years. Same thing can apply to these GunZ servers. If they've been in a dead position for so long, just ride it out until one day whatever happens, happens. I'm not saying to completely neglect the server right now since obviously people still play and there's some interest. Could just release small updates here and there for bugs and small things. But I definitely see no point in putting in enough effort for a v9 just for it to go no where in the long run.

Even if we all pitch in together as a community and do something right to attract more people, how long is that "buzz" really going to last for on a game that's been around for over a decade that the majority of people lost interest in/have no time for anymore ? And that's only in regards to old players. As far as new players, you could attract a few brand new players here and there, but they're not going to stay with the toxic GunZ community that will never change for the better. No matter what server you play on or what year you reminisce back to, there's always been that troll-like ambiance of "hey **** you noob you suck get good I raped your mom." I've played on servers who tried filtering out those kind of egotistical pricks too, and it just doesn't end up working out well with the player count. It's sad to say, but GunZ needs that toxicity to keep it fueled and interesting.

It obviously goes way more in depth than the few points I talked about and you can get into the mechanics of everything, but I'd rather not write a huge novel right now since these threads always end up concluding the same way anyway and it'd just waste time lol.

I always like to point out though that just because the game comes to an end, that doesn't necessarily mean the community has to come to an end too. Could always find a new game of high interest to fill the void. The forum community is definitely large enough to get it going once it gets started. Just needs the right team behind it.

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Dante's Avatar Nephilim Son Of Sparda

Thanks
    If it wasn't for removing game tags, this game would definitely have some potentials and the old players would still be here.
    But this was voted by most of the players, now GG and go cry that there's no more players left.

12. The following user said thank you to Dante for this useful post:

LizaSoberano (02-05-2019)

Glaizel's Avatar 🐱*👤🆔🉐㊙㊗🈵🈲

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    If it wasn't for removing game tags, this game would definitely have some potentials and the old players would still be here.
    But this was voted by most of the players, now GG and go cry that there's no more players left.

Because, newbie players like to spam shoot spray only, and back in the good old days there are 500 players, which 250 players will be newbie or maybe not good at shotgun so they love spray, and spam rockets at AND.

and v8 is a version where are the newbies are forced to use shotgun, meaning spray is no longer useful. unless u are againts newbie too it will.

There are decent sprayer ingame, that hit every single shot but not every newone can do what others can.

so what newbie can do with 50 playes online most of the time is going Quest.

And sometimes by soloing Quest is kinda boring since there are few Questers Active ingame.

for me i really do like removing the [r] [ia] co'z there are few players use spray now a days.

and the fact i play Turbo Mode, and the none donor snipe is 2 hit while the revolver light, can 2 hit + faster reload than the snipe and more accurate than the sniper.

and aswell the donor snipe, donor snipe should 1 hit every1 even though u have donor set with 2 dual donor ring, well it does deal 260 dmg sometimes, can 1 hit. but most of the time it's just a luck.

Donor Snipe is useless at v8 it should be buff or somthing. like how can u call it a snipe when u can't even 2 hit any1 u need to like 3 hit or maybe 4 sometimes.

thats just my opinion.

14. The following 2 users say thank you to Glaizel for this useful post:

Oriqin (02-05-2019), ViktorBCII (02-10-2019)

Bipolarity's Avatar ɪɴᴄᴏɢɴɪᴛᴏ

Country
    Thanks
    @Eddie, I partly agree with you. However, there is *** and it has a solid 250 player count on average. Plus there are several other servers out there that have a low player count, like 10 and they are just waiting to be closed tbh. We can make something out of it.

@Glaizel, know what would attract questers and sprayers? Unique quests. Unique drops. Something very challenging and difficult, therefore the boss drops should be nice.

16. The following user said thank you to Bipolarity for this useful post:

ViktorBCII (02-12-2019)

Thread Information