Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Problems updating?
    Add Gunz.exe and Launcher.exe (or the FGunZ folder) to the exception list of your anti-virus software and make sure to run Launcher.exe as Administrator!

Hey Freestylers, it's time for an update!

A big shoutout and THANK YOU to S1lent for hopping by and deciding to help us by coding a new and improved Anti-Lead from scratch, while also improving the damage counter to make it more reliable!

ANTI-LEAD 2.0 UPDATE // 02 FEB 2019

0 dmg hits? A thing of the past!

All credits for the great new Anti-Lead and improved damage counter go to our dear S1lent.

Changes In Detail:

• Completely new Anti-Lead - no 0 dmg hits, no unnecessary code

• Improved Damage Counter (a tad slower, but much more reliable)

• Changed shotgun spray back to the default/vanilla value

• Fixed Invisible Avatars: You can no longer override certain avatars that would cause invisible combinations

• Added 2 second spawn protection to all game modes (except for Duels) to prevent instant-spawn-killing

• Increased max worlditem amount (medikits, repairkits, landmines, etc.) from 30 to 256 so you can have more fun in training rooms

• Less False-Positives

• Performance Improvements

We hope you enjoy this update as much as we do,
    see you ingame!

2. The following 14 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

BerS (02-03-2019), cabel (02-03-2019), EternalBeast (02-03-2019), Fay (02-03-2019), Ganggbangg (02-03-2019), Jonathan pls (02-04-2019), Kyousuke (02-03-2019), Nimer (02-03-2019), Nogamenolife (02-03-2019), Polar (02-03-2019), Rain (02-03-2019), Tzunami best0 (02-03-2019), ViktorBCII (02-03-2019)

Kavi's Avatar 👑 King 👑

Country
    Thanks
    Thanks.

Polar's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Thank you very much

Banned

Thanks
    thank you sir! waz fun testing

Country
    Thanks
    well done ty
    but the avatars in the inventory needs to be fixed the char neck appeared somehow but in the gameplay all good ty

Thanks
    Originally Posted by samert View Post
    well done ty
    but the avatars in the inventory needs to be fixed the char neck appeared somehow but in the gameplay all good ty
    Thanks for pointing that out. Glad it's good in the gameplay though, that's what matters the most.

Thanks
    Thanks for the update!
    Is there a reason why the spread was increased again? I'm curious as to how it would've worked out with the new anti-lead.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    Thanks for the update!
    Is there a reason why the spread was increased again? I'm curious as to how it would've worked out with the new anti-lead.
    While I personally liked the improved accuracy, because I knew what to expect from it, I believe many other players did not.

Many players are used to the wide spray, because it's been like that since the existance of GunZ. Many players have played GunZ with that exact same shotgun spray for 2, 5, 10 years.

- A 20% accuracy change is quite radical and some players really don't like that because it changes gameplay quite a bit
    - Wider spray is more forgiving, your aim doesn't have to be 10/10
    - Even if your aim is 10/10, your bullets are more likely to miss if you don't know where bullets are going (I think some users don't know that shotgun bullets often don't go dead center of your crosshair, especially when moving/k-styling) so a 10/10 aim doesn't help if you don't really know how shotgun shots work

E.g. some players complained about PBs only dealing 10-20 damage (which is not Anti-Lead's fault, Anti-Lead either sends the full damage packet or none - not each pellet of the shotgun as seperate packet - so if it was Anti-Lead's fault it would be 0 dmg, but if you deal say 10 or 20 damage, the Antilead is doing its job just fine (the new antilead that is, the previous one which we had for the longest time in V8 worked a little differently)), possibly because they didn't know that shotgun shots don't always go dead center of your crosshair. With that tighter spray you will miss more bullets up close if you don't have this information - which brings me back to the argument that wider spray is more forgiving, often you would hit more bullets up close with it

- Also, with the increased accuracy / tighter spray, shotguns were a little 'too strong' on distance - often causing hard hits on long distance which you wouldn't expect because you and others aren't used to it. In situations where you normally would continue to fight with yellow HP due to distance, knowing it usually takes multiple hits to take you down from that distance, you were suddenly much more likely to get taken down in 1/2 shots due to that tighter spray

All in all I would say, players just weren't used to it. The improved accuracy felt good to me because I knew what to expect from it but I believe many other players did not, causing some odd () situations for them - possibly even making them think Antilead was at fault when sometimes it really wasn't.

10. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

EternalBeast (02-03-2019)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    While I personally liked the improved accuracy, because I knew what to expect from it, I believe many other players did not.
    I personally liked the 20% reduced spray felt way more rewarding to me.
    Guess I now have to get used to this spread again

12. The following user said thank you to BanRays for this useful post:

Valde (02-05-2019)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Nice update but it still feels really rng just played a few rounds and at one stage i hit like 3-4 and did like 60dmg but other times didnt feel like I hit hard n did like 300+ just feels really inconsistent might just be me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information