Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ANAEL View Post
    yall listen to people cant even aim and messing with the server lol no wonder fg loses so much players
    Not sure if you knew but you can actually go on the dev server and test the stuff I'm posting here and give us your feedback, which would actually be useful to shape the server and improve it instead of ranting 'yall shit cant aim' without contributing anything to the thread. If you don't like the spray change, so be it. That is important feedback, too. But at least test it before you post. If you didn't even test any of these changes, your feedback has zero value.

And if any of this was on the live client, your post would at least make sense.

2. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Hart (02-26-2019)

Thanks
    Hey!

I tried the latest 3 new spreads and think that each and every one of them surpass the one we have right now on the live server.
    The latest 12 pellet spread felt great, however it had some major flaws. At medium to long ranges you did more damage by missing the target on purpose. So for example leading 30-100 ping depending on the range of the target gave you more damage.

The latest spread with 25 pellets feel really good. The damage is consistent on all ranges, except while playing long range (town middle maximum range) you deal more damage while leading 10 ping instead of actually hitting the target on the center of mass. (15dmg to 10 with lbs)
    Damage while moving, especially with latedash. No longer feels like you're sacrificing damage for movement since the damage feels consistent even while moving.

IS OPINION THX DONT CRUCIFAI,
    Nick

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Awful View Post
    Hey!

I tried the latest 3 new spreads and think that each and every one of them surpass the one we have right now on the live server.
    The latest 12 pellet spread felt great, however it had some major flaws. At medium to long ranges you did more damage by missing the target on purpose. So for example leading 30-100 ping depending on the range of the target gave you more damage.

The latest spread with 25 pellets feel really good. The damage is consistent on all ranges, except while playing long range (town middle maximum range) you deal more damage while leading 10 ping instead of actually hitting the target on the center of mass. (15dmg to 10 with lbs)
    Damage while moving, especially with latedash. No longer feels like you're sacrificing damage for movement since the damage feels consistent even while moving.

IS OPINION THX DONT CRUCIFAI,
    Nick
    Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks
    More opinions please. I would like to know if this is better than what we have on the live server. Btw due to shotguns being a little OP with that new 25 pellet spray I would reduce all SG damage by 1 to fix that. So you should rather test it with 9 dmg SGs right now, not 10 damage LBs.

Any feedback is appreciated, so feel free to test it. Good or bad, it matters.

Country
    Thanks
    Played about 30 rounds. The spread definitely favors highly accurate players.
    PB's do a shit ton if its a direct hit. 2-3 shooting someone is highly plausible. https://clips.twitch.tv/SpicyMistyElkUncleNox
    However, if you even slightly miss, you'll do almost no dmg. https://clips.twitch.tv/ObliqueBitte...utterJellyTime
    So basically the game is harder now but its rewarding when you actually aim.
    So, the question is, do you want to make the server harder for players and widen the skill gap?
    Especially when the server is at the position it currently is at now.

Also, damage definitely needs to be reduced for this spread.

7. The following 3 users say thank you to Hart for this useful post:

jackiechan (03-02-2019), S1lent (03-01-2019), Skilly (03-01-2019)

Glaizel's Avatar 🐱*👤🆔🉐㊙㊗🈵🈲

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    PB's do a shit ton if its a direct hit. 2-3 shooting someone is highly plausible. https://clips.twitch.tv/SpicyMistyElkUncleNox
    However, if you even slightly miss, you'll do almost no dmg. https://clips.twitch.tv/ObliqueBitte...utterJellyTime
    So, the question is, do you want to make the server harder for players and widen the skill gap?

10 damage 2 shots 5m away. with LBs that needs to be fix

9. The following user said thank you to Glaizel for this useful post:

jackiechan (03-02-2019)

Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback so far. It's correct that players with better aim get rewarded by dealing more damage, I thought that's how it's supposed to be.

And regarding damage, as I said:
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Btw due to shotguns being a little OP with that new 25 pellet spray I would reduce all SG damage by 1 to fix that. So you should rather test it with 9 dmg SGs right now, not 10 damage LBs.
    - - - - -

I will not include this spray in the next live server update yet (not enough feedback), but rather a small change for better pellet distribution to improve shotgun spray slightly.

11. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

jackiechan (03-02-2019)

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hart View Post

This is exactly how the current spread works right now - accurate aim = high dmg, less accurate aim = low dmg.
    Theres no reason to implement this new thing it will only make things worse as you stated the game becomes HARDER which is ALREADY hard enough.
    Please stop messing around the spread and any other stuff like hitbox.
    Last edited by Flow; 03-01-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    It's correct that players with better aim get rewarded by dealing more damage, I thought that's how it's supposed to be.

I agree that thats how it should be too, static spread is the most logical spread simply because gunz is a skill based game. However, judging by the servers position, implementing a static spread might not be a good idea. The static spread will only benefit highly accurate players, which is now only a very little percentage of the community. I don't think the server is in a position to make the game harder for casual players. Sadly, catering to cwer's isnt a good approach anymore.
    Static spread would've also been greatly beneficial when it comes to reviewing reports for hb/ab/af and any other enhance for aiming. But ohwell.

However, i feel that the discussion for reducing the number of spread patterns might still be a good idea for a balance between both competitive and casual players.
    Tweaking the spread % for casual players and reducing the spread patterns for competitive players.

Originally Posted by Flow View Post
    This is exactly how the current spread works right now - accurate aim = high dmg, less accurate aim = low dmg.
    Not really, the live server's spread is still RNG based. It is not as OP for accurate players than the test server with static spread
    Last edited by Hart; 03-01-2019 at 10:08 PM.

14. The following user said thank you to Hart for this useful post:

jackiechan (03-02-2019)

Thanks
    I will do a few optional (and experimental) changes next update and we will see how it goes from there.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information