I'm on testing right now if anybody wants to do some damage tests

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the spread it self though, it is very good

Country
    Thanks
    3 shots next to each other at mid range = https://i.imgur.com/G7f1ZdQ.jpg
    4-5 shots stacked from mid range = https://i.imgur.com/khPGIVc.jpg
    3-4 shots stacked from long range = https://i.imgur.com/jXSudJL.jpg

This is just for people who won't bother going on the dev. server. Spread looks a lot more consistent as you can see.

Country
    Thanks
    Did plenty of 1v1/air duel with Shang. And it feels great, at times when I did little DMG, it felt fair because I knew that the hits that I have landed were weak, and the hits that I know I landed well, did do plenty of DMG. We tested with lvl 1 SGs, and it felt better than live does with LBs right now. We did test LBs later on, and they feel just as good, just do more DMG of course.

Spread also looks really cool, and the 1 guaranteed pellet is an amazing thing, makes hitting across castle bridges etc. very satisfying...

Great job! Looking forward to the live release!

4. The following user said thank you to Skilly for this useful post:

Shang (02-23-2019)

Country
    Thanks
    Did some more 1v1, duel and 2v2. It still feels great, fair, and consistent to me (even against people with 100 ping). Same does not go for some of the people I've played against though, they said that they still experience a lot of inconsistency with SGs (they could probably share more about this).

They would like to try the vanilla spread from V7, would be great if you could make that happen on the testing server McSic. I personally think the new spread is perfect, but I would like to see how the old vanilla spread compares to it.
    Last edited by Skilly; 02-23-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    Idk about this spread i still get this

16 dmg while aiming pretty well and not too far away

DVB_PPhfSiKFiSS0f9CVNQ.png

Last edited by BanRays; 02-23-2019 at 07:11 PM.

autism's Avatar TBG.

Country
    Thanks
    didnt affect my hitbox

/request close

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by BanRays View Post
    Idk about this spread i still get this

16 dmg while aiming pretty well and not too far away

DVB_PPhfSiKFiSS0f9CVNQ.png

https://youtu.be/86njJzfCaXA
    I mean, looking at the video, you weren't really in PB range the moment you shot, so couldn't expect much damage. Now looking at the video in 0,25x speed I can see that you actually moved the crosshair to the left of the character a moment before/when you shot. So you weren't really on character the moment you shot to be honest. You were pretty off actually. Watch it in 0,25x on YouTube to see it.

Your crosshair the moment you pulled the trigger:

Your aim was good when watching the video in full speed, but in 0,25x you see you really just moved your crosshair to the left, away from the character, the moment you shot.

Originally Posted by Skilly View Post
    Did some more 1v1, duel and 2v2. It still feels great, fair, and consistent to me (even against people with 100 ping). Same does not go for some of the people I've played against though, they said that they still experience a lot of inconsistency with SGs (they could probably share more about this).

They would like to try the vanilla spread from V7, would be great if you could make that happen on the testing server McSic. I personally think the new spread is perfect, but I would like to see how the old vanilla spread compares to it.
    I see I see. Thanks for the feedback. I would like to hear from them. It could be that the inner ring is a little too wide, I could make the inner ring a little tighter so more of the inner ring bullets hit if you're on target. Maybe that improves it, but maybe that makes shotguns a little too strong on long range. Or maybe people just misjudge their own aim.

The vanilla spread from V7 is gunz vanilla spread, which is the same spread we had from February 2nd to February 5th and the one many people complained about (due to the inconsistency) after playing with the 20% reduced spread. That's why I went back to 20% reduced spread on February 5th. So the current spread in V8 is really just vanilla spread but 20% tighter, which makes it a little less random and more consistent, but still inconsistent. Vanilla is not consistent at all as you can tell, plus see the picture I posted a few pages before. Vanilla spread means bullets can land anywhere in the huge circle, they aren't even more likely to land in the center. Just anywhere. Very inconsistent from that point of view. The semi-static spread of the dev server is much better compared to that. But yeah, I'm ready to adjust it. Just need opinions.

9. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Ganggbangg (02-24-2019)

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Or maybe people just misjudge their own aim.
    This is why it will never be perfect for everyone. I say just make it have more consistency and be done with it. At least the rogue pellets are gone. If your aim is generally good then you will do more damage than if your aim is generally bad. It's not complicated, it's actually very simple.
    Last edited by S1lent; 02-24-2019 at 04:12 AM.

11. The following user said thank you to S1lent for this useful post:

Ganggbangg (02-24-2019)

Saiyan's Avatar Champion.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by S1lent View Post
    This is why it will never be perfect for everyone.
    You can't please everyone.

In the end, playing legit pays off.
    Originally Posted by DesiBoii View Post
    me and saiyan bffs

13. The following user said thank you to Saiyan for this useful post:

S1lent (02-24-2019)

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
    You can't please everyone.
    Going to need to make it an adjustable room option in order to give everyone the ability to play it their way. Which is likely over a thousand different ways.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information