Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thanks
    Suggestion type: FGunZ

Suggestion description:

The 20% lowered spread to increase accuracy doesn't feel "accurate" at all - it's just a constant 10-20 damage hit spree for some of us. People are able to block 3 full shots/36 pellets with a single block, which seems ridiculous. The previous patch with vanilla spread and the new antilead seemed to be pretty good after a long time, and it's what Gunz players have always been used to.

My suggestion is to either bring back the vanilla spread or reduce it only by 10% rather than 20%, so people with either preferences can compromise equally. Some people tried the more "accurate" spread only for 3 weeks and act like they can't play Gunz without it anymore. What about rest of the players who are used to the vanilla spread since the beginning? The anti-lead seems to be good and there are no more 0 damage hits, but the spread still continues to be an issue for many of us.

I'm not going to post a poll because several active players don't use the forums, and I don't think considering votes of inactive players who only lurk the forums are an accurate way to determine whether changes are required or not. I'm hoping we can test a slightly lowered accuracy value and see how things go.
    Last edited by EternalBeast; 02-16-2019 at 01:02 AM.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

Dicaprio (02-16-2019), Skilly (02-16-2019), ViktorBCII (02-16-2019)

Bipolarity's Avatar ɪɴᴄᴏɢɴɪᴛᴏ

Country
    Thanks
    I can second this. The blocking thing is so true

Country
    Thanks
    Blocking is one thing, but damage just feels all around inconsistent. So inconsistent that I can no longer trust my instincts as to when someone is supposed to die, after playing these last few updates (and just V8 in general), I got used to the fact that people might require a few more shots than they should, and that isn't a good thing.
    If I know I hit 3 good shots, I want the person to die, I don't want to look in the corner of my eye to see a lousy 90 damage.

It feels like the whole SG game right now is RNG based, I can feel it in turbo too, sometimes requiring 3-4 close range shots to kill someone with 2 LBs (before the update that made people invincible for a short span of time too). I might just be hitting bad, but I don't think I could be so inconsistent to a point where I can 3-4 shot one round, and then do ~160 dmg with 8-10 hits the next round.

I think the anti-lead is good now, I haven't really had any issues regarding 0 damage shots and stuff... but the issue with the damage consistency remains, and it feels very much RNG based, and for a game like this - a skill based game - it's bad.

I know some people get so frustrated by this that they literally quit the server and go play GunZ elsewhere. I don't want FG to die, as that's the only server I play, but the player count keeps decreasing, and with that, my motivation to play the game, and I'm sure many people feel the same way.

I'd say play around with the spread, I still don't see why you are worried about trying out static spread, thinking that it is too much of a massive game changer, as people are too "used" to the vanilla spread. With that logic, I hope you realize that 20% spread change is also a massive game changer, and static spread could POSSIBLY have a few nice advantages such as:
    -> No RNG shots (as no RNG spread), if you hit well, you get your damage (people complain about random spread on games like Fortnite too).
    -> Easier to validate with anti-lead (I'm not sure how AL works on GunZ, but static spread sounds like something that could help with making it easier to validate/confirm shots/hits).
    -> No RNG.
    -> Easier to spot hackers, as you don't have to consider random RNG pellets regarding damage etc..
    -> And did I mention that there would be no RNG involved with static spread?

TLDR: Static spread for the win. Please try it out, and hey, if it doesn't work, change it back. :]
    Last edited by Skilly; 02-16-2019 at 01:38 AM.

5. The following 4 users say thank you to Skilly for this useful post:

Castiel (02-16-2019), EternalBeast (02-16-2019), Hart (02-16-2019), Tzunami best0 (02-16-2019)

ijramist's Avatar 𝗶𝗷𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁

Country
    Thanks
    Poll is a poll.
    /Close

Zoro's Avatar DLL

Country
    Thanks
    anti is fine , your just bad.

btw akimbo2 is ant ... since you were asking hart non stop

8. The following user said thank you to Zoro for this useful post:

Manipulate (02-16-2019)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    anti is fine , your just bad.

btw akimbo2 is ant ... since you were asking hart non stop
    Ok princess. Wasn't even talking about the anti, but your input is appreciated. Thank you.

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    tbh i dont experience this at all, damage is fine to me.

11. The following user said thank you to Ganggbangg for this useful post:

ViktorBCII (02-16-2019)

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Dmg is good as long as you aim well (center)
    About the block part - just aim the feet/legs, now with the reduced spread its even better since your pellets will actually hit feet/legs unlike the vanilla spread where your pellets could go anywhere.

13. The following 2 users say thank you to Flow for this useful post:

samert (02-28-2019), ViktorBCII (02-16-2019)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Flow View Post
    Dmg is good as long as you aim well (center)
    About the block part - just aim the feet/legs, now with the reduced spread its even better since your pellets will actually hit feet/legs unlike the vanilla spread where your pellets could go anywhere.
    this guys probably one of the guys who survives like the scrubs in my clips. Its almost like i proved everything you said wrong
    https://www.twitch.tv/monkey226/clip...e=7d&sort=time
    https://www.twitch.tv/monkey226/clip...e=7d&sort=time
    Last edited by Tetra; 02-16-2019 at 05:03 PM.

15. The following 4 users say thank you to Tetra for this useful post:

autism (02-16-2019), Azula (03-01-2019), EternalBeast (02-16-2019), Skilly (02-16-2019)

Thanks
    ^
    I admit it's normal to get unlucky with the pellets sometimes, but these PB fails happen way too often with the current spread.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information