Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    It basically consists of center + 3 rings. The third ring isn't visible in the picture but just imagine having another ring between the inner and the outer ring for 4 bullets, which makes them more likely to stay between the outer ring and the inner ring to have a good balanced pattern.

Just a bit of testing and value adjustments are all it needs I think.

2. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

jackiechan (02-21-2019)

FGunZ Legend

Country
    Thanks
    You can modify the center image to overlap for the closer you get, modify it to recognize the correct dist. to the player and increase/decrease the size of the center circle internally, dont use images for it because it will give a performance drop (considering fps) with the image changing so quickly all the time, instead just hardcode the circumference values for one circle inside another(The current hitbox), increasing and decreasing the inner circle with just code, changing the inner circles circumference bigger or smaller, setting the outer circle( the whole hitbox) as the limit

- - - Updated - - -

If you need i can help you with coding it

FGunZ Legend

Country
    Thanks
    Set specific distance for minimum circle, itll stay as such until you reach x distance from player, then increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not the bullets that are the prob, you dont want to make it sovthat if 1 bullet hits, they are all adjusted to hit the circle. Thats why the spread was how it was before. Its the hitbox thats the issue

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by AKAInjury View Post
    why u delete my comment? pathetic
    Please refrain from posting negative comments, we want to make the server better and fit the needs of the players. Thats probably why ur post was deleted, it wasnt helpful

FGunZ Legend

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    It basically consists of center + 3 rings. The third ring isn't visible in the picture but just imagine having another ring between the inner and the outer ring for 4 bullets, which makes them more likely to stay between the outer ring and the inner ring to have a good balanced pattern.

Just a bit of testing and value adjustments are all it needs I think.
    Increase and decrease the circles to mirror the distance of the player, it wouldnt take much code and would solve distance/bullet and damage ratios all at once

Thanks
    Originally Posted by AncientVu View Post
    You can modify the center image to overlap for the closer you get, modify it to recognize the correct dist. to the player and increase/decrease the size of the center circle internally, dont use images for it because it will give a performance drop (considering fps) with the image changing so quickly all the time, instead just hardcode the circumference values for one circle inside another(The current hitbox), increasing and decreasing the inner circle with just code, changing the inner circles circumference bigger or smaller, setting the outer circle( the whole hitbox) as the limit

- - - Updated - - -

If you need i can help you with coding it
    Images aren't used anywhere in code.

Are you messing up the word hitbox with spray pattern? Do you want to modify the spray pattern of shotguns based on distance to the player?

Modifying the inner ring based on player distance really isn't a good thing, I think.

Think of this as the 'controlled randomness' pattern:

All it needs is testing and possibly value adjustments (spray, rings, distance) to have a fair pattern.

7. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

jackiechan (02-21-2019)

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    How do you apply to test this new change ? I'd like to test it out

ijramist's Avatar 𝗶𝗷𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁

Country
    Thanks
    The current engines and systems are too stable and consistent.
    Just don't PLAY too much with it... keep it as it is. If you whine then get a damn aim ffs.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ganggbangg View Post
    How do you apply to test this new change ? I'd like to test it out
    I can post it on the forums or just hit you up on Skype. The last time I waited for people to test changes the only ones that showed up were the ones I asked directly.

FGunZ Legend

Country
    Thanks
    The difference in weapons is the accuracy of them. Shotguns wouldnt be the only thing affected by it, but it would mess with rockets and nades, so i suppose its not the best of ideas

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    I can post it on the forums or just hit you up on Skype. The last time I waited for people to test changes the only ones that showed up were the ones I asked directly.
    You can hit me up on skype, i could probably get some other people to test too.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information