Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    The crazy rng spread definitely needs to have priority before fixing the shotgun damages. I remember there was actual progress about the spread a couple months ago. Don't know why it got pushed to the side.

2. The following user said thank you to Hart for this useful post:

Valde (04-25-2019)

Thanks
    i got a bunch of them when i randomyl play this server here and there. My medium range and far range shots do mrore than close range and even people standing still when i backstab them
    https://www.twitch.tv/beetown07/clip...=all&sort=time

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
    i got a bunch of them when i randomyl play this server here and there. My medium range and far range shots do mrore than close range and even people standing still when i backstab them
    Yui is just dmg reducing

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
    If you turn on shot effects you would at least see where your pellets go.

Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    The crazy rng spread definitely needs to have priority before fixing the shotgun damages. I remember there was actual progress about the spread a couple months ago. Don't know why it got pushed to the side.
    Because during the test phase I have noticed that there's 2 clear seperate bases:

1) players that want less RNG, ideally static spread, which actually increases/widens the skill gap - less RNG means good players become better and bad players become worse

2) players that are against a wider skill gap and want things to stay as they are

Both bases are understandable and - while less RNG sounds like a good thing at first - it's clear why further increasing / widening the skill gap is actually a bad idea. If you don't have a high amount of players you don't want to seperate them further.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Maybe Dave/McSic should just reconsider the balance patch they made with all the shotguns.

Adding Light & Heavy shotguns could have been a good idea back in the day when there was larger player base.
    As of now there are only a handfull players (IDK Anyone) using either one of those making them (Light & heavy sgs) pretty much untouched. Which is a shame knowing that great shotguns models are not being used because of their limitations.

By balancing the Limitbreaker/X's (And other shotguns) I was hoping we could get a little bit IJJI vibe that most of us loved.
    With the damage/delay/ammo suggestion I was hoping to turn the Limitbreaker/X into how the pioneer worked back then.
    Also I was hoping to reduce the amount of 3/4 shotting on the current server, cause of right now it's way to easy to pull them of.

To give you guys an idea about how ridiculous the Limit breaker/X's damage is currently.

10 damage
    0 pellets each shot miss: 120, 240, 360 (100% accuracy)
    1 pellets each shot miss: 110, 220, 330 (3 of 36 missed 91,67% accuracy)
    2 pellets each shot miss: 100, 200, 300 (6 of 36 missed 83,33% accuracy)
    3 pellets each shot miss: 90, 180, 270 (9 of 36 missed 75% accuracy)
    4 pellets each shot miss: 80, 160, 240 (12 of 36 missed 66,67% accuracy)

9 damage
    0 pellets each shot miss: 108, 216, 324 (100% accuracy)
    1 pellets each shot miss: 99, 198, 297 (3 of 36 missed 91,67% accuracy)
    2 pellets each shot miss: 90, 180, 270 (6 of 36 missed 83,33% accuracy)
    3 pellets each shot miss: 81, 162, 243 (9 of 36 missed 75% accuracy)
    4 pellets each shot miss: 72, 144, 216 (12 of 36 missed 66,67% accuracy)

8 damage
    0 pellets each shot miss: 96, 192, 288 (100% accuracy)
    1 pellets each shot miss: 88, 176, 264 (3 of 36 missed 91,67% accuracy)
    2 pellets each shot miss: 80, 160, 240 (6 of 36 missed 83,33% accuracy)
    3 pellets each shot miss: 72, 144, 216 (9 of 36 missed 75% accuracy)
    4 pellets each shot miss: 64, 128, 192 (12 of 36 missed 66,67% accuracy)
    Last edited by UI_Yui; 05-07-2019 at 03:22 AM.

#1Chef's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post

Because during the test phase I have noticed that there's 2 clear seperate bases:

1) players that want less RNG, ideally static spread, which actually increases/widens the skill gap - less RNG means good players become better and bad players become worse

2) players that are against a wider skill gap and want things to stay as they are

Both bases are understandable and - while less RNG sounds like a good thing at first - it's clear why further increasing / widening the skill gap is actually a bad idea. If you don't have a high amount of players you don't want to seperate them further.
    I think there's already a pretty clear gap between the players, the skilled players usually stick to CW (when there's anyone available to) or rotation TDMs or Duel, they're very rarely in AnD rooms or big Garden TDMs. Skill isn't just about aim so there will always be this gap with these 2 groups existing, that's how the GunZ community always has been.

Yes playercount is low now however most complaints we see are from those skilled players, the bad players usually just adjust and stick to playing against each other regardless. In my opinion we should put the spread testing back on the table and have it public on the dev server as it was before and get the feedback (as long as people actually turn up to the testing).

The rebalancing of shotguns can be discussed after the spread discussion has been resolved. Just my opinion.

8. The following 6 users say thank you to #1Chef for this useful post:

CamelBoyMoh (05-07-2019), Hart (05-07-2019), Mike (05-07-2019), Ommadawn (05-07-2019), ShawnBrah (05-07-2019), Valde (05-07-2019)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by #1Chef View Post
    I think there's already a pretty clear gap between the players, the skilled players usually stick to CW (when there's anyone available to) or rotation TDMs or Duel, they're very rarely in AnD rooms or big Garden TDMs. Skill isn't just about aim so there will always be this gap with these 2 groups existing, that's how the GunZ community always has been.

Yes playercount is low now however most complaints we see are from those skilled players, the bad players usually just adjust and stick to playing against each other regardless. In my opinion we should put the spread testing back on the table and have it public on the dev server as it was before and get the feedback (as long as people actually turn up to the testing).

The rebalancing of shotguns can be discussed after the spread discussion has been resolved. Just my opinion.
    I agree and I will this time make an appearance to test it myself with my absolutely super intellectual insight on the matter dont you worry I'll make sure that jungle cant gank me 3x so can we still win.

Banned

Country
    Thanks

I agree with you on getting the spread fixed and having it public on the dev server.
    fgunz clearly has been struggling for who knows how long with the spread, and I think we as a community could/should help them out on the public server.

However I'd like to see the rebalancing of shotguns before or even better at once.
    Rebalancing the shotguns doesn't nearly take as much time as fixing the spread issue, could be done within a month and will slightly reduce the spread problem (Less damage taken, more time to recover from spread problem).

CamelBoyMoh's Avatar Sexy Beast

Thanks

Jesus is that you? Please do this. First day back and I already notice the spread issue.
    MESS WITH MY BUGATTI AND GET BURNT

CREDITS TO YODA FOR THE PICTURE OF MY LONG LOST CAMEL BUGGATI

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post

Since competitive players, like chef said, usually stick to cw and 'bad' players stick to playing with themselves for the most part (not in cw), and since cw is considered the main competitive area in gunz since theres no esports or anything of the sorts, why not change the rules of items in clan wars, like some of the rules we already have in cw and rules other games add to their competitive scene to make it actually 100% skill based;
    100% static spread in cw, and the current spread everywhere else (maybe 100% in the event channel incase theres ever an event with shotguns involved).

You could also apply this recommendation for a time period because doing this in a test server is problematic when youre not gonna get more than 10 players online at once, make changes for like a week or a month and see how players react, and make changes accordingly.

13. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Hart (05-08-2019)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information