HuskyBW's Avatar [B]east [W]arrior

Country
    Thanks
    [ Introduction ]

Hello FGunZ Players and Devs,

Got an idea to suggest to you all and I want your thoughts about it, either you up for or against my idea if brought on the table with a great argument to it. I'm also up for additional or ways to upgrade the idea into something more concrete.

[ The issue/problem right now ]

Of course in 1vs1 having 125/100 is ok to deal with (Even if I personally would make it a bit higher) but in TDMs let's say you go X direction and your teammates goes in Y direction (Or it could be one of your teammate not sticking in group) Then you face 2 or 3 enemies all alone, shotties hurts so bad even from far, our characters/stats are so squishy you only last a few seconds without any chance to escape, since there's anti-lead and a lot of high pingers.

Without mentioning there's no more Vials/Pills for fast/quick healing.

The fun isn't there anymore, especially for news or casuals players.

I know there's some wannabe Gosu here that can 11-0 anybody on this server, but that's far from being everyone/majority case ^^' xD

[ How this idea came in my mind ? ]

After reading a lot of nerf "X" items or remove "Y" items to balance the game. This game already been nerfed on several aspect (I was personally more fan of what FG was back in V6, but V6 is long gone and today we're talking about V8 his future).

Players are mostly talking about making the dmg/delay from donators shotties even lower. Sorry but if we end up having donors sg with the same stats as regular items that would make no sense having bought or to buy them.

Anyway either with donors sg or regulars sg, our character's stats are so low/squishy it wouldn't make any or much difference at all. There's some players crying about "Ohhh you won the game, cuz you a donator noob, ezpz, blablabla" you could literally give a 15 dmg shotty to some players here and they would still lose to a 9/10 dmg shotty user because they're so bad. And today, our players are lucky they can get 1 Lucky Box everyday and 100 coins every 10 days. I played this server a sh*t tons of hours I didn't had this chance back then. Then I thought about something, how helping baddies or weeker players on this server ?

[ What is the idea ? ]

Some short of "Handicap" game option, you get a few extra HP/AP regarding how bad you're. That would make that random weak player at 0.2 K/D with 0-22 in a TDM somewhat useful/harder to kill lol. And the Pros could brag themself owning players having less or no extra HP/AP because they're too good, they're gods of FGunZ.

1st Version of the idea : More or less HP/AP regarding our actual K/D ratio (Either you're 0.1 or 3.0+ K/D)

Having some extra or less HP/AP regarding our K/D, if you're bad the server will give some extra HP/AP, if you're too good the server reduce your HP/AP by a few amount. The lowest K/D you're the more HP/AP you get, The higher K/D you're the more HP/AP you lose. (If you start at 1.5 K/D for 0-0, players between 1.5~1.4 K/D would get +3/+3 and players between 1.5~1.6 would get -3/-3, etc. (Numbers could be different to like +2,+2 or +1,+1 or +10/+5, etc. (That part would have to be tested and discuss by the dev team)

2nd Version of the idea : More HP to players under 1.5 K/D ratio (The needed ratio could be higher or lower)

Let the game unchanged for those with a ratio of 1.5 K/D+ and every one under 1.5 K/D gets a few extra HP/AP regarding their actual K/D so in other word a player with 1.3 K/D should have more HP/AP then someone at 1.5+ but the dude at 0.7 K/D should have more HP/AP than the dude at 1.3 K/D and vice-versa

Let's say you're 125/100 (Naked) it could looks something like :

1.5 K/D+ unchanged (125/100)

1.5~1.4 K/D +3 HP/+3 AP (128/103)
    1.4~1.3 K/D +3 HP/+3 AP (131/106)
    1.3~1.2 K/D +3 HP/+3 AP (134/109)
    1.2~1.1 K/D +3 HP/+3 AP (137/112)
    1.0~0.9 K/D +3 HP/+3 AP (140/115)
    0.9~0.8 K/D +3 HP/+3 AP (143/118)
    0.8~0.7 K/D +3 HP/+3 AP (146/121)
    0.6~0.5 K/D +3 HP/+3 AP (149/124)
    etc.

Like this it would make the game great and fair for everyone, regardless their skills/ratio !

It could be known as [H]andicap Roomtag but of course that option could be disable if not desired just as [V]anilla or [R]eload or [IA]Inf. Ammo or [L]ead

And NOT ENABLE in Clan Wars or any tournament, because we might some players complaning "QQ I'm 1.4 K/D and the other dude is 1.2 K/D he had only 4 HP left, without this sh*tty boost I would have won the clan wars my life ins ruined T_T T_T T_T"

[ Possible known issues ]

Possible issue : Pro players could just get a bad K/D on purpose to get that extra health. (Brought up by Shang)

How to counter : Maybe there could be some way to restrict that, like if your K/D change drastically in a very short period of time, the server could put a limit to the daily/weekly or per games the maximum effective change. Like either you can only up by 0.1 or going down by 0.1 once per day or per 3 days or per weeks allowed. (Brought up by Husky) Limits n' Numbers should be discuss between the dev team.

[ Conclusion ]

I'm using that kind of option in Super Smash Bros if I'm playing against weaker players, otherwise the match would be 1-sided only =/ Which sucks for the other dude that might end up saying "Let's do something else or play another game" just like it's happening on FGunZ I know the game itself is very old, 2019's Kids prefer Fortnite, LoL, Dota, etc.

But I've been playing GunZ since his 1st launch and I can tell that many of my friends and old friends stopped playing the game, not because the game itself is bad (They were the one who's bad I know xD) only because it was way too hard for them and they weren't having fun getting blown up and wait 3-5 minutes for the next round to start and then getting blown up again... Spending 2 hours mostly watching your team play as spectator, feeling worthless, getting insulted by his own team doesn't make him/her wanna stay much on. You guys are humans, you know and I guess you can understand what I'm saying here.

Also sadly weaker players doesn't have the player base we had back like on iGunZ with 6 servers always full 1200/1200 each one of them. (Full of Noobs, Casuals, Averages, Pros, Godlikes players) You'were stuck in on the login screen for at least 3 minutes if not more to get a spot on the server.

Also, for example, I do play Rocket League, I'm lucky being able to play against Bronze, Silver and Gold because I'm bad, I struggle to get Gold rank xD but let's say we're in years 2040, barely any players still playing the game anymore and the only kind of player you face are 20+ years experimented players, that already won some tournament, etc. The little noobie won't have any chance or fun getting r--e unless he likes it >.<

If we want to make GunZ least a little bit longer while it can, today in 2019, with some players fresh or old meats. I do think my suggestion deserve to be thinking about and upgraded with other's suggestions to it.

Thank you so much for reading me up !

Looking forward for replies =)
    Last edited by HuskyBW; 04-25-2019 at 02:48 AM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by HuskyBW View Post

Having some extra or less HP/AP regarding our K/D that would make baddies/noobs somewhat usefull instead of being 0-22 in a TDM game full of pros. And the pros that enjoy to brag about themself, how strong they are, how good they are, if they're soooo good with their 2.0+ K/D ratio, I guess having a few HP/AP less wouldn't mind them, they could even brag even harder "Ahhhhh! I own you all and I have less HP/AP then you all"

2nd Version of the idea : More HP to players under 1.5 K/D ratio (The needed ratio could be higher or lower)
    GunZ is a skill based game. The people who are at the top did not get there overnight. Some of these guys have been on it for almost 10 years. Doing something like this that levels the playing field is a big f-you to people who've put in countless hours in the game. You improve by playing more, thats the fun of it. Not by giving some unbalanced advantage.

Also, a player with low k/d does not = a noob. Take Lawri for example. This guy has probably one of the lowest k/d in game. However, he's not as bad as your average player in game.
    The converse is also true, a player with high k/d does not = a pro. Take Bulba for example. This guy farms k/d and leaves a room whenever it gets hard.

I understand where you are coming from, you want to keep newer players from quitting because all they do is die in game. However, i think GunZ is no longer at a position where it should look for new players. That time is long gone. It should focus on catering to its existing players because those are the players that have stuck around for years.

3. The following 4 users say thank you to Hart for this useful post:

Awful (04-25-2019), EternalBeast (04-25-2019), Oriqin (04-25-2019), Shang (04-25-2019)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    I think the concept of giving an advantage to weaker players is indeed necessary, yet i cannot ignore the fact that we cant add things to the server for multiple reasons
    - people are complaining about imbalancement and adding more things to consider would only complicate both balancong the game and complicate how new players percieve and require to understand the game before being good at it (considering gunz in general is a very hard game to master)
    - we do not have the developers required to make such adjustments and balance changes on a regular basis because the ones we have now are too inactive and seems like they dont care about hiring developers using donation money or other means.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    um

6. The following user said thank you to Traumatiser for this useful post:

Ekital (04-26-2019)

Thanks
    How about we give every player under 1 KDR like a solid 10% hitbox incres ok. Then they do moree dmg. Once climb over 1kdr mby they no ned enimor cuz they beter. watuthink thxbai

uwu

Country
    Thanks
    https://gyazo.com/986522416c3ccf3bd2dc9a54b0746567
    plz give me 100 hp/ap and 30% hitbox i need it

Ekital's Avatar Ultima

Country
    Thanks
    This is a competitive skill-based game. You should not be punishing good players.

Just get good.

Thread Information