Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    I've been thinking about a system where you can duel with people for coins or event points.

The invitation
    Either person will create an invitation at fgunz.net and will select: how many coins or event points, which map, the character name of the opponent and the time/date. The invitation will be sent to the opponent for them to review and they can then accept it. Once accepted, the coins or event points will be taken from both parties in case they both have sufficient coins or event points. (Otherwise the the match will not be approved) A thread will also be automatically created on the forum with information on the match for everyone to see. Invitations will be valid for 6 hours.

The match
    Once it's time, both parties must go in-game and start a private room and start the duel. Both parties must record the entire match.

After the match
    Once the match is over, either loser or winner will post in the thread that has been created on the forum and include the replay/screenshots. Even if the loser refuses to post, I'm sure the winner will post. This will then be reviewed by a staff member to be sure the match was legitimate and nothing suspicious happened.

What I need from you
    Answer these questions for me:
    - How many rounds should the match be? Or should I allow the players to choose the number of rounds? (with a minimum of 5)
    - Which maps should be available to choose from at the invitation creator at fgunz.net?
    - What should be the outfit and weapons?
    - Should there be an option on the invitation creator page to pick "anything" and "equal" for the outfit? (equal will be the outfit from the third question)
    - Should there be an option to pick the match style? (gladiator, pistols, revolvers, rifle, etc.)

Let me know what you think of this. An automated system would be much better but that's not as good against hacks, cheats, foul play, etc.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

2. The following 14 users say thank you to Dave for this useful post:

#1Chef (05-08-2019), Awful (05-08-2019), BARBARR (05-08-2019), Bulba (05-08-2019), ClassiCz (05-08-2019), Eagle (05-08-2019), Emerald (05-08-2019), ijramist (05-08-2019), justRelax (05-09-2019), Kira (05-08-2019), Mari (05-08-2019), Ommadawn (05-08-2019), randomserver (05-09-2019), Salem (05-08-2019)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I've been thinking about a system where you can duel with people for coins or event points.

The invitation
    Either person will create an invitation at fgunz.net and will select: how many coins or event points, which map, the character name of the opponent and the time/date. The invitation will be sent to the opponent for them to review and they can then accept it. Once accepted, the coins or event points will be taken from both parties in case they both have sufficient coins or event points. (Otherwise the the match will not be approved) A thread will also be automatically created on the forum with information on the match for everyone to see. Invitations will be valid for 6 hours.

The match
    Once it's time, both parties must go in-game and start a private room and start the duel. Both parties must record the entire match.

After the match
    Once the match is over, either loser or winner will post in the thread that has been created on the forum and include the replay/screenshots. Even if the loser refuses to post, I'm sure the winner will post. This will then be reviewed by a staff member to be sure the match was legitimate and nothing suspicious happened.

What I need from you
    - How many rounds should the match be? Or should I allow the players to choose the number of rounds? (with a minimum of 5)
    - Which maps should be available to choose from at the invitation creator at fgunz.net?
    - Should there be an option on the invitation creator page to pick "anything" and "equal" for the outfit? (equal will be the outfit from the third question)
    - Should there be an option to pick the match style? (gladiator, pistols, revolvers, rifle, etc.)

Let me know what you think of this. An automated system would be much better but that's not as good against hacks, cheats, foul play, etc.
    - 15 Rounds
    - Any current competitive CW map
    -125/100 HP/AP, weapons can decided by both parties to agree on.
    -Yes
    -To be honest I think it would be more fun if the match style was randomly created in the thread, so both parties won’t have any idea until the invitation has been accepted.

Also, since these threads will be public to the forum, will there be a system where we can bet with coins/event points on these matches? Or are we allowed to bet in private with eachother?

Freestyler's Senior

Country
    Thanks
    - How many rounds should the match be? Or should I allow the players to choose the number of rounds? (with a minimum of 5) first to reach 11 kills wins
    - Which maps should be available to choose from at the invitation creator at fgunz.net? hall and castle
    - What should be the outfit and weapons? 120/100 lv 40 weapons
    - Should there be an option on the invitation creator page to pick "anything" and "equal" for the outfit? (equal will be the outfit from the third question) no
    - Should there be an option to pick the match style? (gladiator, pistols, revolvers, rifle, etc.) you can use any weapon you want lv. 40

Bulba's Avatar The Original Pokemon

Country
    Thanks
    - How many rounds should the match be? Let the players choose the rounds. (with a minimum of 5)
    - Which maps should be available to choose from at the invitation creator at fgunz.net? Any Map
    - What should be the outfit and weapons? Any outfit, any weapons.
    - Should there be an option on the invitation creator page to pick "anything" and "equal" for the outfit? (equal will be the outfit from the third question) If the room is V, this shouldn't matter.
    - Should there be an option to pick the match style? (gladiator, pistols, revolvers, rifle, etc.) Any style of fight works. If a D styler wants to verus K-styler, then so be it.

Emerald's Avatar Think, believe and dream.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post

The invitation

The match

After the match

What I need from you

it would be much better if in the duel only Breakers are allowed

León's Avatar Are you insane like me?

Country
    Thanks
    - I'd say first to 11, like a classic 1v1, hence 20 rounds.
    - Mainly classic maps which used on CW with an addition of maps that fit gladiator duel such as arena and dojo.
    - Anything that does not include donation.
    - Yes, as an option to play on equal terms.
    - In my opinion there should be an opportunity for the participants to pick the playing style, that way anyone could play and it won't be made for certain players.

Originally Posted by Emerald† View Post
    it would be much better if in the duel only Breakers are allowed
    Nope, that would make it for certain players while others won't have the motivation to play it.

BARBARR's Avatar hi

Country
    Thanks
    u know what could be insane like making a modded maps like on csgo 2v2's like for example in garden remove the bottom so ppl wont run for 3 minutes

Hc Spiderman
    I think there should be a replay posted of the entire match afterwards, in order to get the coins/ep.

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    - First one to get to 10 or 11 kills (I'd say 11).
    - All of the current cw maps, in case you decide to add gladiator as well so they already have Battle Arena.
    - Any non-donor items/weapons.
    - Should there be an option on the invitation creator page to pick "anything" and "equal" for the outfit? Yes
    - Should there be an option to pick the match style? Yes (gladiator, pistols, revolvers, rifle, etc.)

11. The following user said thank you to Ommadawn for this useful post:

#1Chef (05-09-2019)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    You can make a room tag for this where it auto gives you a set of items.

[DSGS] Duelling ShotGun Sword
    [DSGD] Duelling ShotGun Dagger

and so on..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information