Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    I've been thinking about a system where you can duel with people for coins or event points.

The invitation
    Either person will create an invitation at fgunz.net and will select: how many coins or event points, which map, the character name of the opponent and the time/date. The invitation will be sent to the opponent for them to review and they can then accept it. Once accepted, the coins or event points will be taken from both parties in case they both have sufficient coins or event points. (Otherwise the the match will not be approved) A thread will also be automatically created on the forum with information on the match for everyone to see. Invitations will be valid for 6 hours.

The match
    Once it's time, both parties must go in-game and start a private room and start the duel. Both parties must record the entire match.

After the match
    Once the match is over, either loser or winner will post in the thread that has been created on the forum and include the replay/screenshots. Even if the loser refuses to post, I'm sure the winner will post. This will then be reviewed by a staff member to be sure the match was legitimate and nothing suspicious happened.

What I need from you
    Answer these questions for me:
    - How many rounds should the match be? Or should I allow the players to choose the number of rounds? (with a minimum of 5)
    - Which maps should be available to choose from at the invitation creator at fgunz.net?
    - What should be the outfit and weapons?
    - Should there be an option on the invitation creator page to pick "anything" and "equal" for the outfit? (equal will be the outfit from the third question)
    - Should there be an option to pick the match style? (gladiator, pistols, revolvers, rifle, etc.)

Let me know what you think of this. An automated system would be much better but that's not as good against hacks, cheats, foul play, etc.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

2. The following 14 users say thank you to Dave for this useful post:

#1Chef (05-08-2019), Awful (05-08-2019), BARBARR (05-08-2019), Bulba (05-08-2019), ClassiCz (05-08-2019), Eagle (05-08-2019), Emerald (05-08-2019), ijramist (05-08-2019), justRelax (05-09-2019), Kira (05-08-2019), Mari (05-08-2019), Ommadawn (05-08-2019), randomserver (05-09-2019), Salem (05-08-2019)

Thread Information