Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    serpento's Avatar ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Country
    Thanks
    simple answer is buy a better gfx card... you cant stress or pull out any more frames from something that cant produce the performance... its impossible :/

but then if you buy a gfx card you gotta look into the other aspects such as. . . processor to support the gfx card >> power supply >> new motherboard >> the list goes on from there.

tldr; buy a new gfx card for better frames.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    파란색 끈이 달린 타이거스 아이

grieve's Avatar 999.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Serp View Post
    simple answer is buy a better gfx card... you cant stress or pull out any more frames from something that cant produce the performance... its impossible :/

but then if you buy a gfx card you gotta look into the other aspects such as. . . processor to support the gfx card >> power supply >> new motherboard >> the list goes on from there.

tldr; buy a new gfx card for better frames.
    So basically i need to buy a new PC.
    Why do all legends die young?

serpento's Avatar ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by •Air• View Post
    yes and no, reason i say this is because at first i bought a gtx 1050ti gfx card not knowing its not compatible with my motherboard....or power supply.... or processing unit... so i ended up having to build the inside from scratch :\

i would enter in your specs here to see what does and does not work with your current situation. overall, you might end up just buying a gfx card but who knows maybe 100-150 usd at the most?
    파란색 끈이 달린 타이거스 아이

grieve's Avatar 999.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Serp View Post
    yes and no, reason i say this is because at first i bought a gtx 1050ti gfx card not knowing its not compatible with my motherboard....or power supply.... or processing unit... so i ended up having to build the inside from scratch :\

i would enter in your specs here to see what does and does not work with your current situation. overall, you might end up just buying a gfx card but who knows maybe 100-150 usd at the most?
    Idk all my parts tho, i just know that its pentium E5300, 3GB ram ddr2, NVIDIA GeForce GT 610.

serpento's Avatar ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Country
    Thanks
    Idk all my parts tho, i just know that its pentium E5300, 3GB ram ddr2, NVIDIA GeForce GT 610.
    did some research for you, this is the list of gfx cards that are compatible with your current cpu gfx cards
    list

also i looked into 2 gfx cards on the list that are from amd radeon... which looks like they perform better than a high end nvidia card would.

Radeon RX 580 4GB Crossfire
    Radeon RX 570 8GB

might have to upgrade your power supply depending on what you have.
    파란색 끈이 달린 타이거스 아이

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    So whats your FPS in GunZ with lowest res, all settings set to off / the lowest and archetype on? Less than 100?

I kinda doubt that it's your GPU that's throttling the FPS in GunZ, but your CPU. Changing graphic settings doesn't effect your FPS because no matter what your graphic settings are, the CPU always has to do certain calculations and because it can't do those fast enough you're hitting low FPS. Also your GPU isn't that bad for GunZ.

@ Serp, you have to pay attention when you upgrade CPU because there's many different sockets and motherboards for that that break compatibility. Not so much for GPU - just need power.
    Basically any CPU is compatible to any GPU as long as the motherboard has the PCI-E port which pretty much all of them do. He could even run the latest GTX 2080 TI with his CPU. Not smart but it would work.
    All that matters is that you have enough power and the PSU has the right adapters to fire up the GPU (if needed). Not all GPUs need external/extra power. Also those graphic cards you recommend are overkill for his system / CPU.

Anyway, instead of upgrading your GPU I would recommend you upgrade your CPU because that E5300 is reaaaally slow and I think that one is throttling your FPS. But that means, depending on the CPU, you will have to upgrade your motherboard. Or you grab a cheap used CPU for your socket 775 that is faster than your E5300. Then you can keep your motherboard. Even the best ones for that socket don't cost more than 15-20 bucks (used) - because, well, they're old and slow compared to todays'.

Yes.

7. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

serpento (05-18-2019)

grieve's Avatar 999.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    So whats your FPS in GunZ with lowest res, all settings set to off / the lowest and archetype on? Less than 100?

I kinda doubt that it's your GPU that's throttling the FPS in GunZ, but your CPU. Changing graphic settings doesn't effect your FPS because no matter what your graphic settings are, the CPU always has to do certain calculations and because it can't do those fast enough you're hitting low FPS. Also your GPU isn't that bad for GunZ.

@ Serp, you have to pay attention when you upgrade CPU because there's many different sockets and motherboards for that that break compatibility. Not so much for GPU - just need power.
    Basically any CPU is compatible to any GPU as long as the motherboard has the PCI-E port which pretty much all of them do. He could even run the latest GTX 2080 TI with his CPU. Not smart but it would work.
    All that matters is that you have enough power and the PSU has the right adapters to fire up the GPU (if needed). Not all GPUs need external/extra power. Also those graphic cards you recommend are overkill for his system / CPU.

Anyway, instead of upgrading your GPU I would recommend you upgrade your CPU because that E5300 is reaaaally slow and I think that one is throttling your FPS. But that means, depending on the CPU, you will have to upgrade your motherboard. Or you grab a cheap used CPU for your socket 775 that is faster than your E5300. Then you can keep your motherboard. Even the best ones for that socket don't cost more than 15-20 bucks (used) - because, well, they're old and slow compared to todays'.

Yes.
    Okay thank you very much for the help.
    Im buying a new pc soon.

9. The following user said thank you to grieve for this useful post:

serpento (05-18-2019)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information