Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks
    Outcomes of votes are decided by the majority, so knowing who starts one doesn't really matter. Three options that could be useful:

1. Add a vote-based /unkick <name> command similar to /vote kick, so that players can let people back in instead of relying on staff members all the time.

2. Prevent a character/account from starting more than 1 vote in the same room, or make them wait for a certain time period before they can do it again (assuming they abuse room creations to get fresh votes).

3. Get rid of the bugged dialog box that appears sometimes when /kick is used.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

#1Chef (05-31-2019), Hooni (06-01-2019)

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    Outcomes of votes are decided by the majority, so knowing who starts one doesn't really matter.
    ^This.

Pro: You'll know who is abusing the vote kick system.

Con: You'll hang them out and that will most likely cause drama.

Thanks
    It could greatly reduce abuse. Linzor brought up the drama part, which is entirely irrelevant. If someone abuses the kick system or kicks you for no good reason. He should expect hate. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. What goes around comes around. You're responsible for your actions, anyone bitching about it should be crucified.

Also bring back /vote kick ebezboi. I really miss using the voting system to mess with people.
    Last edited by Awful; 05-31-2019 at 07:51 AM. Reason: typo

5. The following user said thank you to Awful for this useful post:

Hooni (06-01-2019)

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    It could help us GM's for reports. We sometimes get reports where someone is 'abusing' vote kick. But we can't really know for certain because we can't see who started the kick.

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    1. Add a vote-based /unkick <name> command similar to /vote kick, so that players can let people back in instead of relying on staff members all the time.
    This is actually a wonderful idea, this way people will barely ask the staff members for unkicks.

Originally Posted by Ganggbangg View Post
    It could help us GM's for reports. We sometimes get reports where someone is 'abusing' vote kick. But we can't really know for certain because we can't see who started the kick.
    And I totally agree with Joshua here, it's impossible to know who actually started the vote kick so sometimes they have no other option but to decline the appeal due lack of evidence.

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    He should expect hate. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. What goes around comes around. You're responsible for your actions, anyone bitching about it should be crucified.
    Except this "hate" comes whether the kick was justified or not. People should not have to deal with that nonsense. Could easily lead to this guy doing worse things as revenge.

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by León View Post
    BUT, the moment it shows the name of the vote starter things might get awkward.
    Since many people are taking this game way too seriously it could cause weird grudges all around.....
    yeah yeah I know it sounds weird as **** but hey, it is true if you get to know the people here, hehe.
    But if you make it so the person who keeps starting the vote doesn't have the anonymity factor behind it, they probably won't feel willing to start a kick in the first place. So it won't really cause any drama if it's preventing the kick from happening.

And looking at kicks as their regular purpose when not being abused, (not saying you specifically lol) if you try to argue and say throwing in the name will make players feel afraid to kick someone, it makes no difference in my eyes. Even if you keep the name removed, if a player is being an asshole to you it's not gonna be hard for them to narrow down on who kicked them. It's more than likely gonna be the one who kept saying "stop" over and over to them... 9/10 they end up in your whispers anyways mocking you and trash talking you for kicking them.

If including the name is a no go, then at least implement an "unkick" vote like EB suggested for moments where you're unfairly kicked and it's being abused. People auto Y for the hell of it sometimes without even knowing what's going on.

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ganggbangg View Post
    It'd be useful if the usage of the /kick command was logged and GMs could view those logs. I think it's safe to assume that the admins already do this for staff commands. It'd save you the trouble of repeatedly asking players for proper evidence or declining reports due to insufficient evidence, and make it easy for you to punish the abusers.

Originally Posted by Awful View Post
    Also bring back /vote kick ebezboi. I really miss using the voting system to mess with people.
    Agreed, this was a fun feature; why do only staff members get to play with fake votes now?

Country
    Thanks
    -I see many scenarios where people are Y'd out because they do not want to wait on the last two remaining people in a TDM (disrespect).

- Also if it did show the name of whose kicking who it, would make the person not want to abuse the kick system.

- Scenario 1:
    Player 1 joins TDM --> few rounds go by --> Player 2 on other team does not like losing --> Player 2 toggle vote on Player 1 --> average player would obviously press y to avoid deaths from Player 1 ---> Now innocent player 1 will now be irritated ---> player 1 will seek revenge on whoever had done that vote. Now the revenge part he/she will now toxic to another player due to that unreasonable kick. (PUT in mind that he/she does not know who done it 100% so.. he/she will be salty now)

Scenario 2:

You join a TURBO DM and you're just playing as any other person playing gunz in a deathmatch ---> one person decides to kick you --> you wonder why --> ends up being vote accepted --> ??? ---> now you'll end up salty from an unreasonable kick

Scenario 3:
    You join a TDM and you are on BLUE team & many on RED team is using rockets --> you counter back by using rockets too or stuns --> boom you get the instant kicked despite them using the same weapon. (As i can see here i see double standards & unfairness)

Scenario 4:
    You're minding your own business in TDM, you are the last player remaining on the team with full hp/ap & the other team's remaining player is 10 hp --> now someone votes a kick on you and the OTHER team opposite of you decides to press y because their teammate is 10 hp knowingly you're full. (Soo this is not a PvP game?)

Scenario 5:
    You join an Attack and Defend --> someone cheats to kill you on purpose --> you do it back --> other team decides to kick you. (Double Standards?)

I personally see respect just being tossed out the window now.

That's just my two cents.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if it did show who toggled the vote , remember this is a player versus player game so player 1 creating a vote on player 2.
    End of the day player 1 and player 2 will still be playing against each other in a game but at a little more heated level & maybe drama but all could of been avoided by not kicking. Who to blame? Well maybe a person's mentality.

Country
    Thanks
    6/3/2019 - Instantly kicked from A&D - Not even a round in
    - 4 unreasonable kicks on me in garden for no reason

- Please simply alter the kick system to show who starts the vote poll. (2 weeks going on now being vote kicked repeatedly)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information