Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Here's what I picked up from the discussion:

- Add name of the person that started the /kick

- Change the /kick system so you can't just rejoin to start a new /kick, but will have to wait 30 minutes for example to be able to start a new /kick

- Add /unkick so users can vote to unkick a person

An idea of mine:

- Right now it's enough if more than 66% of the room vote YES for the person to be kicked (in a room of 12 people, that would be 8 YES votes) -> I could change this value to 80% for example (in a room of 12 people, that would be 10 YES votes) resulting in less unfair kicks

Which ones would you like to see (the most)?
    Also add the 30min timer to /unkick for regular player grade.

Country
    Thanks
    Here's what I picked up from the discussion:

- Add name of the person that started the /kick

- Change the /kick system so you can't just rejoin to start a new /kick, but will have to wait 30 minutes for example to be able to start a new /kick

- Add /unkick so users can vote to unkick a person

An idea of mine:

- Right now it's enough if more than 66% of the room vote YES for the person to be kicked (in a room of 12 people, that would be 8 YES votes) -> I could change this value to 80% for example (in a room of 12 people, that would be 10 YES votes) resulting in less unfair kicks

Which ones would you like to see (the most)?
    I highly agree with these except the last one; what if a GROUP of people is targeting to kick one particular person out no matter what. /unkick wouldn't seem functional in that.

Like someone said it may cause grudges based off the player's name shown on starting the vote but that player should expect heat back.

Agree with the 66% changed to 80% due to many people just pressing y out of curiosity.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hooni View Post
    I highly agree with these except the last one; what if a GROUP of people is targeting to kick one particular person out no matter what. /unkick wouldn't seem functional in that.
    It's better than not having an option at all.

If the 30 minute restriction applies to the same room, it'd be perfect. If a player (host) decides to create a new room, they should be able to start a vote in it instantly, regardless of the status of their vote in another room.

An idea of mine:

This could be a problem for fair votes, too. There are many players who don't make informed decisions and vote randomly. For example, some players may not notice a spiker with small ping jumps (20-50) unless they begin teleporting all over the map. If votes against such players get rejected, everyone suffers. There could also be a biased group of people affecting the outcome of fair votes.

In my opinion, an /unkick command for players should suffice for now. It'd be useful for the staff to log the usage of /kick to check for abuse before changing how the voting system works, instead of doing it based on anecdotal evidence by 1 player.

Hooni does tend to use mines, ice/electric elements for massives, and generally trolls in some rooms (which is fine - I enjoy messing around, too), but you can see why it annoys some people and makes them want to kick him. Maybe Hooni should record some replays and actually report the people who have been abusing the system? This has probably never been a significant problem for anyone else.
    Last edited by EternalBeast; 06-05-2019 at 02:28 AM.

4. The following 2 users say thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

Ganggbangg (06-05-2019), Hart (06-05-2019)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    I will do a few changes next update and we will see how it goes from there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information