Country
    Thanks
    Hi guys, I have gotten a problem recently (idk how).
    I have been getting CPU usage of 100% when I am on gunz and when I switch tabs to any other things, the usage goes down to a very low percentage (first image is just right after I switch out of gunz). Somehow it is always the "Desktop Window Manager" that is consuming all the CPU. Any idea how to fix this?
    https://imgur.com/g85iA3v
    https://imgur.com/AqNqjVQ
    Attached Images Attached Images

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    DWM (Desktop Window Manager) usually takes care of background things such as monitor resolution, thumbnails, theme effects, etc.

I suggest you a few things;

1) Change your whole system performance - click here.
    2) Upgrade your GPU (could be causing it) drivers & other hardware drivers if they are not up to date.
    3) Whenever it uses so much of your CPU, right click > Open File Location > the file should be located under Windows/System32 folder, if it's not there - it's most likely a virus then.
    4) Scan your PC with MBAM or ADWCleaner.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

3. The following user said thank you to GeorgeGFX for this useful post:

la flame (06-02-2019)

Country
    Thanks
    I have tried out everything except for no. 4 which I scanned using Norton Antivirus and it is still not working. The surprising thing is that this only happens when I run gunz and not any other games

León's Avatar Are you insane like me?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by shermanomam View Post
    I have tried out everything except for no. 4 which I scanned using Norton Antivirus and it is still not working. The surprising thing is that this only happens when I run gunz and not any other games
    Norton is not as trustworthy as the softwares George mentioned, do try scanning with them and post back with the results.

Thread Information