Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Aidan's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Hey guys how we all doing?

One original feature of GunZ that I would love to see brought back for all players and not just staff is the ability to spectate rooms.
    I mean if for whatever reason it's something that is an absolute no-no, then at least bring it for the duel rooms if feesable?

It was always nice being able to spectate friends and duels etc for whatever reason.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Aidan

2. The following user said thank you to Aidan for this useful post:

ViktorBCII (06-10-2019)

León's Avatar Are you insane like me?

Country
    Thanks
    I agree though it can cause lots of unwanted stalking and might also cause drama, if for example 2 people are chatting about a third person who is watching the room.

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    I have mixed feelings about this one. I agree with Leon that it would just cause issues in less populated/more social rooms like a training room or a glad room. Anyone could just come in and SS or take a picture with their phone of what you're saying.

Even though it'd be cool to watch over a room like a DM for example, I see it causing too much drama. Plus it's already a thing in most of the game modes anyway once you're dead or join a room (Duel, TDM, Team Glad, etc). Only difference is your name is exposed. So it's not like you don't get to enjoy spectating at all.

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

León's Avatar Are you insane like me?

Country
    Thanks
    Maybe make a regular announcement similar to the "X has joined the room" but then add "as spectator" or something.
    (if that's not too much effort to begin with, that is
    ^ staff members excluded of course)
    Last edited by León; 06-10-2019 at 03:13 AM.

Dante's Avatar Nephilim Son Of Sparda

Thanks
    Originally Posted by León View Post
    I agree though it can cause lots of unwanted stalking and might also cause drama, if for example 2 people are chatting about a third person who is watching the room.
    If you don't want someone to join a room because you're talking shit in their back, locked rooms also exists, but there's also other places to do it instead of speaking in your own language that most people don't understand.

la flame's Avatar icantteachuhowtoslowdance

Country
    Thanks
    so basically a gm tool

Country
    Thanks
    trash suggestion, if u want these u better apply for gm once it's open. u should better come up with a better suggestion these kind of suggestion are worthless, or maybe there will be a room tag for these. example [AS] -Allow Spectator, But other than that i don't like it so it's still TRASH lol

9. The following user said thank you to Oriqin for this useful post:

Student (06-11-2019)

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    They would have to limit the number of allowed spectators per room, that is the only thing i can say for certain. I don't think its going to happen though with all the extra coding that would need to be done so spectating wouldn't become a buggy mess. I'm pretty sure most of the custom code doesn't take into account a regular player spectating since they aren't considered the same as a hidden staff member in the code. So unfortunately its not as simple as flipping a switch and would take quite some time.
    Last edited by S1lent; 06-12-2019 at 05:37 AM.

11. The following user said thank you to S1lent for this useful post:

la flame (06-13-2019)

Rain's Avatar Reality, What is?

Country
    Thanks
    Spectator mode was never finished neither was it ever possible in any gunz versions. ( spectating without rejoining)
    i think the dev team and i already talked about this and it was gonna come with huge issue's.

But i do think it's worth it if it's only usable in "Private" Rooms, Rooms with a password and all.
    But like silent said, I honestly doubt this will be a thing.

13. The following user said thank you to Rain for this useful post:

Ommadawn (06-12-2019)

Ekital's Avatar Ultima

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    Spectator mode was never finished neither was it ever possible in any gunz versions. ( spectating without rejoining)
    i think the dev team and i already talked about this and it was gonna come with huge issue's.

But i do think it's worth it if it's only usable in "Private" Rooms, Rooms with a password and all.
    But like silent said, I honestly doubt this will be a thing.
    If I remember correctly Aiden finished it for DG once upon a time but it was never released, the original maiet spectator code.

15. The following user said thank you to Ekital for this useful post:

Rain (06-13-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information