Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52
  1. #1
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Country
    Posts
    795
    Thanked
    618
    Thanks
    400
    Hello, since flips rooms are very active (always 6+ players) a good mode to make that game more fun would be cool.
    Make a new flips mode with imposed rules, here are some of them:
    Massive off.
    You can't deal any damage by melee weapons.
    Only Swords and Kodachis are allowed.
    Maps like Stairway and Lost Shrine which are easy to flip into oblivion.

    I already talked with Mcsic about this and he seemed to like it and willing to add it, I posted it here so I might get new / better ideas from you guys, please if you have an idea then go ahead.



    I think I saw a suggestion like this years ago idk but a credit for whoever made that is given.
    Last edited by Zabu; 06-11-2019 at 11:47 PM.

  2. The following 2 users say thank you to Zabu for this useful post:

    Hulk (06-12-2019), Piccolo (06-12-2019)

  3. #2
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Country
    Posts
    4,915
    Thanked
    2,732
    Thanks
    1,094
    yes but many of the players who play flips dont only flip because only flipping and dealing no damage with your sword isnt fun, otherwise you wouldnt need to put the rules you suggest in place in order to force players to be unable to do damage.
    the rooms are popular for more than just being able to flip.

  4. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

    Ommadawn (06-12-2019)

  5. #3
    Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Posts
    10,267
    Thanked
    2,476
    Thanks
    1,448
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    yes but many of the players who play flips dont only flip because only flipping and dealing no damage with your sword isnt fun, otherwise you wouldnt need to put the rules you suggest in place in order to force players to be unable to do damage.
    the rooms are popular for more than just being able to flip.
    I agree with Bunny. I remember I used to play at those stairway rooms sometimes when I was super bored, and tbh I wouldn't join those rooms if I couldn't deal any damage with my sword. Also not to mention you basically disabled D-style so you lose some players who won't join those specific rooms.

  6. #4
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Country
    Posts
    1,886
    Thanked
    469
    Thanks
    754
    Let daggers aswell, but I agree on no dmg part.

  7. #5
    Freestyler

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    656
    Thanked
    130
    Thanks
    124
    Nice, maybe Berserker type mode for flippers, to give #1 extra dmg on sword.
    HHHHhHHHHhHHHHhhhHHHhHhHHHHhHHhHhhhhHhhHHHHHHHHhhhhHhhhHHhHhH Br

  8. #6
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Country
    Posts
    795
    Thanked
    618
    Thanks
    400
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    yes but many of the players who play flips dont only flip because only flipping and dealing no damage with your sword isnt fun, otherwise you wouldnt need to put the rules you suggest in place in order to force players to be unable to do damage.
    the rooms are popular for more than just being able to flip.
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    I agree with Bunny. I remember I used to play at those stairway rooms sometimes when I was super bored, and tbh I wouldn't join those rooms if I couldn't deal any damage with my sword. Also not to mention you basically disabled D-style so you lose some players who won't join those specific rooms.
    Making something new doesn't prevent the old thing from continuing.
    If you don't like this mode go make a normal room, but my point is people who play those rooms for flips purpose don't get along very well with the present mode.
    Here are some examples:
    people join with large swords and spam slash, they either kill you or they make you so low that you spend 2~4 minutes trying to heal just to not mess your score up.
    You flip someone and you keep slashing him to oblivion or you trying to save him, if he slashes you 1 time you load massive then you hit it mid-air and you end up suiciding.
    3-4 people aiming you and keep slashing you to get you killed in a room was meant to be a flips room.

    As I said, If you don't like this mode you can still play the current mode, but this mode will be perfect for the flippers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Let daggers aswell, but I agree on no dmg part.
    Daggers won't be an obstacle since you can't deal damage by them, sounds fine.

  9. #7
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Country
    Posts
    4,915
    Thanked
    2,732
    Thanks
    1,094
    then for the same reason gladiator tournaments got declined, i still dont agree with this suggestion. dividing the small community even further is the opposite of the goal.
    literally all of the problems you brought up are solved by one thing: git gud (learn to abuse large swords that cant block or flip, delay your slashes or learn to control your massive in other ways, be better than the 3-4 players aiming you (it never bothered me in the past)).

    by the way, this isnt targeted at you, but at anyone who sees the things you brought up as genuine problems.

  10. #8
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Country
    Posts
    795
    Thanked
    618
    Thanks
    400
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    then for the same reason gladiator tournaments got declined, i still dont agree with this suggestion. dividing the small community even further is the opposite of the goal.
    literally all of the problems you brought up are solved by one thing: git gud (learn to abuse large swords that cant block or flip, delay your slashes or learn to control your massive in other ways, be better than the 3-4 players aiming you (it never bothered me in the past)).

    by the way, this isnt targeted at you, but at anyone who sees the things you brought up as genuine problems.
    I still don't get your point or why are you taking this too far, how can we divide the players by making a new mode, its like saying cancel turbo mode since we already have a deathmatch mode.
    What's the problem of making a new mode serving people who only join for flip purpose.

    I mean the room was made to be A FLIP ROOM why tf would anyone waste his time dodging annoying players who trying to ruin the fun for him. And if you're so good doesn't mean that everyone is good at the game, But you look at things only from your point of view.

    And for god sake, I'm saying this for the 3rd time, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS MAKE A NORMAL ROOM.

  11. #9
    Freestyler

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    656
    Thanked
    130
    Thanks
    124
    There also that Spy mode which none play, so its ppls choice what to play or what not.
    If u dont want this added, simply dont play lol. let others have variety of options. .....
    HHHHhHHHHhHHHHhhhHHHhHhHHHHhHHhHhhhhHhhHHHHHHHHhhhhHhhhHHhHhH Br

  12. The following user said thank you to ImComming4U for this useful post:

    Zabu (06-12-2019)

  13. #10
    Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Country
    Posts
    4,427
    Thanked
    522
    Thanks
    1,513
    This is a horrible idea. Stairway is not just flipping. It combines both with each other. This mode is going to do nothing good for the stairway community, if anything it's just gonna split the small group that already exists. I personally believe that by adding this mode you'll either kill stairway all together or this mode will stay untouched.
    Last edited by Linzor; 06-12-2019 at 01:15 AM.

  14. The following 2 users say thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

    Eddie (06-13-2019), Zeino (06-12-2019)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)