Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    wys

Country
    Thanks
    Kuja you ass where you been.

OT: Great suggestion. I believe this will bring the "fun" into the flipping games. Dealing no dmg will mean that people can have fun trying to juggle each other across the map.

2. The following user said thank you to Mex for this useful post:

Zabu (06-12-2019)

Zabu's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    This is a horrible idea. Stairway is not just flipping. It combines both with each other. This mode is going to do nothing good for the stairway community, if anything it's just gonna split the small group that already exists. I personally believe that by adding this mode you'll either kill stairway or this mode will stay untouched.
    I don't think any player would join Stairways just to play normal glad, cause if you do then have fun dying every 9 seconds (suicide or getting flipped by other players), most of the players join for flipping, as a flip player i see this mode more fun in many ways, like juggling as Mex mentioned.
    I still don't get how this is gonna split the community since most of players join those rooms just for flips. You're one of them players.
    And another point, most of the players who play stairways use mainly rusty or training swords, that means that they trying to get as less damage as possible.
    Last edited by Zabu; 06-12-2019 at 01:25 AM.

wys

Country
    Thanks
    Hi Aredus

OT: Wanted to add this in...
    This mode will be beneficial for medstylers as there will be no dmg dealt. So, the medstyler won't die by 4-5 hits by large swords.

5. The following user said thank you to Mex for this useful post:

Zabu (06-12-2019)

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    Kuja you ass where you been.

OT: Great suggestion. I believe this will bring the "fun" into the flipping games. Dealing no dmg will mean that people can have fun trying to juggle each other across the map.
    You mean like with training swords? Only difference is that you're not giving the other person the choice if he wants to deal damage or not by hitting you. It completely divides the stairway community players since everyone has their own techniques. By removing damage you won't have to care of getting hit by someone so you can just continue flipping 24/7 hoping to finally hit someone. Having damage on punishes them for "missing". It brings strategy to the mode which this suggestion complety destroys.

To me, who has been a stairway player ever since I first started playing GunZ back when I was 10 years old (14 years ago), I'd compare this to the scenario we had with the [R] tag. It completely ruined some people's playstyle when we removed it and it made many players quit all together because of the change. Only difference here is that you're changing the original concept to something worse, as with the [R] tag you only reversed it back to its "original" form.

Banned

Thanks
    You mean like with training swords? Only difference is that you're not giving the other person the choice if he wants to deal damage or not by hitting you. It completely divides the stairway community players since everyone has their own techniques. By removing damage you won't have to care of getting hit by someone so you can just continue flipping 24/7 hoping to finally hit someone. Having damage on punishes them for "missing". It brings strategy to the mode which this suggestion complety destroys.

To me, who has been a stairway player ever since I first started playing GunZ back when I was 10 years old (14 years ago), I'd compare this to the scenario we had with the [R] tag. It completely ruined some people's playstyle when we removed it and it made many players quit all together because of the change. Only difference here is that you're changing the original concept to something worse, as with the [R] tag you only reversed it back to its "original" form.
    missing what? everyone misses slashes?, the slashing will help to slash then flip. But having to get hit by sword and then run around the map to find meds or even rejoin is kinda shit. knowing u wont need to heal up meaning u can have faster paced fights. also like mex said u can juggle ppl for to have fun time, good idea.
    If ppl dont like this then they can stick to normal glad, simple.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ImComming4U View Post
    missing what? everyone misses slashes?, the slashing will help to slash then flip. But having to get hit by sword and then run around the map to find meds or even rejoin is kinda shit. knowing u wont need to heal up meaning u can have faster paced fights. also like mex said u can juggle ppl for to have fun time, good idea.
    If ppl dont like this then they can stick to normal glad, simple.
    Flips, not slashes. When you flip you also become vulnerable.

People can run away from you either way, only difference is that now you have to chase them down by flipping them instead of slashing them, you think they run just because they're low on health? Enjoy dealing with trolls (oh sorry I forgot that you're one). This doesn't necessarily make anything faster. That depends completely on their playstyle.

I already mentioned the juggling. The easier solution would be to equip a training sword rather than making a whole new mode about it that splits the entire community, which is a very small community to begin with.

Thanks
    Its a good idea to be honest getting slashed from big swords and run for heals not fun just give it a try people might like it.
    i mean stairway glad meant to be only for flips and we all know that.
    either way i'am fine with both slash or no slash just saying give it a chance.

Country
    Thanks
    I think a better suggestion would be to somehow make Team Glad more appealing considering that it is a dead mode.

Banned

Thanks
    Flips, not slashes. When you flip you also become vulnerable.

People can run away from you either way, only difference is that now you have to chase them down by flipping them instead of slashing them, you think they run just because they're low on health? Enjoy dealing with trolls (oh sorry I forgot that you're one). This doesn't necessarily make anything faster. That depends completely on their playstyle.

I already mentioned the juggling. The easier solution would be to equip a training sword rather than making a whole new mode about it that splits the entire community, which is a very small community to begin with.
    u can still slash plus flip as a combo to kill, which everyone does. I mean if someone was running away from you, then in a map like stairways you wouldn;t get caught. also if someone is running away from you not cuz they are low, why would someone be bothered to chase? thats just dumb, unless you are frustrated and want to smack the dude like theres no tomorrow, in a map like stairways that is lol.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ProAssPlayer View Post
    i mean stairway glad meant to be only for flips and we all know that.
    Spoken like a true rookie. It like I said above combines both.

I'm not sure you ever play stairway but you're telling me you see people with big swords run away and hit people? I don't think you've played stairway for at least 2 years on this server.

Originally Posted by ImComming4U View Post
    u can still slash plus flip as a combo to kill, which everyone does. I mean if someone was running away from you, then in a map like stairways you wouldn;t get caught. also if someone is running away from you not cuz they are low, why would someone be bothered to chase? thats just dumb, unless you are frustrated and want to smack the dude like theres no tomorrow, in a map like stairways that is lol.
    I have no idea what you mean by that combo. You can't possible flip and also slash at the same time. What I'm saying is that while you're flipping, you're vulnerable to taking damage. People use that as an advantage to do damage on you, punishing you for missing/making a mistake.

You chase people all the time so you tell me. So if they don't get caught then how would this make it any easier? It's definitely possible to chase down trolls by doing damage to them.

I am against this idea because it creates a brainless mode that won't last. It will only divide the small community that we already are on stairway. That's why I think this will just kill stairway all together instead.

Enjoy dealing with campers btw. Gonna love that shit.
    Last edited by Linzor; 06-12-2019 at 01:53 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information