Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thanks
    Linzor.

I'm not sure you ever play stairway but you're telling me you see people with big swords run away and hit people? I don't think you've played stairway for at least 2 years on this server.

a true rookie u saying ? u not sure that i ever play stairway and i didnt play stairway for 2 years.
    why u talking like u know and i already said i dont mind both dont get over urself cuz ur a gm just saying i respect u but dont go around saying something u dont know.
    Last edited by ProAssPlayer; 06-12-2019 at 02:09 AM.

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zabu View Post
    I don't think any player would join Stairways just to play normal glad, cause if you do then have fun dying every 9 seconds (suicide or getting flipped by other players), most of the players join for flipping, as a flip player i see this mode more fun in many ways, like juggling as Mex mentioned.
    I still don't get how this is gonna split the community since most of players join those rooms just for flips. You're one of them players.
    And another point, most of the players who play stairways use mainly rusty or training swords, that means that they trying to get as less damage as possible.
    No they don't join stairway just to play normal glad. But it has always been a combination of both. This however removes any skills that there is to this mode (believe it or not non-stairway players but there are sucha thing). As a flip player I don't see how this is going to improve the mode at all. You can SIMPLY put on training sword and nothing would be different for you. You can juggle people all you want with training swords. Having people do that would be so much better than divide people by creating a new mode which means a new room for the few people who still play this mode. This is not going to bring new players to stairway but only make more leave it. If anything you get a few more campers who will just flip 24/7 at some spot knowing they can't take damage.

This is not innovative, it doesn't bring new people to the map. You only satisfy a part of the current stairway community while the other half is unpleased that there are less people in the original mode since you divided it. less people = less fun. This is the wrong direction to take for the server to grow Imo.
    Last edited by Linzor; 06-12-2019 at 02:20 AM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ProAssPlayer View Post
    Linzor.

I'm not sure you ever play stairway but you're telling me you see people with big swords run away and hit people? I don't think you've played stairway for at least 2 years on this server.

a true rookie u saying ? u not sure that i ever play stairway and i didnt play stairway for 2 years.
    why u talking like u know and i already said i dont mind both dont get over urself cuz ur a gm just saying i respect u but dont go around saying something u dont know.
    I'm talking like I know that because you obviously don't know anything about stairway. So don't get pissed off because I comment your stupid statement. If you can't deal with criticism then don't bother commenting.

I'm not a GM, and if you think this has anything to do with me being a staff member then think again.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ProAssPlayer View Post
    i mean stairway glad meant to be only for flips and we all know that.
    wrong. it got popular among specifically gladiator players that wanted an alternative to just slashing away at your opponent by giving a relatively high chance of getting a kill if youre good enough and can get a flip on them, FOLLOWED by slashes and everything else.

as someone who has been playing for years (even if less for the past year), i have noticed that many players are starting to use flipping mostly which turned the rooms to stale and boring where ping determines a big part of your success.
    slashing and giving the opponent a fear of death if he stands still and keeps trying to flip you gives you a chance to lock them down and flip them yourself.
    also, imagine the stalemates of trying to flip a camper when you literally cannot kill him by slashing (and consider the amount of fun you'll have in the process?).

5. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Student (06-12-2019)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    wrong. it got popular among specifically gladiator players that wanted an alternative to just slashing away at your opponent by giving a relatively high chance of getting a kill if youre good enough and can get a flip on them, FOLLOWED by slashes and everything else.

as someone who has been playing for years (even if less for the past year), i have noticed that many players are starting to use flipping mostly which turned the rooms to stale and boring where ping determines a big part of your success.
    slashing and giving the opponent a fear of death if he stands still and keeps trying to flip you gives you a chance to lock them down and flip them yourself.
    also, imagine the stalemates of trying to flip a camper when you literally cannot kill him by slashing (and consider the amount of fun you'll have in the process?).
    I think Bunny makes a really good point here when it comes to ping. Flipping someone with high ping is really difficult if they're moving around. You basically have to predict where they are going to be 2 seconds before they're there. If anything I think this has discouraged people from playing stairway.

Zabu's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    You can SIMPLY put on training sword and nothing would be different for you. You can juggle people all you want with training swords.
    How can you juggle someone when they slash you to load massive and make u suicide.
    Ppl who agreed with this are very active players who only play flips.
    Played stairways for years now haven't seen omma not even once
    Linzor plays once evey two weeks and havent seen bunny in a while in a stairway room.
    Which means flips players want this so bad not only me.

I am done with this for now, waiting for different opinions.
    Thanks for your opinions eveyone, either supports it or not.

Dante's Avatar Nephilim Son Of Sparda

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zabu View Post
    • You can't deal any damage by melee weapons.
    You lost me right there and that's the reason I would be against it.

Country
    Thanks
    You wouldn't be able to juggle if I slashed you away anyways, with or without you getting a massive.
    You and two others who are considered being the biggest trolls of this community approve of this suggestion. Yeah I don't know if that's to your benefit or not.
    You not seeing us in stairway as frequently has got nothing to do with us not understand the mode itself.

Your only argument here is that you and some others who commented here plays stairway so that must be what stairway player wants. Tell me how this will benefit this server? How will dividing people help at all? Or do you seriously believe that this mode will bring new players to stairway? You think what's been holding people back from playing stairway right now is that people slash them? I sincerely doubt that.

Banned

Thanks

I have no idea what you mean by that combo. You can't possible flip and also slash at the same time. What I'm saying is that while you're flipping, you're vulnerable to taking damage. People use that as an advantage to do damage on you, punishing you for missing/making a mistake.

You chase people all the time so you tell me. So if they don't get caught then how would this make it any easier? It's definitely possible to chase down trolls by doing damage to them.

I am against this idea because it creates a brainless mode that won't last. It will only divide the small community that we already are on stairway. That's why I think this will just kill stairway all together instead.

Enjoy dealing with campers btw. Gonna love that shit.
    about the Combo - when u slash the user, they are slightly locked at their position if their on ground, so if ur quick u can simply slash and flip the dude. thats what im tryna say.
    When I flip i flip and shift, so if someone were to slash i would recoil it.

I Dont chase ppl who are healing up unless i hear the sound of them being low, if that were the case then i'll chase them so im leading hence i can make the flip on time rather slash them to death.
    Or avoid chasing at all, cuz like i said in a map like stairways its difficult to chase.

Admins have already dealt with campers, theres 2-3 delay of spawn. so if someone was camping at spawn, simply camp along with them, you wont get flipped and they'll be flipped. in general camping, im sure many have learnt to tackle a camper, someone like Zec aka Non-Legendary.

Banned

Thanks
    I think Bunny makes a really good point here when it comes to ping. Flipping someone with high ping is really difficult if they're moving around. You basically have to predict where they are going to be 2 seconds before they're there. If anything I think this has discouraged people from playing stairway.
    This is why /kick is in place, if everyone finds the camper with high pinger pissing them off, simply /kick. if you have played stairways so long, leading the camper shouldn't be a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

You wouldn't be able to juggle if I slashed you away anyways, with or without you getting a massive.
    You and two others who are considered being the biggest trolls of this community approve of this suggestion. Yeah I don't know if that's to your benefit or not.
    You not seeing us in stairway as frequently has got nothing to do with us not understand the mode itself.

Your only argument here is that you and some others who commented here plays stairway so that must be what stairway player wants. Tell me how this will benefit this server? How will dividing people help at all? Or do you seriously believe that this mode will bring new players to stairway? You think what's been holding people back from playing stairway right now is that people slash them? I sincerely doubt that.
    It is like you know what the future is, please explain how this will divide the current ccommunity in half? i dont get how you can constantly repeat urself saying the flip community will halve. Perhaps the new mode will be active and ppl will forget the normal playing mode. How are you so certain about this?

12. The following 2 users say thank you to ImComming4U for this useful post:

Student (06-12-2019), Zabu (06-12-2019)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information